Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I think I saw one post in another thread saying their device would land a day early because they ordered overnight shipping.

I'm curious to see who has stock and if / when these are shipping in relation to the July 1 launch date. (Local Best Buy said they wouldn't have stock until July 3.)

So, post when yours ships, and let us know who you ordered from.
    I don't think getting overnight delivery is a way to get it early. All HP has to do is add a "Do not deliver before July 1" and it'll sit at the local FedEx until July 1.
    HP SB said again just now, that nothing was shipping for their orders until Friday with NO overnight/Saturday delivery available at all. Even if you wanted to pay. They are for businesses who are not normally open Saturdays, so they have not provision to do it. Sounds like BS to me.

I would like to know if ANYONE has talked to any seemingly reliable source that even a brick and mortar would have stock on Friday. Seems strange that they can ship to them but not us enthusiastic direct purchasers. And those stores can promise but not deliver unless HP delivers.

I got an email from Wal-Mart about availability that led me to their site but the purchase button was not there [or disappeared later] and now if you search for Touchpad, it does not find it. There are 43 touchpads but no HP or Touchpad. Also strange, as it was there a day or so ago.
    PalmV - Kyo 6035 - 7135 - 650 - 700wx - pre+clocked - pre+2.1 mod - and no Pre3 time to get a Pre2?

June 19 - 8:45am - early order Touchpad. Love it! Used fire sale refund to get another. Rest paid for all accessories. Trying to teach the wife to love it.

support WebOs internals!
    Their SB division may have that provision. Even if you paid for overnight delivery, there is a second charge for Saturday delivery. FedEx doesn't deliver on Sundays and will not deliver on Monday. Seems to me HP is just doing the prudent thing with their SB customers and saying "You won't get it until Tuesday anyway. Just pay for standard shipping."
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    I don't think getting overnight delivery is a way to get it early. All HP has to do is add a "Do not deliver before July 1" and it'll sit at the local FedEx until July 1.
    Yeah-- I was just thinking I'd seen someone's had shipped, I could be wrong. I'm not really trying to get one before July 1. I just wondered if they weren't shipping until July 1 or if possibly some online retailers might ship (have stock to ship, even) prior to July 1 (say, June 30.)

I'll be interested to see if Amazon has it in stock on Friday. If they do, it's possible I could overnight it and have it by Saturday.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I ordered mine on HP France on friday june 17th.
    I was informed today that HP is facing problems to deliver the touchstones, thus my Touchpad will not ship before july 12th.
    Others had more luck: http://dlvr.it/YK7bM
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Their SB division may have that provision. Even if you paid for overnight delivery, there is a second charge for Saturday delivery. FedEx doesn't deliver on Sundays and will not deliver on Monday. Seems to me HP is just doing the prudent thing with their SB customers and saying "You won't get it until Tuesday anyway. Just pay for standard shipping."
    FedEx Express shipments deliver mondays.

FedEx Ground tues-sat.

If i recall correctly.
    I believe bobsentell's mention of no deliveries on Monday is due to the July 4th holiday.
    Quote Originally Posted by balogh.ashley View Post
    FedEx Express shipments deliver mondays.

FedEx Ground tues-sat.

If i recall correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I believe bobsentell's mention of no deliveries on Monday is due to the July 4th holiday.
    That is what I'm referring to. This monday is a federal holiday. FedEx will not be doing deliveries.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I'll be interested to see if Amazon has it in stock on Friday. If they do, it's possible I could overnight it and have it by Saturday.[/QUOTE]

I am getting Amazon overnight delivery and still am being quoted 7/5. I'm praying this changes overnight to 7/1 or 7/2.
    Quote Originally Posted by slusmiles View Post
    I am getting Amazon overnight delivery and still am being quoted 7/5. I'm praying this changes overnight to 7/1 or 7/2.
    I have 2 day shipping from Amazon with Est Del 7/6, so I would guess they won't get them to you prior to the 5th.
    I see pandas.
    I am still secretly hoping Amazon will start shipping them out tomorrow (6/30). I believe they ship early with movies and games so you will receive them on release day.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jondough View Post
    I would like to know if ANYONE has talked to any seemingly reliable source that even a brick and mortar would have stock on Friday. Seems strange that they can ship to them but not us enthusiastic direct purchasers. And those stores can promise but not deliver unless HP delivers.

I got an email from Wal-Mart about availability that led me to their site but the purchase button was not there [or disappeared later] and now if you search for Touchpad, it does not find it. There are 43 touchpads but no HP or Touchpad. Also strange, as it was there a day or so ago.

HP made shipments to Walmart and they're heading to stores now. I'm not sure if all will be in the stores for Friday morning though. It seems HP either timed the shipments so there was little (accidental) chance of them being placed on the shelves early, or they were late arriving from overseas to ship within the US. Don't be surprised if it takes until Saturday or Sunday for some to be stocked.
    some people in Germany have got their pre ordered Touchpad already
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I ordered mine on HP France on friday june 17th.
    I was informed today that HP is facing problems to deliver the touchstones, thus my Touchpad will not ship before july 12th.
    Others had more luck: YouTube - ‪HP TouchPad 32GB Unboxing‬‏
    if you look at the unboxing video, you can see that the TP comes with Facebook, Youtube, Kindle, Quickoffice and Adobe Reader apps preinstalled.
    Hi all,
    I can confirm that Germany got the Touchpad delivered today. I got mine this morning. Planned delivery date was next week (after the official launch in US) but HP send it out yesterday.........

And belief me it it reall really really really coooooool
    pow12390 likes this.
    Another update from HP direct [as little as they will tell].
    I called to drop the accessories, no sense in paying more for a slow boat shipment.
    I have not been able to log into my order for over a day where there are lines for shipping etc. That 'may' be good news.

You have to call.

1. No acknowledgement [or seeming knowledge] of $50 rebate.

2. No knowledge of shipping or receiving but. He told me they are shipping from the warehouse [which is overseas] on Friday and that I should get mine in 5-7 days. Because of that no way to change shipping. No knowledge of B&M store. That was terrible news and I hope he was wrong.

3. They will be shipped out of SB in the order purchased and they are getting x thousand for those orders. [forget actual number, but in single digits, before told 4K.] They do not have a list that shows shipping order yet.

4. He made it sound like SB customers were like B&M customers,that they were getting to HP for reshipment as a regular store and no pick up or accommodations.

5. If I change my Touchpad order to a 32 [which I do not want but for $50] I will fall out of my place in cue which better be pretty low. [8:45am CDT the 19th. I kiddingly asked the rep how many first calls there were by him to no answer but if he started at 9EDT, there could not be many at 10-15 mins per call].

6. If I cancel the accessories, it will not affect my position. [hopefully]

Speaking of hopefully, this is going agonizingly slow but if it shows up a bit early, I would be very happy. Here is hoping the Richie Richs and celebs do not grab our TP. Come on HP, surprise me.
    Last edited by jondough; 06/29/2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: more info
    PalmV - Kyo 6035 - 7135 - 650 - 700wx - pre+clocked - pre+2.1 mod - and no Pre3 time to get a Pre2?

June 19 - 8:45am - early order Touchpad. Love it! Used fire sale refund to get another. Rest paid for all accessories. Trying to teach the wife to love it.

support WebOs internals!
    Time Will Tell...................
    Walmart.com
    Order #xxxxxxx-xxxxxx
    Item Order Status & Delivery Date
    1 HP TouchPad 9.7" Touchscreen Tablet with 16GB Storage and Wi-Fi
    Item in Remind Me List

Shipped
    Your order has been shipped via Fedex and should arrive between Wednesday, 06/29/2011 and Thursday, 06/30/2011.
    Easy returns via mail or in a store – learn how.

Track This Item
    WOW! Hope so.

And if you track it?

support WebOs internals!
    i am assuming it is shipping from west coast. i hope. because it is 9:40 PM EDT and nothing is reflected as it being in Fedex's possession. if it is west coast then its 6:40 PM there and so i hope it hasnt been picked up yet.

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?action...75852433912672
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast