Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes
    Why does Crunchgear say it's not Gorilla Glass when several HP presentations and demos said it was?
    HP TouchPad tablet
    From Guardian.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    This is so funny. As we get more reviews, they are all over the map. Many have contradictions between each other.

More evidence that reviews mean bunk.
    Im getting it, but maybe were just beta testers until they get it all working good, then they'll launch the marketing campaign...kinda how the Pre was basically beta. lol. jk jk. I think its great from my hands on at walmart. I think reviewers are too critical.

Have you ever heard about a movie from friends and they hyped it up so much, that by the time you see the movie your expectations were SO high you just thought the movie was ok. Maybe thats whats happening, people were going into this expecting the best movie they'd ever seen, and were just left feeling average so they're bashing it.

I personally love webOS and whenever I use Android I always find myself feeling trapped in the apps wanting to switch to another.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Im getting it, but maybe were just beta testers until they get it all working good, then they'll launch the marketing campaign...kinda how the Pre was basically beta. lol. jk jk. I think its great from my hands on at walmart. I think reviewers are too critical.

Have you ever heard about a movie from friends and they hyped it up so much, that by the time you see the movie your expectations were SO high you just thought the movie was ok. Maybe thats whats happening, people were going into this expecting the best movie they'd ever seen, and were just left feeling average so they're bashing it.

I personally love webOS and whenever I use Android I always find myself feeling trapped in the apps wanting to switch to another.
    The movies that everyone always raves about usually aren't the ones I would consider the best I've ever seen. Those are generally odd movies, because I'm an odd person. ; ) My point is I don't set my bar very high, that way I never get let down, and allows me to be pleasantly surprised when I find something that I truly like (ala palm pre). Also it lets me enjoy the things I have, and it lets me enjoy the things that I want to enjoy.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

This right here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    anyone that is really considering the TouchPad should go to a store and try it out, instead of depending on someone else to tell them about it after they've filtered it through their personal bias'.

The reviews are simply fodder for the trolls. They do seem to be doing a very good job of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Don't you remember? Apple and Gizmodo haven't been on good terms since the iPhone 4 incident.
    I follow them on Twitter, not daily on the articles they post on the site. But I have a hard time believing that. They post every little thing about Apple, and livetweet every announcement they have, even when Steve Jerbs has to go to the john.

I did just come across the article before I saw this topic, and it's a bit heart-wrenching to hear all of that. I'll still get mine tomorrow, but as someone mentioned before, a lot of their complaints were about slow loading cards which can be fixed by an update. The lack of apps will hopefully soon change, and I don't really care about Netflix. So I think I'm in the clear.
    Why does Crunchgear say it's not Gorilla Glass when several HP presentations and demos said it was?
    Hi all,

Crunchgear made a mistake...I'M SHOCKED!!! BTW, It is gorilla glass...

take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    This is so funny. As we get more reviews, they are all over the map. Many have contradictions between each other.

Bottom line, every serious tech blog and tech journalist has called the performance a dog.

Regardless if that's truth or not, that's the impression now of this product, and I'm afraid you'll see the sales mirror that as well.

If the reviewers are calling the performance crap, let's see how the general consumer feels about it.

499 for a Touchpad or 499 an iPad. Easy choice.

HP whiffed with this. This has nothing to do with webOS(which is genius) it has to do with the execution, and in that, they failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Does WebOS 1.0 represent what we think of the Palm Pre and Pre Plus for? No we remember it for 1.4.5.

Is Android Cupcake what we think of when we look at a new Android phone today? No, we think of Froyo and Gingerbread.

Do we think of the old-school click wheel when we think of iOS? No, we think of today's iOS5 software.

Time will heal, Enyo is just fine. It takes time to make good working software, no matter how many programmers you have, no matter how huge a company you have. There will always be initial bugs. Don't expect anyone to make a new OS bug free the first time, it just won't happen. It's the nature of programming. HP made this in one year.

You can't just throw money at the problem or hire new devs, that won't fix anything. What WILL fix things, though, is getting the tablet into people's hands so HP can gather data and input, and release updates more quickly.

Go ahead and flame, blah blah coming months this, no updates that, that's all child's play and I'm sure HP isn't concerned (or worried) about that. Any dev would agree.
    Thank you. Some common sense here.

Reviews are crap. It's people expressing their opinions which are going to be different than yours.

Try the product first before you decide. From anything I saw, this thing was flying 99.5% of the time (besides quick office)
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Precentral had the best review. And the one that turned me away from buying it.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Precentral had the best review. And the one that turned me away from buying it.
    Hi,

I think that deserves an explanation...

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    You are joking right, please tell me you are joking........
    I think all softwares and hardwares will soon reach a point where everything is same. and if most apps are available on most OSes, then it wouldnt matter what you buy, android, iOS, webOS. All do the same features just a tad differently. I think Few areas would be GPU accelerated in webOS 4.0, most in 5.0 and hopefully 3.0 is the worst we have to put up with.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    This is probably the most favorable review I found so far and I think they hit right on the head on all points. I personally, plan on getting mine tomorrow despite any review, since I am big WebOs fan and plan on sticking thru this new phase of it with HP. Its only round 1 for them and it can only get better.

HP TouchPad leapfrogs rivals in productivity HP TouchPad leapfrogs rivals in productivity | TechRepublic

or

HP TouchPad leapfrogs rivals in productivity | TechRepublic

Here is just the last of the article.
    ".... Bottom line for business

For business professionals intent on productivity, there’s a lot to like about the HP TouchPad. The email and multitasking capabilities alone are enough to give it an edge over the iPad. And, we haven’t even talked about the TouchPad’s ability to print (especially to HP printers) — another important asset for some professionals. The expanded Web browsing capabilities are huge, too. It allows the TouchPad to access a lot of sites (Flash and others) that aren’t accessible from the iPad. This can open the door to Web-based business apps and other important

I expect a lot of the consumer-oriented reviews to hit the HP TouchPad pretty hard because of its bulkiness, lack of games and entertainment content, and fewness of third-party apps (although it’s ahead of Android Honeycomb and BlackBerry PlayBook when they launched). Those are all valid concerns and because of them I certainly wouldn’t recommend the TouchPad for the average consumer.

However, for people who couldn’t care less about the latest games and movies and just want to get work done in meetings and on airplanes, the HP TouchPad will be a breath of fresh air. I consider it the most productive tablet yet and the first one that can serve as a legitimate laptop replacement for professionals on the road.

I think a lot of business professionals will find the TouchPad to be exactly what they were hoping for in a tablet because it will allow them to work the way they are used to working, but do it in the convenient form factor of a multi-touch tablet. I would fully recommend the TouchPad to professionals if it weren’t for the performance issues and the fact that HP needs to add editing capability for Microsoft Word and Excel files (something HP says is coming “this summer”). With those two things in mind, I would recommend holding out until HP addresses those issues and adds more productivity apps to the catalog. I expect HP to keep pushing forward. Jeffery Ben, a Senior Product Manager on the TouchPad team, told me, “HP is committed to being on this journey for a long time.”

For professionals, the TouchPad is a solid first step."
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I think all softwares and hardwares will soon reach a point where everything is same. and if most apps are available on most OSes, then it wouldnt matter what you buy, android, iOS, webOS. All do the same features just a tad differently. I think Few areas would be GPU accelerated in webOS 4.0, most in 5.0 and hopefully 3.0 is the worst we have to put up with.
    no offense but I for one am glad that you have no hand in the update process of webos
    It's always good to read that someone else, (besides us Palm - errr - HP *******) sees areas where TouchPad outshines iPad.

Five Features Apple Should Steal From HP's TouchPad, WebOS | Fast Company
    Any reason why quickoffice is coming without editing.
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Any reason why quickoffice is coming without editing.
    They just didn't think anyone would use it.