Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Having just read the PC review of the Touchpad, the most shocking and disappointing detail is that Google/calendar sync, which was broken in 2x, is still not working right on the Touchpad. Seriously, HP?! You know about this problem....you don't fix it on a new device? What use is this as a business device without a functioning, syncing calendar?!

Very disappointing. I may be holding off on my planned purchase tomorrow and I'm seriously thinking of looking at the iPad.
    There is no known problem with Google calendar sync. There have been some issues with migration from another device that is easily remedied.

HP offers many types of free support to handle any problem that may arise.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Having just read the PC review of the Touchpad, the most shocking and disappointing detail is that Google/calendar sync, which was broken in 2x, is still not working right on the Touchpad. Seriously, HP?! You know about this problem....you don't fix it on a new device? What use is this as a business device without a functioning, syncing calendar?!

Very disappointing. I may be holding off on my planned purchase tomorrow and I'm seriously thinking of looking at the iPad.
    what's broken with google calendar? I have heard about the issue of calendars only synching two months forward, but I'm seeing my events well into 2012 so it looks like it is working for me at least. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but they're all auto-recurring events.
    Just set up my Google account on the TP and my calendar events are all there, so seems to be working fine for me.
    It works on 2.x for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Working fine for me, too. I have my work Outlook sync'd to Google, then to my Pre and TP with no problems.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    No issues here with Google calendar sync on my HP.
    You're insane.

But seriously, there's nothing wrong with Google Calendar syncing.
  9.    #9  
    Sorry folks. There's a well documented issue with Google calendar not syncing from the device to Google on 2x. HP/Palm has acknowledged the same. Check the forums here or the Palm/HP support site. I'd post a link but writing from my Pre. Frantid has worked out a patch to try to fix it. It seems better on 2.1 than 2.0.1. As for the TP, I hopefully won't have any issues since it let me set up Google as an Exchange account. That also won't work on 2.0.1. Works fine on 2.1.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm also having problems with synching my Google account with my TPad. I continue to have the yellow triangle error symbol but it won't tell me a problem description. I'm using the correct user ID/password.

My Pre- has no problems at all with Google.
    My future recurring events moved over fine, but individual appointments several months out did not sync to my TP. Not good.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Same here
    yes this is flawed. Sometimes my calendar opens to the previous day as well. Hopefully this gets fixed in the update but there are a lot of bugs that need to fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by exabyte View Post
    There is no known problem with Google calendar sync. There have been some issues with migration from another device that is easily remedied.

HP offers many types of free support to handle any problem that may arise.
    WOEHAHAHAHAHA.....no problems? what are you talking about? it doesn´t sync the google calender.....
    HP's "canned" response has been that the Google Calendar syncing issue is a limitation of Google, but that is NOT correct... it's a WebOS software bug. My original Pre (WebOS 1.4.5) FULLY sync's in an unlimited fashion with past and future Google Calendar events (regardless if recurring or one-time appts). In fact, I just now got off the phone with HP Tech Support (regarding my "unable-to-connect-with-my-home-network" issue, which forced me to return my Touchpad), and I specifically asked him about the Calendar issue as well. He could NOT assure me that it is even being addressed. Unbelievable! I just got my replacement Verizon Actiontec router, and was going to buy another Touchpad today, but instead will be looking at the Samsung Galaxy and Toshiba Thrive.
    Last edited by sleepysurf; 07/10/2011 at 01:45 PM. Reason: clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    HP's "canned" response has been that the Google Calendar syncing issue is a limitation of Google, but that is NOT correct... it's a WebOS software bug. My original Pre (WebOS 1.4.5) FULLY sync's in an unlimited fashion with past and future Google Calendar events (regardless if recurring or one-time appts). In fact, I just now got off the phone with HP Tech Support (regarding my "unable-to-connect-with-my-home-network" issue, which forced me to return my Touchpad), and I specifically asked him about the Calendar issue as well. He could NOT assure me that it is even being addressed. Unbelievable! I just got my replacement Verizon Actiontec router, and was going to buy another Touchpad today, but instead will be looking at the Samsung Galaxy and Toshiba Thrive.
    Get ASUS. It is chipper.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Found this lengthy thread on the H/Palm Support Forum, but doesn't look like they are aggressively searching for the fix...
    strange behavior syncing Pre2 Calendar with Google... - Support Community
    When I add an event on my TP, it syncs to Google Calendar. Last I checked, this was broken on my Pre 2.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Yes, it seems to work from the Touchpad *TO* Google Calendar. However, non-recurring appts added to Google Calendar (via Palm Pre or Google Calendar on the web) that are more than 2 months away do NOT show up on the Touchpad calendar. For example, my daughter just started college, and "Parents Weekend" is 10/21-23, which I added to my Google Calendar online. That event shows up on my WebOS 1.4.5 Palm Pre, but NOT on my Touchpad. Not a good thing!

In my situation, 90% of future events are added directly to Google Calendar via my office laptop. Those events MUST be visible on both my Pre and Touchpad.

IMHO, this should be the #1 bug that HP is trying to fix, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Last edited by sleepysurf; 07/10/2011 at 05:46 PM.
    4aSong and chillihead like this.
    Whenever I add, delete, or modify an appointment it will show correctly on my TP but the newly updated appointment wont show on my Pre or on the web. I hope this is fixed in the update, its getting really annoying to always have to refer to my TP when I need to do something with my calender.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast