Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes
    I like it. I love the part about leaving it on standby doesn't drain the battery much at all. It's what I've always wanted!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ....that was strange. That comment was for another thing...anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    you sir are ... Nevrmind..

According to you .. GooG should back out.. Bc the Xoom didn't sell well.. Oh but wait the Galaxy 10.1 is coming.. But that doesn't matter..

These types of comments are childish & idiotic. Just like the days of mac.. "there no apps for mac, it sucks, don't get it, it has fail written all over it, they wont even be around in a couple of years, they should just go bankrupt now & put themselves out of misery"

More choice is better for consumers.. And its very likely webOS will succeed. What goes up MUST come down, when you're down the only other direction is up..... You just got to be in it for the long haul

GOOG didn't fail in their initial tablet offering, Motorola did. The XOOM is terrible, and it's priced higher than the market leader. Sales reflected that.

However, GOOG has an ecosystem, today. They had one when the XOOM was released.

HP is not Google. Google is a software company. They don't make hardware. HP is trying to do both, in a semi closed ecosystem, therefore, they are most comparable to Apple or RIM. One is doing well (the one with apps and polish) the other one is taking a bath.
    HP is closer(in connected devices) to RIM right now, and they needed a home run, and unfortunately, this is a strikeout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackbone View Post
    HP is not Google.
    Thank goodness!

Google is a software company. They don't make hardware.
    Nexus 1, Nexus S?

Google is a search engine and HP is a printer company.

Stereotypes are fun!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

sketch42 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Thank goodness!

Nexus 1, Nexus S?

Google is a search engine and HP is a printer company.

Stereotypes are fun!
    They made neither of those handsets. Samsung and HTC made them.

Try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    I guarantee the Endgadget reviewer was an apple ******, that was just harsh.
    We can stop attacking the messenger and face the problems as it is.

You can't fix problems you don't see. And what problem engadget listed aren't true?

Comparing to ipad2 or galacy tab is the right thing to do, because touchpad IS competing against them at that price point and catigory. Whats wrong with that?

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

You can't fix problems you don't see. And what problem engadget listed aren't true?

Comparing to ipad2 or galacy tab is the right thing to do, because touchpad IS competing against them at that price point and catigory. Whats wrong with that?

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    They want to eat their cake and have it too.
    [B]
    So, I can say with confidence that this experiment is going to fail. Let's just hope HP has the stomach and will to make webOS something worth noticing. As of right now, it's neat, it does some things wonderfully, but it's WELL short of what the market demands (polish and applications).
    Define "fail"
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    i have to agree with this, one thing is that they didnt really compare to galaxy...

one problem with all these reviews are, they are talking from the perspective as if the end user knows all about webos..

the reviews should point out the strengths and weaknesses and Sum up why the weaknesses out way the strengths or vice versa
    GOOG didn't fail in their initial tablet offering, Motorola did. The XOOM is terrible, and it's priced higher than the market leader. Sales reflected that.

However, GOOG has an ecosystem, today. They had one when the XOOM was released.

HP is not Google. Google is a software company. They don't make hardware. HP is trying to do both, in a semi closed ecosystem, therefore, they are most comparable to Apple or RIM. One is doing well (the one with apps and polish) the other one is taking a bath.
    HP is closer(in connected devices) to RIM right now, and they needed a home run, and unfortunately, this is a strikeout.
    They made neither of those handsets. Samsung and HTC made them.

Try again.
    youre all over the place... SINCE GooG doesnt make their own hardware.. if Moto Fails or if Sammy Fails GooG Fails

and GooG doesnt have an established TABLET ecosystem yet
    youre all over the place... SINCE GooG doesnt make their own hardware.. if Moto Fails or if Sammy Fails GooG Fails
    Agreed. Supplier problems are inherently the problem of the companies that use those suppliers. There are countless real-world examples.

- Ford Explorers flipping over on highways wasn't a Michelin problem. It was a Ford problem, despite the defective tires supplied by Michelin.

- All of Toyota's brake recalls were a Toyota problem, despite the faulty brakes provided by the supplier.

Suppliers are considered to be part of an organization's value chain...

and GooG doesnt have an established TABLET ecosystem yet
    Please try to pay attention.

