Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Woo. Nothing helps smooth the ills of buying a first generation phone that I was told would update, but wouldn't, on a carrier that HP seems to have no intentions of launching a phone on, with a next generation phone still without a launch date....

....like $50 bucks off the most expensive model of a tablet that won't be on the network I use anyways.

Woo

Did they have to do this? No. But its not all benevolent on their part. They're not doing it out of the kindness of their heart. They lied to their customers, boldly and blatantly, which ended up just being a series of BS they peddled out to them. The original "making it right comment" and this is nothing but business, an attempt to smooth over the Customers that are the only ones that are likely to be giving them ANY word of mouth what so ever as they launch this new thing.

Its just a horribly stupid method of attempting to smooth it over.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Ill take my 50$ and buy it at Sams so thats just above 500$ not bad- thanks HP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    "i want jon rubinstein to drive to my house and personally deliver a Sprint Pre 3 with six months free service.... making things right!!"
    Sorry, but a Sprint Pre 3 is absolutely useless for me.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    ^ haha it was a joke (its useless to me as well, being on AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    If the discount wasn't on the stinking tablet but on a Pre 3 I'll be a happy man. But right now I'm furious.
    How can they give you a discount on a product they aren't selling yet?
    I didn't have plans to buy a Touchpad. Had this deal been for the 16gb I would have seriously considered it. While I appreciate the consideration for Pre minus owners, this doesn't cut it for me. A loyal Pre minus owner's next Palm related purchase would naturally be the next Pre 3.

Cut us as Pre 3 deal.

Call me disappointed.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    not to look a gift horse in the mouth, im glad they are offering something.. but people with Pre-, Pixis and Pre+ owners need new PHONES. a tablet doesnt solve the problem of owning an unsupported phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    I didn't have plans to buy a Touchpad. Had this deal been for the 16gb I would have seriously considered it. While I appreciate the consideration for Pre minus owners, this doesn't cut it for me. A loyal Pre minus owner's next Palm related purchase would naturally be the next Pre 3.

Cut us as Pre 3 deal.

Call me disappointed.
    And you honestly expected more? Your words are exactly what came out of my mouth as I read that article. I thought wow, 50$ off the 499$, that makes it $450, thats less then the windows 7 tablet I was going to get. Hmm maybe ill get the touchpad in... oh 32gb. Nevermind. The touchpad will be onsale somewhere withen this year. If it happens maybe ill jump them, july 31st. What a joke.

HUGE disapointment HP, I hope your reading all the laughs at your scam of a attempt to make things right.
    Wow..... It's a phone.
    Hard to believe these are actually grown men and women ranting over the fairness of a $50 rebate.

I'll take the money and run. Thanks HP.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    i'm hoping they can amend the deal to $25 off 16GB -OR- $50 off 32GB.
    +1
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
    Actually taking a step back...

This "making things right" is only PreCentral using the line in their article. Nowhere did they say this is their plan to just give you 50 bucks for a tablet and call it a day, maybe just a promotion to boost launch day sales?

Wishful thinking, there might be more when the Pre 3 launches?

PS: for those who are unhappy with this "making things right plan" (if it indeed is) as well, go post in their comments section of the blog post.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Actually taking a step back...

This "making things right" is only PreCentral using the line in their article. Nowhere did they say this is their plan to just give you 50 bucks for a tablet and call it a day, maybe just a promotion to boost launch day sales?

Wishful thinking, there might be more when the Pre 3 launches?
    Don't do this to yourself...
    As a former launch date Pre owner, I gotta say all the complaining from Pre owners (specially the launch date ones) is pretty nonsensical. What exactly has kept you from moving on to another platform?

As much as I liked the Pre and webOS(and still do very much, as I'm getting the TouchPad at launch), once it became clear that there was nothing coming out from Palm, and that I wasn't going to switch carriers (with a company discount, AT&T and VZW don't hold a candle to what I pay), I made the decision to sell my Pre and move on to an HTC Evo 4G.

Although I'm not happy with Android, I've got a decently snappy and quality phone and thanks to my decision, I'm in no rush to wait for an eventual webOS phone on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Don't do this to yourself...
    Well, I do have a Veer right now to hold me down. Just kinda annoying that half the stuff from my Pre Plus won't run on it because of the resolution issue, although it's holding up just fine.

I'll still keep an eye out on Amazon.

@Toni,
    Are we the only ones who read the blog post and email this way?

A few minutes ago, I posted a question on the Palm Blog comments to Mr. Zilber asking him for clarification of today's offer in relation to the "making things right for you" offer.

Nowhere in Mr. Zilber's blog post does he refer to the "making things right for you" offer from February 2011. That's right, not once is this SPECIFICALLY stated in his blog post, nor is it SPECIFICALLY stated in the HP Email regarding this TouchPad offer.

I understand the Palm Blog post and the HP Email as a Loyalty Offer for the TouchPad for the Palm Pre, Pre +, Pixi, Pixi + owners.

HOWEVER, this does state it is ONLY for the owners of, I believe, the same products related to the "making things right for you" offer. This is where the water gets muddy for me. Thus, I posed the question to Mr. Zilber. Hopefully, he will offer some clarification tomorrow.

Anyone else besides Toni and I read the blog and email this way?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
    I see pandas.
    I'm very disappointed in this as well. If it had been for the $499 version, I would be interested. But for the 32GB version? No thanks. If this is HP "making things right", nice try, but you failed again, HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    @Toni,
    Are we the only ones who read the blog post and email this way?

A few minutes ago, I posted a question on the Palm Blog comments to Mr. Zilber asking him for clarification of today's offer in relation to the "making things right for you" offer.

Nowhere in Mr. Zilber's blog post does he refer to the "making things right for you" offer from February 2011. That's right, not once is this SPECIFICALLY stated in his blog post, nor is it SPECIFICALLY stated in the HP Email regarding this TouchPad offer.

I understand the Palm Blog post and the HP Email as a Loyalty Offer for the TouchPad for the Palm Pre, Pre +, Pixi, Pixi + owners.

HOWEVER, this does state it is ONLY for the owners of, I believe, the same products related to the "making things right for you" offer. This is where the water gets muddy for me. Thus, I posed the question to Mr. Zilber. Hopefully, he will offer some clarification tomorrow.

Anyone else besides Toni and I read the blog and email this way?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
    I don't know...after reading Toni's post, I went back to the Palm blog to read the announcement carefully and I just can't find a way to interpret this as a separate offer from the "making things right" deal. Not when they're only extending this mail-in rebate to owners of the Pre, Pixi, Pre Plus, and Pixi Plus (the 4 phones stuck on 1.4.5) and leaving out the Pre 2.
    Well if it is, why is that webos-info page still up?

Either that page would update to link to that post or something, but right now it clearly still says "(they) are working on alternative plans and will be sharing details in the coming weeks."

ALTHOUGH... it is another coincidence that, that message reappeared only today, along with that blog post.

Again, just all speculation here, both thinking this is the "making things right plan" or it isn't. Right now the only thing that's obvious is that it's a promo for TouchPad launch day.

Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I don't know...after reading Toni's post, I went back to the Palm blog to read the announcement carefully and I just can't find a way to interpret this as a separate offer from the "making things right" deal. Not when they're only extending this mail-in rebate to owners of the Pre, Pixi, Pre Plus, and Pixi Plus (the 4 phones stuck on 1.4.5) and leaving out the Pre 2.
    Exactly. I was leaning towards this being a completely different offer, until I read the footnotes listing the models available for the rebate. Hence, the question to Mr. Zilber for clarification.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Exactly. I was leaning towards this being a completely different offer, until I read the footnotes listing the models available for the rebate. Hence, the question to Mr. Zilber for clarification.
    Well if you want to be that detailed... the US and Canada thing is excluding O2/Telefonica and Telcel Pre, as well as Vodafone Pixi Plus. Unless they decide to magically launch the TouchPad in those markets and give them the same discount before July 31, then that's not "making things right" for them. I'm pretty sure their serial numbers also point out that there are "alternative plans" for them as well, since they are stuck on 1.4.5 (1.4.0 for Telcel) too.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast