Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree1Likes
    I think the game is just glitched. I've sent requests to people already playing and some are listed as friends but some aren't. It honestly seems kind of random. And every day I have problems accessing the questions. Yesterday was the only time it let me answer all 15 questions. This is seriously annoying me now. How is the game supposed to be fair if you can't even access the trivia questions?
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    I'm not 100% certain you have to answer the questions daily. I think you could simply wait to the last day and answer all of them with the highest multiplier possible.

I suspect we'll get a barrage of people doing this near the end of the contest.

I didn't know you could stock pile your questions, and let them accumulate. Had I known that, I would have definitely waited a few days before starting.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiloechonovember78 View Post
    It seems that you must send these requests to people who are NOT already playing.
    That is definitely true, unless one of you resets, then neither of you gets credit, which I'm pretty sure is by design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I didn't know you could stock pile your questions, and let them accumulate. Had I known that, I would have definitely waited a few days before starting.
    There's no way that isn't cheating though... The game's implementation, and the rules, do NOT line up.
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    There's no way that isn't cheating though... The game's implementation, and the rules, do NOT line up.
    They can't classify waiting a couple days to answer questions as cheating. They can easily limit you to answering only the 15 questions for the day, but if they give you an option to answer older questions, then it's obviously allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    i promise you i'm not glitching and many of my friends are not either and we are in the top 100...
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    I guarantee I'm on the up and up. I am in the top ten. I didn't add strangers from precentral. I didn't make fake accounts. All of my multipliers are from actual people I know (though I did reach out and find real-world friends that I hadn't actually connected with yet on facebook). I missed quite a few questions. And I've had problems with it not giving me all my questions, too, just like everyone else, though maybe not to the same degree.

And I sure as hell don't have the balls to reset, but with my multiplier where it is now, if I did, I'd be at almost 100,000 points. So watch yourself when you start accusing everyone of doing what a few people are doing.

EDIT: In addition, I really feel like HP has a record of this, and can tell when somebody resets. I mean, if a person has only answered 4 questions, then resets, it could easily be a mistake (a buddy of mine accidentally hid the app, then had to re-add it, but he hadn't answered any questions yet.) But if somebody was at 55K, and then resets and ends up with 60-70K, that's so obvious that if they don't do something about it, they may find people getting attorneys over a good-natured contest, because the official rules explicitly forbid such behavior.
    I am more or less just ticked Ive been working my **** off and not getting anywhere lol
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    From the bottom of the Launchline FB page:

Updated as of July 02, 2011 10:42 AM PDT. This is not an official determination of your place in line. All points and positions are subject to verification by Sponsor which may result in changes to the position stated.

That also explains why I'm still at 1x even after adding many people from the group, one hour before this update.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo2X View Post
    From the bottom of the Launchline FB page:

Updated as of July 02, 2011 10:42 AM PDT. This is not an official determination of your place in line. All points and positions are subject to verification by Sponsor which may result in changes to the position stated.

That also explains why I'm still at 1x even after adding many people from the group, one hour before this update.
    +1
    There are definitely cheaters in this game...oh well
    Quote Originally Posted by Raddu View Post
    How does the #1 person have 50,000 points? He's only got 360+ friends on FB total? I guess most of them are signed up...crazy.
    haha that was me. At the time I had a decent multiplier. But ever since I have a much larger multiplier but i've already answered majority of the questions so I no longer can take advantage of my new multiplier. I am stuck in 5th place now and dropping :'(. No cheating involved. I just wish the multiplier was retro active. It me more fair.
    MatterOfFactJack
    It seems the multiplier has finally kicked in and reflects reality. My wife just went from position #600 to just under 200 overnight. Hopefully she gets a TouchPad out of this :wish:
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post

I highly doubt you can save up your questions, after the initial 150 questions you only get 10-15 per day. I missed yesterdays questions and realized it at like 3 am this morning so I logged on and I could only answer 10, I'll keep checking but I don't think it saves them.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadSexington View Post
    I highly doubt you can save up your questions, after the initial 150 questions you only get 10-15 per day. I missed yesterdays questions and realized it at like 3 am this morning so I logged on and I could only answer 10, I'll keep checking but I don't think it saves them.
    Thanks for letting us know, Chad.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I figured I'd weigh in with my experience as to why I originally suggested the questions accumulate:

I started in the beginning and answered 165 questions (150+15) on my first day to reach #36 with only a 3x multiplier. I went on to answer 15 questions per day for the next two for a total of 195, and continually falling in the rankings even though my multiplier was up to 11x.

My fiancee then entered (all friends were mutual). I helped her answer all the questions at 11x. I was expecting we'd be asked 165 questions but instead was asked all 195.

That seems to me like they carry over.
    ^^^
    Sorry, but I don't get it then, estockda -are you saying that the questions do accumulate? I haven't answered any questions since the weekend -does that mean I'll have more questions available for me to answer?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    ^^^
    Sorry, but I don't get it then, estockda -are you saying that the questions do accumulate? I haven't answered any questions since the weekend -does that mean I'll have more questions available for me to answer?
    From the experience above, I would say, yes, they do accumulate.
    it only let me answer 5 questions this morning for some reason bleh

oh and, did ya'll see they changed the prizes more? at least from last time i saw it
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    The contest has gotten pretty funny.. people are trying different things to win and everyone is calling each other fake... its ridiculous what contests do to people...

but yea.. HP actually stated that you can save up your questions until the end. And if just refresh the app and relaunch it if you think you didn't get all your questions.. sometimes ill answer a couple and itll say your are done for the day.. and then a couple hours later it will let me answer one or two.
    The contest has gotten pretty funny.. people are trying different things to win and everyone is calling each other fake... its ridiculous what contests do to people...

but yea.. HP actually stated that you can save up your questions until the end. And if just refresh the app and relaunch it if you think you didn't get all your questions.. sometimes ill answer a couple and itll say your are done for the day.. and then a couple hours later it will let me answer one or two.
    Here's a FAQ about the game:
    https://www.facebook.com/note.php?no...50235839421569

It states that you can accumulate questions.

This game has definitely out of control. A FB group was started for PreCentral members, to friend each other & help boost our multipliers to hopefully win. However, the competition is so fierce, I don't think many of us will win. There are hundreds of other people that do nothing but troll FB for contests to win. A lot of them have started friend armies to do the same thing, and many are also creating fake FB accounts, and cheating/manipulating their multipliers.

To be honest, I don't even want to play anymore; but I figured since the contest will end in a few days, I may as well answer the rest of the questions & hope HP disqualifies a lot of people. That's the only chance I have at winning.
    If any of you were in the top 100, check your inbox/junk mail folder. Emails to the winners went out today.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456