1.    #1  
    Just wondering if any of you fellow launch-day purchasers of the TouchPad are avoiding the latest deluge of WalMart and Best Buy demo-model videos. I need to have *some* surprises when I open the thing on Friday morning!
    No, but they dont show much anyway. Most show device having issues based on demo running or no wifi available.

I hope to see some real reviews before Friday. Want to make sure lag issues have to do with demo units only.
  3.    #3  
    I've been a little surprised that we haven't seen a major news outlet (Engadget, TIMN, BoyGenius, PhoneDog, P|C, WOR) release a review yet. I always forget: are these pre-release reviews usually published 24 hours before launch or a week before? I've seen both, but I guess it depends on terms provided by HP.
    Most are told when they can release their reviews. Usually this is day of release or day before.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Im not sure what good avoiding the videos would do. I want to make an informed purchase.
  6.    #6  
    ^ Things aren't nearly so sterilely tied to reality and good decisions for a true drinker of the Kool-Aid.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    I've been a little surprised that we haven't seen a major news outlet (Engadget, TIMN, BoyGenius, PhoneDog, P|C, WOR) release a review yet. I always forget: are these pre-release reviews usually published 24 hours before launch or a week before? I've seen both, but I guess it depends on terms provided by HP.
    I've heard that no reviews will appear till Friday. I hope that isn't true.
    only lag issues that were noticeable to me(played w/ a demo unit) was using the calendar app, pretty much on par w/ the current calendar if not worse, had ghosting affect when switchin betweens scenes in the app, but again while using the demo unit, when i was watch a movie trailer the "demo" app loaded, so theres definitely something goin on behind the scene.