Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ijip
  1.    #1  
    So, I went into Best Buy in Tampa, FL, today, to change my pre-order of a 16 GB Touchpad to a 32 GB Touchpad, since HP is offering a $50 rebate on the 32 GB tablet for Legacy Palm users. The Best Buy employee told me that if I changed my pre-order from the 16 GB to the 32 GB, it would put me at the "back of the line" of those who had already pre-ordered the 32 GB, and if there were enough people who had pre-ordered it, I may not get it on launch day.

I was a little amused by his statement since I figured that there were only about 5 or so people who had probably pre-ordered the Touchpad, but I asked, "Well, how many people have actually ordered the 32 GB Touchpad?" He said he would go check, and a few minutes later he came back and said that 44 people had already pre-ordered the 32 GB Touchpad!!!

I was shocked to hear that there were that many people at one Best Buy that had pre-ordered this tablet. Just a few days ago it was as if Best Buy didn't even know how to take the pre-orders. Maybe there is more interest in this device than we realize.

Anyway, I went ahead and changed my pre-order to the 32GB, even if I don't get it on launch day. He did say that they try to match demand with Pre-orders, but it is possible they may only get 20 or so in on the first shipment.
    Wow, surprising news. I would have assumed 5 or so too. Ok, who here lives in Tampa...? lol
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    wow, i hope those are real numbers and not from the cloud -=X
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    LocoTreoGurl likes this.
    I pre-ordered one last Friday and they told me that I was the first at that store (as if it wasn't obvious since took 5 people to figure out how to do it). I'm in Tucson, AZ
    I was the first at my local best buy to Pre-order the HP Touchpad, they told me that I would be receiving a call on launch day and that I could come pick it up at anytime.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    I'm also the first pre-order at the Ft Lauderdale BBY store.
    FIRST!

to pre-order in Moore, OK that is. LOL they said they would call me. It's likely I'll be there before they know they have it!
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I was the first at my local best buy to Pre-order the HP Touchpad, they told me that I would be receiving a call on launch day and that I could come pick it up at anytime.
    i was also first. they told me theyd call at least a day before... no call yet. will have my pre- in hand all day tomorrow.
    anyone get a call yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by rayray333 View Post
    i was also first. they told me theyd call at least a day before... no call yet. will have my pre- in hand all day tomorrow.
    anyone get a call yet?
    Of course not, didn't they say "the day before"? That's Thursday...
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    sadly my local BB told me yesterday that they had zero preorders. I was there looking for a new laptop bag and there were two employees putting stock in the upper lock up bins, amongst the items going up were 24 TouchPads. I noticed them stacked on the floor next to the ladder so I started talking to the two guys. they said they had a couple people ask about the TP but no one put down an order.

looks like they'll have plenty of stock for Launch, at least.