08/02/2011, 09:15 PM
1) WebOS isn't a new platform.
Originally Posted by k4ever
2) The iPhone was not lack luster compared to its peers, it was far beyond them (maybe not if you count features, but the experience was way ahead).
3) When Android launched it was the first true competitor to iOS, and reviewers were harsh with the first versions and hardware revisions (~7 just like WebOS devices).
4) Most reviewers actually claimed WebOS had a lot of potential.
5) Windows Phone 7, despite being really high quality, got pretty harsh reviews (because of missing features), despite being the most fluid, smoothest interface in the market. Not to mention it ran in good hardware for the time (1 Ghz CPUs, 512 RAM, +5 MP & 720p, 800 x 480, from LCD to Super AMOLED, well priced, etc).