Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I'm pretty sure android tablets came up with dual cam first.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Ipad was announced before any of the good android tablets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator64 View Post
    The rear camera is useful for when you are face timing with friends and want to show them something. What're you going to do with the TP? Swing the whole thing around?
    Okay, finally someone gave a legit example of why a rear camera would be nice. And based on what we have seen in TouchPad promo videos, HP plans on including one in the next gen TouchPad. It must not have made the cut in this gen. That being said, I still don't think it's that big of a deal breaker. To some it may be, but the first iPad sold millions without one; obviously it is not a "must have."
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Ipad was announced before any of the good android tablets.
    I have a good android tab in galaxy tab.

Stop pretending everything started with apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator64 View Post
    The rear camera is useful for when you are face timing with friends and want to show them something. What're you going to do with the TP? Swing the whole thing around? Just because the TP can't do something doesn't mean it's useless on other devices.
    YES.

Much simpler than having to use an on-screen software toggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I have a good android tab in galaxy tab.

Stop pretending everything started with apple.

By good i meant tablet optimized os. The galaxy tab is a good product but in the end its running a phone os. (which i now see as a stupid complaint when the ipad does also)
    By good i meant tablet optimized os. The galaxy tab is a good product but in the end its running a phone os. (which i now see as a stupid complaint when the ipad does also)
    As will the TouchPad. Apple didn't invent the tablet, they were just the first to realize a phone OS would be better than a Desktop OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    As will the TouchPad. Apple didn't invent the tablet, they were just the first to realize a phone OS would be better than a Desktop OS.
    I really wouldn't call honeycomb, enyo, or qnx a phone os. Yes they have roots and share code from a phone os but all three are different beasts.
    I really wouldn't call honeycomb, enyo, or qnx a phone os. Yes they have roots and share code from a phone os but all three are different beasts.
    Well, in a technical sense, you are correct. But when I pick up my Veer and hold it next to the TouchPad and hold it next to the Pre- I see a common OS despite the shell differences.
    I know what your saying.
    seems that the review has been taken offline until 930 pm et
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevr1990 View Post
    Honestly, I don't get this camera busoness. Why would anybody want a rear camera on a tablet?! It seems absurd.

I'm sure I read that basically nobody uses it on the iPad, so why is it a big deal?
    I'm right there with ya. I have seen people using it though and think it's a great thing though. I live in Arkansas and have seen some people taking pics. One friend saw somebody recording their child's play with an iPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Good! Hopefully they're doing a proper review this time and the one posted was just a dry run?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Hopefully this is when the floodgates open for all the reviews to show up. I'm betting that it is..
    It looks like we now know when the embargo expires. Seems really, really late to me to be letting these reviews come out.
    Most embargos end a day or two before launch. Pretty standard really.
    Speaking for that "other" tablet that I use, the rear camera is actually wonderful in a lab environment or any other environment where you are using the tablet to write a report on an experiment or anything that pictures aid. You snap the picture and you can have it embedded into your document in 30 seconds. The same may be true of other professions, too, such as auto insurance adjusters. Also, it's really handy when snapping pics of hand-drawn notes or a whiteboard post-meeting.

You can do the same with your phone and email it to yourself, but if you are writing the document on the tablet, this is feature makes things a breeze.
    ------------------
    James C.
    Digital EcoSystem: GNU/Emacs/Vim/BSD/c/Linux/groff/iOS/LaTeX/OS X/WebOS/Win7/&c.
    Gadget Disclosure: Pre-/iPad1/Dell E6410/MacBook(OS X/Linux/NetBSD)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123