Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Guess this is how we can interpret the making it up thang.
    Hmmm. I wonder what they're going to ask for as proof of purchase. I had to mail the barcodes, etc. in with the rebate offered on my phone.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Only on the 32gb version. ****.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    making it right --my ***** !!! knocking $50 off the already overpriced 32GB version is weak. If they did it for the 16GB then it's a different story.
    It won't be enough for them judging by the kinds of posts I see these people make around here. They expect pounds of flesh at this point.
    I was happy until I saw that it said only the 32GB.
    Does that mean we are not getting new cars? Doh!
  8.    #9  
    Well, I'm pretty excited about this. It's still better than a kick in the head!
    Good for people who wanted to buy a Touchpad anyway. For the rest, well, it's nothing.
    BUT, thumbs up to HP that they actually did something!
    I'm happy, better than nothing.
    Proof of purchase? are we really expected to still have our receipts?
    Where am I going to get a receipt for a phone I bought 2 years ago?

What about the people who preordered a 16GB version two weeks ago? Do they expect us to cancel the preorder they advertised so heavily?

I guess I could sell my 16GB on ebay after I get it, go to a Sprint store to see if they can print off some sort of old receipt, then dig around in my closet for the box to my Pre- to clip the UPC.

I really appreciate this gesture from HP, but couldn't they have mentioned this BEFORE we all ordered our 16GB versions?
    I bought my Sprint Pre from Best Buy...I highly doubt that I still have my receipt from that.

I wonder if there is a way to get them to print me off a receipt. But I also don't want a 32GB TouchPad... I'm not very pleased about that. I won't need 32GB and I also can't justify spending that much if I don't have to.

Why only 32..why!?
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Do the chunks that are falling off my Pre qualify as proof of purchase?

32GB only... Shesh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    Proof of purchase? are we really expected to still have our receipts?
    That is a crazy prerequisite to getting the discount! It's like asking us for our long form State of Hawaii birth certificates! I might have the box and receipt somewhere in my house, but it's been two long years. Why not ask us for the Sprint "number in line" slip I got that first day (#14)?

That is hardly making it right, and especialy for me, since I don't need a 32gb TP.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    I'm sure once everyone from P|C starts to complain about it, they'll somehow change it. HP is actually pretty good at listening. But I honestly doubt they'll include the 16GB for some reason.

But I hope they do.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I bought my Sprint Pre from Best Buy...I highly doubt that I still have my receipt from that.

I wonder if there is a way to get them to print me off a receipt. But I also don't want a 32GB TouchPad... I'm not very pleased about that. I won't need 32GB and I also can't justify spending that much if I don't have to.

Why only 32..why!?
    Getting Receipt Copies - Best Buy

"Getting Receipt Copies

Online Purchases
    For BestBuy.com orders, you can get a copy of your receipt online:

Sign in to My Account, and select View Orders.
    Click on the order number for the receipt you wish to print.
    Click the View Order Receipt button and print.
    You can also call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) to request a copy of your online receipt.

In-Store Purchases
    Bring the credit card used for the purchase to the Customer Service counter at the store where you made the purchase. If you paid by check, bring your photo ID. You'll need to fill out a short form before receiving your receipt copy.

We cannot retrieve receipt copies for purchases paid in cash, or for purchases made more than two years ago.

You can also call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) to request a copy of your store receipt."
    Pathetic,

is it so hard to be nice to your most loyal supporter? 32Gb only, oh, forget it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Getting Receipt Copies - Best Buy

"Getting Receipt Copies

Online Purchases
    For BestBuy.com orders, you can get a copy of your receipt online:

Sign in to My Account, and select View Orders.
    Click on the order number for the receipt you wish to print.
    Click the View Order Receipt button and print.
    You can also call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) to request a copy of your online receipt.

In-Store Purchases
    Bring the credit card used for the purchase to the Customer Service counter at the store where you made the purchase. If you paid by check, bring your photo ID. You'll need to fill out a short form before receiving your receipt copy.

We cannot retrieve receipt copies for purchases paid in cash, or for purchases made more than two years ago.

You can also call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) to request a copy of your store receipt."

Hrm...this might be a problem. Thanks for the info though.
    Sprint Love
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast