Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    i found out you have to send invites 1 by 1...I sent out like 20 invites first time around and no one received them. so I lost points because they couldnt accept.

blahhh

down to 207
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    they need to boot that joker then
    it was posted about and others did it so its probably more than 1 person.
    Seems like that would be something easily detectable on their end though, especially if "the record on the 'Sponsor's' computer is the official record". that means there would be a record of them starting over...
    there is no winning this sh!t....i played for a good hour...and made my way to the 400's next day down to 600 and then down to 900...i guess the only way to win this is cheat and cheat good Muahahahahahah..
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    Seems like that would be something easily detectable on their end though, especially if "the record on the 'Sponsor's' computer is the official record". that means there would be a record of them starting over...
    which is exactly why I decided to not do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    there is no winning this sh!t....i played for a good hour...and made my way to the 400's next day down to 600 and then down to 900...i guess the only way to win this is cheat and cheat good Muahahahahahah..
    no, actually there is a strategy, you just have to catch it before you start answering questions and watching videos. if you read the fine print and understand how the contest works then it will make sense to you.

When you first start you get 150 questions and then every day after you get 15 per day. the strategy is to build up your multiplier before you answer your 150 questions.
    down to 271. blahhhh
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    no, actually there is a strategy, you just have to catch it before you start answering questions and watching videos. if you read the fine print and understand how the contest works then it will make sense to you.

When you first start you get 150 questions and then every day after you get 15 per day. the strategy is to build up your multiplier before you answer your 150 questions.
    Yea, except I haven't been getting an extra 15 questions a day.

*And many of my friends cannot load this buggy app.

It is actually pretty frustrating to have a contest feel so unfair.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    which is exactly why I decided to not do it.
    Neither did I. I really am struggling with my conscience here. On the one hand, I'm debating whether I should report the people that I know are cheating, i.e. people that have mentioned it here that have the same name on facebook, and have obviously done it. On the other hand, I'm debating whether an email sent to HP will have any effect whatsoever. I emailed yesterday because it says my GF is not eligible and she is. Either way, I'll take the high road, and if it costs me a chance at a "VIP experience of a lifetime", then that just sucks. I really hope I end in the top 100 though.
    Soorma likes this.
    Definitely a buggy game. I'm up to x19 but really should be at least x25. Many of my friends who have accepted and have joined the game never got added to my list of friends. Many did not receive the invite and some cannot load the app (error which I see every now and then). And as mentioned above, I too am not receiving 15 questions a day. We'll gotta keep trying!

Currently Top 150.
    Its really unfair with the whole multiplier thing people are doing. Answered 150 questions, only 21 wrong. Was in 31st, now 271. WTH
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    The multiplier thing is the actual contest. It's a referral system, essentially, so if your multiplier is low, then you haven't contributed any competitors, i.e. you haven't shown people that the touchpad is coming out. It's MLM at its finest.

Now what sucks is, my multiplier is quite high, and I'm in the top 10, but I can't touch 1st place, because like any other real person, I missed quite a few questions, weighing the chance at the 10 points value against a guaranteed 1 point if I looked it up. The first couple people reset their games, thereby getting another chance to answer all their questions, and with their current multiplier, which I guarantee is higher than when they answered most of their questions. Random errors sucks, but cheating is unfair, and as yet, with HP not even acknowledging the errors and issues, there's not even a reliable way to report cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    The multiplier thing is the actual contest. It's a referral system, essentially, so if your multiplier is low, then you haven't contributed any competitors, i.e. you haven't shown people that the touchpad is coming out. It's MLM at its finest.

Now what sucks is, my multiplier is quite high, and I'm in the top 10, but I can't touch 1st place, because like any other real person, I missed quite a few questions, weighing the chance at the 10 points value against a guaranteed 1 point if I looked it up. The first couple people reset their games, thereby getting another chance to answer all their questions, and with their current multiplier, which I guarantee is higher than when they answered most of their questions. Random errors sucks, but cheating is unfair, and as yet, with HP not even acknowledging the errors and issues, there's not even a reliable way to report cheaters.

Yeah, this whole thing sucks. My multiplier is at 12, but I know that if I reset the app, it, I would have at least 20, if not 30. I didn't get many questions wrong, & I would probably jump to the top, but I fear getting disqualified. I'm upset, because I just got bumped out of the top 100.

I'll wait & few days, and hope people aren't consistent answering question everyday (like over the holiday weekend) & I could get back to the top. If I get bumped too far out, then I might just reset the app & risk getting disqualified, since at that point I'll have nothing to loose anyway.
    EVERYONE in the top 100 is glitching

ugh. I cant decide if I should glitch to keep up, or hope hp does something about it
    @agentmock

ugh. I cant decide if I should glitch to keep up, or hope hp does something about it
    i promise you i'm not glitching and many of my friends are not either and we are in the top 100...

I guarantee I'm on the up and up. I am in the top ten. I didn't add strangers from precentral. I didn't make fake accounts. All of my multipliers are from actual people I know (though I did reach out and find real-world friends that I hadn't actually connected with yet on facebook). I missed quite a few questions. And I've had problems with it not giving me all my questions, too, just like everyone else, though maybe not to the same degree.

And I sure as hell don't have the balls to reset, but with my multiplier where it is now, if I did, I'd be at almost 100,000 points. So watch yourself when you start accusing everyone of doing what a few people are doing.

EDIT: In addition, I really feel like HP has a record of this, and can tell when somebody resets. I mean, if a person has only answered 4 questions, then resets, it could easily be a mistake (a buddy of mine accidentally hid the app, then had to re-add it, but he hadn't answered any questions yet.) But if somebody was at 55K, and then resets and ends up with 60-70K, that's so obvious that if they don't do something about it, they may find people getting attorneys over a good-natured contest, because the official rules explicitly forbid such behavior.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I'll wait & few days, and hope people aren't consistent answering question everyday (like over the holiday weekend) & I could get back to the top. If I get bumped too far out, then I might just reset the app & risk getting disqualified, since at that point I'll have nothing to loose anyway.
    I'm not 100% certain you have to answer the questions daily. I think you could simply wait to the last day and answer all of them with the highest multiplier possible.

I suspect we'll get a barrage of people doing this near the end of the contest.
    I've sent some requests to some of you.

TouchPads for us all!

- Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    I'm not 100% certain you have to answer the questions daily. I think you could simply wait to the last day and answer all of them with the highest multiplier possible.

I suspect we'll get a barrage of people doing this near the end of the contest.
    Or they'll reset at the end, and even if they lose 100 questions, their first 150 will be answered at x500 and they'll zoom past us.

Either way, game's out of control
    It seems that you must send these requests to people who are NOT already playing.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast