1.    #1  
    Ok so I stiopped by Best Buy and got my hands on a demo unit...no wifi of course.....but heres what I felt

The Good

1) WebOs: Its responsive and fluid....thank god...cards moved quick and there was virtually no lag or stuttering. The whole OS was exactly how you would want it.

2) Build Quality: The Plastic back sucks...but overall it was great. The right weight, the right feel. The buttons were quality and gave the right feedback.

The Bad

1) Buggy Apps: There was def some funky stuff going on here and there...I cant describe it all but apps definatly lagged. The email app is very slow, the keyboard often looses responsiveness here and there and sometimes apps just didnt feel right.

2) CRASH??? I worried about this because I saw it happen on the walmart youtube demo...my demo unit crashed and rebooted like 3 minutes into it. No reason at all. If this happend to someone else and then me I worry that its a real issue. After i rebooted though I used it for like ten minutes with no issue.

Overall....it def feels a bit rushed....but by all means its solid. As a webos fan I am pleased and Im sure you guys will be too. I just worry that reviewers are not so forgiving and they will not give it a chance. Hopefully im wrong

I know its a review unit and theres modifications to the OS and demo apps running and the lack of wifi prob plays a huge factor. Lets hope those are all reasons behind the above issues.
    If I finally find a demo unit around here i'm gonna freetether it to my phone. WebOS doesn't like being detached from the web. I've heard that the lag you experienced happens when the apps try to connect but can't
  3.    #3  
    FenrirWolf...I would totally agree with that. Most of the weirndess happened when i first started using it and when i first launched apps. Its weird because it seems to choke for 10 seconds and then work great for a munite and then repeat. I guess its when the wifi is trying to catch.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    also because the demo is doing things in the background and seems to take up lots of processees
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I'm now posting from a touchpad and the apps are pretty smooth here. Having wifi on really does seem to help.
    I just came back from BB. I agree that the plastic back sucks. it doesn't offer the solid feeling as iPad2. also, I don't feel it's very fast, open the web browser took quite a few seconds. and the display also not as good as iPad2.

I don't think HP can sell a lot especially at this price. Just like my wife said: "For the same money, why should I get this not an iPad2"?
    I was lucky enought to try out a touchpad at Best Buy today that didn't have the demo software. It was a much better experience than the one's on the display I had tried at other locatoins. I did have to ask to see it, and luckily someone there had one they were using for updates. It wasn't buggy at all so I'm leaning toward WebOS again, but that iPad2 is slick. Ahhhh....

A lower price or a bundeled touchpad and/or case for the same price would sway my decision. I'd love to watch the touchpad change and grow with those OTA updates, but at the same price as the iPad2 I don't know if I want to deal with the headachs of a new device. The good news is that Best Buy isn't charging a restocking fee anymore--when did I miss that change. I'm tempted to pick up one of each and see how the experience goes, but I'm still waiting for the first OTA update form HP so I can compare the best of both.
    Waiting for webOS...
    The 3 demo units I played with all had demo app running. I had to get out of it to go to the normal UI... how many casual Ipad shoppers will do that so they can see TP in its native form and play with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by veerNewbie View Post
    I just came back from BB. I agree that the plastic back sucks. it doesn't offer the solid feeling as iPad2. also, I don't feel it's very fast, open the web browser took quite a few seconds. and the display also not as good as iPad2.

I don't think HP can sell a lot especially at this price. Just like my wife said: "For the same money, why should I get this not an iPad2"?
    So you like Apple....
    Get an iPad 2 then, because I've used the TouchPads that aren't on a demo loop and they work flawlessly.
    the demo ones are slow due to the demo software

messed with one today that was not a demo unit.....everything was smooth and flawless
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    i know you've taken it upon yourself to be the defender of the palm lately... but how about lightening up eh ? he gave his opinion... no bashing... no ifanisms... he's a webos guy for peats sake and responding to Sporks post. he owns a veer eh? dont scare off the webos owners

Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    So you like Apple....
    Get an iPad 2 then, because I've used the TouchPads that aren't on a demo loop and they work flawlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    i know you've taken it upon yourself to be the defender of the palm lately... but how about lightening up eh ? he gave his opinion... no bashing... no ifanisms... he's a webos guy for peats sake and responding to Sporks post. he owns a veer eh? dont scare off the webos owners
    I feel ya....I know I can be a little fanatic at times. Sorry.