Google has an established ecosystem in mobile. I see how there's no way to deny that.

These mobile OSes for tablets are extensions of the Phone OS, they all are. All things being equal, Google has a much better shot than HP to make something of their tablet ecosystem worth while.

They've already proven they can compete head to head with Apple in mobile and come out ahead.

HP has proven nothing. Tomorrow's launch of the Touchpad, with all of it's bugs and anemic app selection muddies the waters even further.

Furthermore, to take your statement to its conclusion, their have been numerous Android handsets that have failed in both build quality and sales. The difference here is, Google isn't the manufacturer, which means, if someone fails, the system doesn't fail. There are others to pick up the torch, ie HTC EVO, Droid, etc.

If HP fails, they are the only manufacturer at present. At present they have no licensing deals. If the Touchpad fails, there's no other tablet hardware to fall back on.

They need a win with their releases more than Google, simply because there's infinitely less of them. That coupled with their current situation in applications and issues with the core OS, only make that failure even harder to overcome.

HP needs something to really ignite interest in webOS and prove to customers, businesses and developers that webOS is a real player.

The Touchpad isn't going to accomplish that with lukewarm(at best) critic opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neruda6000 View Post
    Define "fail"
    Failure is defined here as "failure to ignite customer and developer interest."

None of us know what the internal benchmarking of HP is on this thing. We don't know what they constitute a "success" or what their expectations are.

For webOS to matter long term, they are going to need developer support. The only surefire way to bring in developers is to sell the damn thing(s).

Based on the reviews coming to light, I fail to see how anyone thinks that this is going to be even a remote success.
    There's so many things wrong with that post, and I have better things to do than to pick it apart. Have fun believing your delusions.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

In that case, HP has succeeded, because they have ignited my interest as both a developer and a customer.

Oh, wait, you meant more than one person? Oh so how many people do they need to get interest from before you can say they've 'succeeded'? 10? 100? 1,000?

Can we start making a checklist somewhere online where we can vote? That way, we'll know the exact day and time they will have failed or succeeded?

sketch42 likes this.
    In that case, HP has succeeded, because they have ignited my interest as both a developer and a customer.

Oh, wait, you meant more than one person? Oh so how many people do they need to get interest from before you can say they've 'succeeded'? 10? 100? 1,000?

Can we start making a checklist somewhere online where we can vote? That way, we'll know the exact day and time they will have failed or succeeded?
    You can play the Ostrich if you wish, however, this will all play out in the coming months.

Let's come back to this thread, and specifically my posts, and see how it all plays out.

I'll bet a dollar I'm spot on. HP's running out of time to make a splash. (Windows 8, iPad 3, iPhone 4s/5, Amazon, etc.)

There's quite a bit of white noise now, and it's only going to get louder.
    So if hp really is ordering 400,000 unit each month, that seems a good number to check sales against.

Lets check back every month see how it is doing.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk

None of us know what the internal benchmarking of HP is on this thing. We don't know what they constitute a "success" or what their expectations are.

For webOS to matter long term, they are going to need developer support. The only surefire way to bring in developers is to sell the damn thing(s).

Based on the reviews coming to light, I fail to see how anyone thinks that this is going to be even a remote success.
    Come on, dude. I was looking for tangibles here. Pontificating on intangibles is a game anybody can play.
    A troll is not a person who disagrees with your viewpoint. This is a concept that many of you are unable to grasp. These reviewers are not shills or trolling the community, they are espousing their honest opinion on the TouchPad. The fact that the majority of reviewers agree on the faults of the device speaks volumes; it's a consistent experience problem plaguing all reviewed TouchPads.

As for the cries that the TouchPad is a business tablet, there is no document editing supported on the device. Derek had to use the Memos app to write his review, and the app itself became slow and unstable at 1500 words. Although many claim that it's unfair to compare the TouchPad to the iPad 2, it's merely being compared to what is on the market now, particularly the market leaders. Why should the TouchPad be compared to devices released a year and a half ago? It may be the first generation tablet from HP but it's certainly not competing against the competitors' first generation line-ups.
    clevin likes this.
    Some of the rhetoric on here is starting to sound disturbingly similar to the RIM co-CEOs' much-lampooned "it's not fair" quotes.