Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    ouch. Starts out awful, then a little good (twinged with alot of well.....), then pounds in the bad.
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Wow pretty negative. Took too long to get to the positives, was bashed first for slowness, not a lot of apps, heavy design, no netflix in particular, mojo apps running in a tiny screen.
    Pogue was a webOS fan, if he is saying this, then probably 80% of reviewers will say the same.

End of article below:

"In this 1.0 incarnation, the TouchPad doesn’t come close to being as complete or mature as the iPad or the best Android tablets; you’d be shortchanging yourself by buying one right now, unless you’re some kind of rabid A.B.A. nut (Anything but Apple).

But there are signs of greatness here. H.P. is coming to this battle very late, but it says it intends to stay the course. True, it’s tilting at windmills — but at least it’s riding an impressive steed."
    I'm guessing most of the reviews are going to hammer on the same points.

Love the Don Quixote reference though.
    I like how he notes that it doesn't have GPS, you know like my WiFi iPad. Oh wait . . .
    I cant tell if its a positive review or negative review.. He's all over the place
    mu7efcer likes this.
    The New York Times?! Drivel! I'm waiting for a review in a relevant newspaper: the National Enquirer!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    jobsqeu and rburtz like this.
    link doesn't work for me
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I cant tell if its a positive review or negative review.. He's all over the place
    My take on Pogue's review was "it does some things well but it has enough drawbacks to where I can't recommend it to anyone."
    Barring some typos (he means the iPad2 when he says iPad in thickness comparison) and minor errors, I'd say this is a pretty fair review. Odd how glowing the headline is in comparison to the body of the review, though.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Page 2: "Best of all, it charges the iPad magnetically, without your having to connect anything. Meet George Jetson. "

Yeah, that's lame. How about proof-reading your review, Mr. Pogue?
    Its negative.
    The first paragraphs poetically suggest HP is living in the past, a year ago.
    Then all the negatives. Hardware too thick, software too slow, not a good app selection, no movie/music offering.

For the positive case he is quoting from HP, not his own thoughts.
    The best you can say is that it has potential but has not lived up to it yet.
    The final conclusion--he recommends to consumers not to buy it now.

So can HP catch up by the fall --this is the question.
    there you have it.

all problems have been discussed in this forum for months, with no proper attention given by HP. There are loyalist or even apologists that will buy this thing, but HP needs sales to "common people"!
    If only tablet reviews were normalized into Metacritic.
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    Page 2: "Best of all, it charges the iPad magnetically, without your having to connect anything. Meet George Jetson. "

Yeah, that's lame. How about proof-reading your review, Mr. Pogue?

wow.. i just saw that.. i think he was trying so hard to bash the product while being sarcastic.

it doesnt seem like a review at all.. he didnt go through functionality .. he just spewed w/e came to his head
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hopefully some of the other reviewers will have a more positive experience. I hope they publish soon because the longer this one hangs out there without any counterweight the more damage it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    there you have it.

all problems have been discussed in this forum for months, with no proper attention given by HP. There are loyalist or even apologists that will buy this thing, but HP needs sales to "common people"!
    you are a very cynical person..

why do expect to be let down..

im not taking just one "review" i need 3-5 recview.. its consistency..

when they all say the same than you can be cynical =p
    wow.. i just saw that.. i think he was trying so hard to bash the product while being sarcastic.

it doesnt seem like a review at all.. he didnt go through functionality .. he just spewed w/e came to his head
    saw that as well and thought ***?

i don't know him but its quite clear he's an iPad user and didn't really give an un-biased look at the touchpad.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    JKM likes this.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    This.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    you are a very cynical person..

why do expect to be let down..

im not taking just one "review" i need 3-5 recview.. its consistency..

when they all say the same than you can be cynical =p
    sure, lets wait for more reviews. But you really can be convinced by 5 reviews?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast