Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 67
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    It says select categories, but doesn't say which categories. Or any I looking at the wrong thing?
    There's actually two discounts, you're looking at one of the two.

    1) Best Buy
    2) Best Buy

    1) doesn't have any inclusions...soo.... should work?

    10% OFF ANY SINGLE REGULAR-PRICED ITEM FROM THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES WHEN YOU USE YOUR REWARD ZONE ® PROGRAM MEMBERSHIP

    Markdowns taken from regular or sale prices. Not valid with any other coupons or offers. Excludes Sony® TVs, Dynex TVs; Magnolia Home Theater® NuVision TVs; special order merchandise; Outlet Center items; special order, clearance, demo and open-box items; gift cards; taxes. Selection varies by store. Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Valid on in store and in stock items only. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A.; excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Coupon valid 6/29/11–7/4/11. AJ2

    Cashier Instructions: Enter coupon UPC. Scan all product(s) being sold. Press "Total."

    BEST BUY, the BEST BUY logo, the tag design, BESTBUY.COM and MAGNOLIA HOME THEATER are trademarks of BBY Solutions, Inc. All other trademarks or trade names are properties of their respective owners. BBY1110676-1 © 2011 BBY Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Sprint Love
  2. #22  
    So it'll work on the accessories but not the TouchPad. Of course the accessories won't be available until after this offer expires so it's moot.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    There's actually two discounts, you're looking at one of the two.

    1) Best Buy
    2) Best Buy

    1) doesn't have any inclusions...soo.... should work?
    Is that generic or just for you? I don't want to jack your discount code.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Is that generic or just for you? I don't want to jack your discount code.
    Haha, I appreciate your honestly, but they are generic.
    Sprint Love
  5. #25  
    Best Buy

    this one is for home theater, its not generic
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  6. #26  
    best buy coupons are typically a joke unless you need a laptop bag. even though it doesn't say anything about it being valid or invalid with the Touchpad, chances are they will tell you it doesn't work. definitely worth fighting though.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerkyChew View Post
    Edit: FliedLice (ha!), how'd you make it to $115?
    Actually, it would be $5.50 ... 1% cash back on my Discover. Plus whatever amount of BB points I get, and if I really want to get technical... I think I have $50 in cash back to use to pay it off from my Discover. So I could be over $160 if this all works out


    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    try to find laptop, computer or tablet in that list. if it doesnt exist in that list, the coupon does NOT apply
    I realize it doesn't say anything about it. But that's my argument. It says nowhere in there that you can't. It does specifically list some tablet items, but it doesn't say it excludes tablets themselves. I know it's a long shot, because rarely will a B&M store honor things like this, but I'll try. It's too bad too, when I worked at Office Max, my manager would take ANYTHING. Whatever he could to keep the customer keep coming back.

    This will be the one and only item I purchase from Best Buy for the next couple years - If they accept it, I may consider buying a PS3 game or two from there in the future. Otherwise, I can easily just walk across the street for the same exact price and support a different business.
    Last edited by FliedLice; 06/29/2011 at 10:38 PM.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    It says select categories, but doesn't say which categories. Or any I looking at the wrong thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    look at the "inclusions" (included) list I quoted in post 16
    When I did the SAVE to 332211, I got links to 4 different coupons. Two of them said "select categories" but of those two, only one (the second one) listed the categories. I'm going to give the first one a shot, and see what happens.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    best buy coupons are typically a joke unless you need a laptop bag.
    or, you know, a $4000 TV. yup, $400 is a joke.

    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    I realize it doesn't say anything about it. But that's my argument. It says nowhere in there that you can't. It does specifically list some tablet items, but it doesn't say it excludes tablets themselves. I know it's a long shot, because rarely will a B&M store honor things like this, but I'll try. It's too bad too, when I worked at Office Max, my manager would take ANYTHING. Whatever he could to keep the customer keep coming back.

    This will be the one and only item I purchase from Best Buy for the next couple years - If they accept it, I may consider buying a PS3 game or two from there in the future. Otherwise, I can easily just walk across the street for the same exact price and support a different business.
    inclusions means "included" items. If it isnt on the inclusions list, it isnt included. The exclusions are things that would go UNDER the included list but that arent specifically included....usually do to price protection from the manufacturer.

    10% off a touchpad probably puts it UNDER cost....so how would that be smart business?

    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    When I did the SAVE to 332211, I got links to 4 different coupons. Two of them said "select categories" but of those two, only one (the second one) listed the categories. I'm going to give the first one a shot, and see what happens.
    the first one that doesnt list the category (for some reason, just an error), look at the "excluded" list....sony tv's, nuvision tv's, etc....the category is home theater.
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    or, you know, a $4000 TV. yup, $400 is a joke.



    inclusions means "included" items. If it isnt on the inclusions list, it isnt included. The exclusions are things that would go UNDER the included list but that arent specifically included....usually do to price protection from the manufacturer.

    10% off a touchpad probably puts it UNDER cost....so how would that be smart business?



    the first one that doesnt list the category (for some reason, just an error), look at the "excluded" list....sony tv's, nuvision tv's, etc....the category is home theater.
    I know you're trying to be helpful and such but do you work at Best Buy and 100% know this won't work? It left out the inclusions for the first one, meaning it's an open book and they can't refute any argument to use it. Unless you tell me otherwise.

    Looking at the exclusion list doesn't mean crap to me, it also says outlet items, special order, etc... which doesn't mean just home theater.


    IMO, this one (if you're good at debating) will work for the TouchPad. Luckily, I'm pretty good at arguing my point when it comes to things like this. So I'm definitely going to have a 32GB from Best Buy for less than the 16GB Price.
    Sprint Love
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I know you're trying to be helpful and such but do you work at Best Buy and 100% know this won't work? It left out the inclusions for the first one, meaning it's an open book and they can't refute any argument to use it. Unless you tell me otherwise.

    Looking at the exclusion list doesn't mean crap to me, it also says outlet items, special order, etc... which doesn't mean just home theater.


    IMO, this one (if you're good at debating) will work for the TouchPad. Luckily, I'm pretty good at arguing my point when it comes to things like this. So I'm definitely going to have a 32GB from Best Buy for less than the 16GB Price.
    it just didnt list the "category" for some reason. like I said, you can easily look at the excluded list and tell its home theater. I mean, let's assume it was cd's and video games....would that category need listed "excluded: sony tv's"? no.

    the other coupon lists excluded apple products because it lists categories that apple products would fall into. Are apple products listed next to sony and nuvision tv's as excluded? no, because the category is home theater.

    home theater does have outlet and special order items.

    and, I dunno how youre getting the 32gb for less than 16gb EVEN IF some manager fell for your argument. $599 * .90 = $539.10 > $499.
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    it just didnt list the "category" for some reason. like I said, you can easily look at the excluded list and tell its home theater. I mean, let's assume it was cd's and video games....would that category need listed "excluded: sony tv's"? no.

    the other coupon lists excluded apple products because it lists categories that apple products would fall into. Are apple products listed next to sony and nuvision tv's as excluded? no, because the category is home theater.

    home theater does have outlet and special order items.

    and, I dunno how youre getting the 32gb for less than 16gb EVEN IF some manager fell for your argument. $599 * .90 = $539.10 > $499.
    Well, this is all your opinion and I understand where you're going with this one. But this is their mistake on not having an included list so I'm going to take my chances and make my argument. I think I'll come out on top for this one. We'll see tomorrow. If it works it works, if not, no big deal.

    $599 * .90 = $539.10 - $50 = $489.10 < $499.99

    You didn't forget about the little present HP gave us, did you?
    Sprint Love
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Well, this is all your opinion and I understand where you're going with this one. But this is their mistake on not having an included list so I'm going to take my chances and make my argument. I think I'll come out on top for this one. We'll see tomorrow. If it works it works, if not, no big deal.

    $599 * .90 = $539.10 - $50 = $489.10 < $499.99

    You didn't forget about the little present HP gave us, did you?
    I can tell you why you wont come out on top

    all they do is put that 7 digit code in the register and hit total, if it doesnt give you a discount then the coupon didnt apply to that product.

    you wont find a coupon code that will mark down a laptop, desktop or tablet.

    but good luck anyhow

    and I wasnt considering the rebate when you were figuring your cost
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  14. #34  
    No reason not to take the chance . Won't hurt anyone really, except maybe Best Buy. Either they'll get my money and I'll walk away with a cheaper TouchPad. Or they won't get my money and I'll find it at a lower cost elsewhere, somehow.
    Sprint Love
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    No reason not to take the chance . Won't hurt anyone really, except maybe Best Buy. Either they'll get my money and I'll walk away with a cheaper TouchPad. Or they won't get my money and I'll find it at a lower cost elsewhere, somehow.
    oh definitely id still try the coupon code

    but the whole argue with the manager over it all will end up just making you look silly or belligerent. dont want any of my fellow webos fans looking like fools
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Well, this is all your opinion and I understand where you're going with this one. But this is their mistake on not having an included list so I'm going to take my chances and make my argument. I think I'll come out on top for this one. We'll see tomorrow. If it works it works, if not, no big deal.

    $599 * .90 = $539.10 - $50 = $489.10 < $499.99

    You didn't forget about the little present HP gave us, did you?
    But, If you are to assume the 10% off will work on the 32GB version it will also apply to the 16GB version, so...

    ($599.99 * .90 - $50) = $489.99 > ($499.99 * .90) = $449.99
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    But, If you are to assume the 10% off will work on the 32GB version it will also apply to the 16GB version, so...

    ($599.99 * .90 - $50) = $489.99 > ($499.99 * .90) = $449.99
    Well of course, but if I were going to buy the 16GB one at the original price, why not just upgrade for "free"?
    Sprint Love
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    10% off a touchpad probably puts it UNDER cost....so how would that be smart business?
    I'm confused by this... Why would BB purchase the TouchPad at cost (you're saying it's $599), and sell it at cost ($599)? They wouldn't turn a profit...


    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    oh definitely id still try the coupon code

    but the whole argue with the manager over it all will end up just making you look silly or belligerent. dont want any of my fellow webos fans looking like fools
    Trust me, I won't make us look like fools . I'll politely ask for the manager and clarification, then an explanation of why the product isn't on the exclusion list. I'm just not understanding why they can't add "desktops, laptops, and tablets" into that list. They seem to mention every other product in the store, I don't know what they left out.
  19. #39  
    Interesting comments and I text that BB Mobile deal number above and received this that should work on the TouchPad:

    10% OFF ANY SINGLE REGULAR-PRICED ITEM FROM THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES WHEN YOU USE YOUR REWARD ZONE ® PROGRAM MEMBERSHIP

    Markdowns taken from regular or sale prices. Not valid with any other coupons or offers. Excludes Sony® TVs, Dynex TVs; Magnolia Home Theater® NuVision TVs; special order merchandise; Outlet Center items; special order, clearance, demo and open-box items; gift cards; taxes. Selection varies by store. Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Valid on in store and in stock items only. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A.; excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Coupon valid 6/29/11–7/4/11. AJ2

    Cashier Instructions: Enter coupon UPC. Scan all product(s) being sold. Press "Total."

    BEST BUY, the BEST BUY logo, the tag design, BESTBUY.COM and MAGNOLIA HOME THEATER are trademarks of BBY Solutions, Inc. All other trademarks or trade names are properties of their respective owners. BBY1110676-1 © 2011 BBY Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

    No where does it mention HP Tablets, computer, accessories, or otherwise. The mailer has more conditions, but this does not. Worth a shot! Sorli...
  20. #40  
    And referencing multiple 'ahems' preceding this last one...

    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    *ahem*

    post 16

    Emily Litella: Okay...how about page 123, Rock of Ages...I always liked that one!

    Chevy Chase: Excuse me Miss Litella...that's 'ahem', not 'a hymn'...

    Miss Litella: Oh...that's very different....never mind. Although, I would try a little bit of lemon juice mixed with honey, and let it drip slowly down the back of your throat to get rid of that tickling cough you have there. Good bye!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions