Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 198
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I thought the price was a $200, and wasn't it literally 2 weeks after the device was released that Apple dropped from $599 to $299. That's a tad different than what's going on with this offer.
    wiki it History of the iPhone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    2 months after release, price of 8G model dropped from $600 to $400, apple offered $200 rebate for those who bought it in the most recent two weeks, and later $100 for all prior buyers.
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    According to email, you don't need the original receipt of your current Pre/Pixi device.
    Nice, that makes it easier.

    Free case, here I come!
  3. #103  
    So HP tells me, "Don't worry that you have no options for a WebOS phone on Sprint but we'll let you pay us $550 for a tablet." How's that making things right?
  4. #104  
    I got the email as well, but unless I make some money this coming month I won't be able to use the discount.

    I can always use a developer discount anyways though... =p
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    wiki it History of the iPhone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    2 months after release, price of 8G model dropped from $600 to $400, apple offered $200 rebate for those who bought it in the most recent two weeks, and later $100 for all prior buyers.
    My bad, I thought it was two weeks, not two months. My "299" was a typo (I'd already mentioned the $200 price drop).

    Even at that, two months is a bit different than no new OS version after 2 years.
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    So HP tells me, "Don't worry that you have no options for a WebOS phone on Sprint but we'll let you pay us $550 for a tablet." How's that making things right?
    And exactly how would you have HP force Sprint to carry their phone?
  7. #107  
    some people will just never be happy
  8. LinT's Avatar
    Posts
    303 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    #108  
    I never felt that HP/Palm owed me anything. I bought a phone with certain features (like all my other phones) and I still have it. Its been such a great phone that i've kept it longer than any others. So now, as i prepared to buy a 16GB Tp on friday... I find out that for $50 more I can have a 32GB model... Im in!! Thanks HP! (see you friday morning)
  9. #109  
    I haven't received the email yet, hopefully you don't need one to get the rebate. Before I preordered the 32GB version, I was going back and forth as to which one to get, looks like I made the right decision.
  10. #110  
    anyone have jon zilber's email address so i can request $25 off Touchpad 16GB? i mean, seriously, it's better than nothing, and most people were looking at the 16GB anyway. only offering a discount on the most expensive model is kind of lame. i'm hoping they can amend the deal to $25 of 16GB -OR- $50 of 32GB.
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    anyone have jon zilber's email address so i can request $25 off Touchpad 16GB? i mean, seriously, it's better than nothing, and most people were looking at the 16GB anyway. only offering a discount on the most expensive model is kind of lame. i'm hoping they can amend the deal to $25 of 16GB -OR- $50 of 32GB.
    If you get anywhere with that let me know, I'd love any type of discount off the 16GB TP. I didn't plan on buying the 32GB at all.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
  12. #112  
    i will definitely share it here first. i'm hoping they can amend the whole deal, not just for me but for everyone. it would be just the right size incentive to push a few extra people toward the Touchpad.
  13. #113  
    I have 2 Pre- SNs if anybody wants them. I will not be getting a tablet, so if someone (or 2) wants to use mine for $50 off, feel free.
  14. #114  
    HP is pushing the 32gb for many obvious reasons - a less obvious reason is they are not making many of them (in comparison to the 32gb version). I suspect the 16gb version is to match the Ipad and being to able to say they have a $499 option but they don't make a very good margin on it, basic math says they a have much better margin on the 32gb - hence they are making more and trying to incent/force people to buy it. They are also only giving HP employees the 20% employee discount on the 32gb model. (Wonder if employees can use the $50 off in addition to the 20%)
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    some people will just never be happy
    If the discount wasn't on the stinking tablet but on a Pre 3 I'll be a happy man. But right now I'm furious.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    If the discount wasn't on the stinking tablet but on a Pre 3 I'll be a happy man. But right now I'm furious.
    Furious? Really?

    I can understand disappointed, frustrated, maybe even mad. But furious? Seems a bit over the top to me.
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by AZBigE View Post
    Furious? Really?

    I can understand disappointed, frustrated, maybe even mad. But furious? Seems a bit over the top to me.
    If it's not their way, then they're not happy.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
  18. #118  
    "i want jon rubinstein to drive to my house and personally deliver a Sprint Pre 3 with six months free service.... making things right!!"
  19. shawnz28's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #119  
    Anyone know if the rebate email is user specific and has to be tied to an active online phone? I have the Pre but do not use it currently as I switched to an Epic a few month ago as my Pre was pretty beat (under the assumption I would get a Pre 3 this summer).
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnz28 View Post
    Anyone know if the rebate email is user specific and has to be tied to an active online phone? I have the Pre but do not use it currently as I switched to an Epic a few month ago as my Pre was pretty beat (under the assumption I would get a Pre 3 this summer).
    That's a good question, I'm also curious because I have a FrankenPre.. So I wonder what they're going to think about that. I'm assuming it'll be fine, you just have to own a Pre -. Although, I'm sure I can get a Pre - from CL, Ebay, etc... For like 10 bucks for a 50 buck discount.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions