Another update from HP direct [as little as they will tell].
I called to drop the accessories, no sense in paying more for a slow boat shipment.
I have not been able to log into my order for over a day where there are lines for shipping etc. That 'may' be good news.
You have to call.
1. No acknowledgement [or seeming knowledge] of $50 rebate.
2. No knowledge of shipping or receiving but. He told me they are shipping from the warehouse [which is overseas] on Friday and that I should get mine in 5-7 days. Because of that no way to change shipping. No knowledge of B&M store. That was terrible news and I hope he was wrong.
3. They will be shipped out of SB in the order purchased and they are getting x thousand for those orders. [forget actual number, but in single digits, before told 4K.] They do not have a list that shows shipping order yet.
4. He made it sound like SB customers were like B&M customers,that they were getting to HP for reshipment as a regular store and no pick up or accommodations.
5. If I change my Touchpad order to a 32 [which I do not want but for $50] I will fall out of my place in cue which better be pretty low. [8:45am CDT the 19th. I kiddingly asked the rep how many first calls there were by him to no answer but if he started at 9EDT, there could not be many at 10-15 mins per call].
6. If I cancel the accessories, it will not affect my position. [hopefully]
Speaking of hopefully, this is going agonizingly slow but if it shows up a bit early, I would be very happy. Here is hoping the Richie Richs and celebs do not grab our TP. Come on HP, surprise me.