Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes
    who cares, its got cards...hahahahaha. lets be done with it and roll out the pre 3.
    Original launch day Sprint Pre owner here. I decided to drop in on this thread to see how the rest of the faithful were reacting to the less than stellar touchpad reviews......and I am a little shocked by what I'm reading. There are several people in this forum rationalizing away what appears to be a flawed product. There are others who are actually review shopping......or looking for a review that satisfies them. This is sad people. It is obvious that HP is so far behind in the tablet space that they rushed this tablet out the door 6 weeks to soon. I believe the same thing happened to RIMM.

Basically, this the Pre launch all over again. And no way will I EVER go through that fiasco again. My loyalty to Palm has its limits.....which were exceeded with the announcement of the Sprint Galaxy S II....i.e. the Within. I'll hold on to my cracked, over-clocked, and outdated Pre until I can purchase the Galaxy S II. The you-tube videos of this phone are truly remarkable. Anyway, best of luck to the rest of you who decide to stick it out with HP and WebOS. Perhaps when the hardware and developer support improves I will come back. But until then, I look forward to using a modern-spec'ed phone with a all of the latest apps. Peace!
    Well, can't say I didn't expect this, but I can't say either I'm not disappointed.

The hardware was obviously subpar compared to other tablets, and some people here is saying "everything was fine with that size and weight until the iPad 2 came out", yes, you're right, but wait! the iPad 2 came out, why would I pick a device so clunky compared to the current competitors (at the same price...)?

The software is laggy, as many of us pointed out (but we were called "haters") every single time a video showed up.

I don't think there is any compelling reason to buy a TouchPad over an iPad 2, not for the consumer market at least. Nobody cares if the Touchpad has flash, nobody wants an inferior piece of (plastic) hardware, nobody wants a sluggish OS...

We can only hope for OTA updates and new hardware soon, better hardware, maybe the 7" tablet will be compelling (or at least cheaper).

P.D. In fact, I'm not sure if the Touchpad is a better product than the original iPad (this thing is still snappy, and has a big chunk of apps at its disposal, the build quality is obviously superior. Yes, the internals are not on par with the Touchpad, but the experience is what counts).
    Last edited by augustofretes; 06/29/2011 at 08:04 PM.
    TheBigFerret likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkthght06 View Post
    O My loyalty to Palm has its limits.....which were exceeded with the announcement of the Sprint Galaxy S II....i.e. the Within.
    Great. I hope you enjoy your google (adware) experience, see you back here in a few months.
    Carioca_FL likes this.
    here's the BGR review.. another great honest review.

HP TouchPad review

edit: i didn't mean "great" as in its a positive review. just that it was great to read.
    Last edited by bb147; 06/29/2011 at 08:15 PM.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post

HP TouchPad review
    Unfortunately the glass display does not have an oleophobic coating, so itís just as bad.
    Uh, seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Great. I hope you enjoy your google (adware) experience, see you back here in a few months.
    Uncalled for
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post

HP TouchPad review
    I have seen this statement a couple of times now.

As sad as this statement may be considering the downsides I’ve listed, I definitely prefer the TouchPad over almost every tablet I’ve tested to date.
    Another good one.

If you’re looking for a tablet that provides a finished, polished, comprehensive experience from start to finish, you might want to wait or look elsewhere. For the life of me, however, I can’t think of a single tablet that fits the bill. The market is in its infancy and so are the products that occupy it, and tablets must crawl before they can walk. The TouchPad is indeed crawling in its current state, but so is its competition
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    I have seen this statement a couple of times now.

Another good one.
    Thats all great, until you find out that the guy only reviewed two tablets to date, the other being G-slate.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Thats all great, until you find out that the guy only reviewed two tablets to date, the other being G-slate.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Sure. Because its almost impossible for a guy who works for a tech blog to get some hands-on time with other tablets.
    Sure. Because its almost impossible for a guy who works for a tech blog to get some hands-on time with other tablets.
    Maybe, i say what i see, if you see something different, thats fine. A simple link will convince me completely.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    I don't blame em. In a sea of middling reviews, you take your moral victories where you can find them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I'm sticking with my mid-June 2009 Sprint Pre, unlocked Pre 2 on pre-paid AT&3, and I will buy a 32GB TouchPad at brick and mortar retail on Friday. However, HP must deliver on the promises quickly. No more hyperbole/BS. It isn't Palm now, HP's credibility is at stake.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Maybe, i say what i see, if you see something different, thats fine. A simple link will convince me completely.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Then ignore the Engadget review then. That guy didn't do the iPad2 review so he obviously has not idea what he is talking about when he compares the two.
    guess I won't be throwing money at this. Amazing how people getting paid millions make the decisions they do. I hate apple but atleast they have common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    However, HP must deliver on the promises quickly. No more hyperbole/BS. It isn't Palm now, HP's credibility is at stake.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Its not wise to waiting for a promise, which was not even acknowledged publicly by hp.

You should surely go there and try it out. Maybe you will be happy with it and buy it. But if not, just wait, if hp is going to publish OTA update "real soon", it will just be a short wait anyway. If turn out to be another slow process, you can avoid a frustration.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Then ignore the Engadget review then. That guy didn't do the iPad2 review so he obviously has not idea what he is talking about when he compares the two.
    Lol, im not blind, when they say how thick it is, i can see it. When they say how heavy it is, i know they have a scale. When they say how many apps are there, i can count those. When they say its plastic, i see it too.

When your guy just make up a vague statement, saying "this is the best", whats the standard?

Do you really not see the difference? Or you just refuse to accept the fact that touchpad is not getting rave reviews? Thats hardly my fault, isnt it?

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    augustofretes likes this.
    I thought the Ars review was real good except for the complaining about the size of the keyboard (I reached out to them to see if they toggled sizes).

Here are my two cents: The biggest dissapointment is that the OS is not optimized and has lag. We all knew the hardware and the app situation. That would have been tolerable if the OS ran smoothly, but most reviewers commented on the calendar and keyboard lagging.

Unfortunately it seems as if every webOS device that was launched comes with some kind if disclaimer or hope for things to change. I really thought (hardware aside) that HP would change that with the TouchPad, and launch a device that out of the box works extremely well.

Since I'm a webOS fan and don't want to switch to iOS or Android I will keep my pre-order and hope that the 'future improvements' do actually materialize. The average consumer will most certainly not share my opinion and will buy a finished product, which at this point leaves the iPad as the only tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I thought the Ars review was real good except for the complaining about the size of the keyboard (I reached out to them to see if they toggled sizes).

Here are my two cents: The biggest dissapointment is that the OS is not optimized and has lag. We all knew the hardware and the app situation. That would have been tolerable if the OS ran smoothly, but most reviewers commented on the calendar and keyboard lagging.

Unfortunately it seems as if every webOS device that was launched comes with some kind if disclaimer or hope for things to change. I really thought (hardware aside) that HP would change that with the TouchPad, and launch a device that out of the box works extremely well.

Since I'm a webOS fan and don't want to switch to iOS or Android I will keep my pre-order and hope that the 'future improvements' do actually materialize. The average consumer will most certainly not share my opinion and will buy a finished product, which at this point leaves the iPad as the only tablet.
    We knew they weren't going to have many new apps, but the idiotic emulator to run the old apps is so bad there is no reason to listen to any reasoning to why they would even think of doing it.
    Like I said, there are just too many people in this world that make decisions that shouldn't.
    The TouchPad wasn't even in existence when HP bough Palm.
    Actually, it's been widely publicized that the TouchPad design dates back to Palm. In fact, P|C had an article that future webOS tablets would be designed by the Envy team at HP.

On the plus side, the next meeting of the webOS division will have a slide show full of these reviews. Almost everyone of these complaints will be dealt with in the TouchPad2 (and some of the software issue will probably be fixed soon).
    I'm curious to know how you can say this with any certainty.