1.    #1  
    I went into a nearby Office Depot last night to get my first-ever look at the Touchpad and to see if I could pair it with my Sprint Pre. In the Tablets section, there were 2 spots for the Touchpads but there was nothing on the acrylic stands...just the price/spec info. I asked an employee if they had a demo model and they said that they were not allowed to put it out until July 1st. They'd "get into a lot of trouble" if they put it on display early.

Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    I went into a nearby Office Depot last night to get my first-ever look at the Touchpad and to see if I could pair it with my Sprint Pre. In the Tablets section, there were 2 spots for the Touchpads but there was nothing on the acrylic stands...just the price/spec info. I asked an employee if they had a demo model and they said that they were not allowed to put it out until July 1st. They'd "get into a lot of trouble" if they put it on display early.

Hey at least you have a local retailer that has a display. We have a Staples, Walmart and Best Buy here (20 miles south of San Jose). As of yesterday, none even had a display.
    Dan Donovan
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Yeah? I went to my local Best Buy on Monday and they had absolutely nothing-- not even a place holder for the TouchPad. "Oh yeah, we'll be getting those on July 3.". Uh huh.
    My local BB had the display but no idea on when the product would be in. I went to 2 WalMarts and got blank looks when asked about the Touchpad; they even tried to look it up on their computers and walmart.com and ... nothing, nada, zilch.

It feels like the fiasco of Palm with the Pre/Pixi introduction, hope the results are better.
    I talked the Office Depot to open up and charge a demo so I could play with it. Walmart, BestBuy and Sams said they did not know anything about the TouchPad.

The Demo unit is good to see the hardware but without wifi the demo program was almost worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    Hey at least you have a local retailer that has a display. We have a Staples, Walmart and Best Buy here (20 miles south of San Jose). As of yesterday, none even had a display.
    I am from Gilroy also, and I called BB today and they said it looks like itll be available mid july.

Walmart had no clue what so ever about the touchpad.

The only store i found a display device was the Frys off BROKAW RD in San Jose, and they said should be available to buy on JULY 1st. Looks like i will be going there!
    Nothing in a N. Scottsdale, AZ best Buy besides the display with the Cardboard pre-display stand, and a bunch of HP PC/Printer Bundles with it. The Best Buy rep said they have none, did not know when they'd get some, was unaware of the Friday release date, and said that an HP Rep that works with them (but was off at the moment) was just as clueless as to the status of display or shipment data. Sad, but he was excited enough to learn about the July 1st release, so the HP rep must be doing a decent job of keeping them motivated if not informed.
    Last edited by theclares; 06/29/2011 at 06:46 PM.