1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Here's a nice read on the TouchPad.. Use the link to reach the entire article.

Take care,

Jay

HP: TouchPad's WebOS Threatens Android, Apple iOS
    BY AUSTIN CARRMon Jun 27, 2011

HP: TouchPad's WebOS Threatens Android, Apple iOS | Fast Company

Richard Kerris, the former Apple exec, is gliding through his presentation of HP's TouchPad. As the current VP of worldwide developer relations for WebOS, the slick software giving life to HP's latest mobile devices, Kerris is giddily running through the tablet's bells and whistles: the design, the partnerships, the apps, the engineering. But suddenly our discussion is interrupted by the sound of woodwinds, dancing up the scale.
    The sound is familiar. It's the iPhone's classic marimba ringtone. Only it's not a song in the distance--it's coming from my pocket.
    "That's a ring I don't like to hear," Kerris immediately says, jokingly. "Give me that [iPhone]!"
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    What I like the most was his comment the HP bought Palm to begin with because they saw no future in Android. This was even before Android really took off. People forget HP was originally aboard the Windows Phone train as well but jumped off. HP had to have seen release versions of WP7 and yet still decided webOS was a better investment.

I also like his comment about the total industry sales of tablets. HP sneezes PC sales equal to current total industry tablet sales. I think it is very premature to write the TouchPad off.
    Anyone else see the irony in the android comment when he just pretty much summed up HP's PC business.

Im hoping to see what the envy team whips up (i bet they're working on the 7 inch)
    Jay, where in the hell do you find all of this stuff? Lol.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by remmy123 View Post
    Jay, where in the hell do you find all of this stuff? Lol.
    Hi,

I'm just a very avid reader.......I polish off 2-3 books a week, (at a minimum), same thing with reading and searching online....

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Jay the Pre community thanks you for all your newshounding!!
  7.    #7  
    Hi all,

I'm also home a lot more than most people...

1. I hardly sleep due to my Fibromyalgia, so I have extra time for such things such as reading off & online. I'm disabled due to an incomplete spinal fusion so that gives me 4o + hours extra a week as well!

2. I am sole care-giver to my Mom who is 87, (will be 88 in less than 2 months), she has a stroke & 2 heart attacks....she lives here in my house...so that keeps me home and near a computer much of the day!

Thanks again all,

Take care,

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

I'm also home a lot more than most people...

1. I hardly sleep due to my Fibromyalgia, so I have extra time for such things such as reading off & online. I'm disabled due to an incomplete spinal fusion so that gives me 4o + hours extra a week as well!

2. I am sole care-giver to my Mom who is 87, (will be 88 in less than 2 months), she has a stroke & 2 heart attacks....she lives here in my house...so that keeps me home and near a computer much of the day!

Thanks again all,

Take care,

Jay
    You are a trooper man! My hat off to you