Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Thanks HP for the rebate, was not necessary, I mean I don't recall Apple (iphone1/iphone2)or Android (fragmentation, older phones cannot run newer software) making it right to there loyal customers
    apple refund $100 in gift card each for early iPhone adopters when the price dropped later.
    I'll take the rebate!. That's better than nothing for me. And for those who are still a bit confused, you need 3 things for the rebate.

1. s/n for your current device (Pre, Pixi, etc)
    2. TouchPad 32GB receipt
    3. TouchPad 32GB proof of purchase.

According to email, you don't need the original receipt of your current Pre/Pixi device.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I would assume you can only use it once casue they ask for the UPC code.
    I think people would be 100x happier if it was on either the 16 or 32 gb version especially for those who already pre ordered the 16gb version
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    What I dont want a 32gb touchpad? What if I wanted a 16 and dont tell me im being ungrateful. We took the jump into the icy waters for them and Palm/HP has left are naked ***** in the cold, toold us a rescue was coming for months then finally said **** you. Then thinks a floatie will make it better.This is ridic.
    Wow, that July 31 deadline is vicious.
    I dont know about others but happy though its just $50, its discount for early adaptors to both touchpad and webOS
    It's just a marketing ploy to upsell u to a 32gb device. That's the way people should look at it because of the of offering the rebate to the 16gb users

Thus being said, if your were already planning on getting the 32gb version then is is a good deal for you ...
    I think the promise has been fulfilled. The one thing I would change is they should have extended it to any webOS device. Veer's, Pre3, either touchpad model and even Opal. Luckily for me, I'll be buying a 32gb version anyway.
    Stay Hungry. Satisfied people never change the World.
    This thread is for talking about the rebate and what is needed to secure it. This thread is not for re-litigating whether HP will make it right and how they should do it. If you want to discuss issues other that the mechanics of the rebate, please seek out the several other open threads discussing the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZBigE View Post
    Hmmm. I wonder what they're going to ask for as proof of purchase. I had to mail the barcodes, etc. in with the rebate offered on my phone.

from my email it says:

Our customers deserve something special. From July 1 through July 31, 2011, you may qualify for a $50 mail-in rebate off the purchase of a new 32GB HP TouchPad. This mail-in rebate is good wherever you shop for TouchPad, including any preorders or reservations.

*What you’ll need:*

1. Serial number of your eligible webOS smartphone*
    2. Receipt from your 32GB TouchPad purchase
    3. UPC code from your TouchPad package

Stay tuned for instructions on how to get your rebate and find your smartphone serial number.

So you don't need the reciept of purchase.Hp knows that most people won't keep reciepts so why would they make it that hard?!
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    from my email it says:

Our customers deserve something special. From July 1 through July 31, 2011, you may qualify for a $50 mail-in rebate off the purchase of a new 32GB HP TouchPad. This mail-in rebate is good wherever you shop for TouchPad, including any preorders or reservations.

*What you’ll need:*

1. Serial number of your eligible webOS smartphone*
    2. Receipt from your 32GB TouchPad purchase
    3. UPC code from your TouchPad package

Stay tuned for instructions on how to get your rebate and find your smartphone serial number.

So you don't need the reciept of purchase.Hp knows that most people won't keep reciepts so why would they make it that hard?!
    Thanks! That's good news for me.
    I have been happy with my Pre- since I got it very very early in the game "Launch Day", I have had only 1 replacement and even though I dropped by phone recently like 10 times it is still working good. So I am glad to see the phone brought me the good luck of $50 extra bucks in my pocket. Now I am thinking of actually getting the charging stand because I'll only be paying 20 bucks for it.

Also... I am eligible for a $150 upgrade on any new phones... So how about that Pre3 on Sprint.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Is there a link somewhere to the rebate? Am I missing something?
    But where is the rebate? Isn't there something that would need to be printed out and sent in?
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    But where is the rebate? Isn't there something that would need to be printed out and sent in?
    They haven't given out that info yet. From the email: "Stay tuned for instructions on how to get your rebate and find your smartphone serial number."
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    They haven't given out that info yet. From the email: "Stay tuned for instructions on how to get your rebate and find your smartphone serial number."
    Wow. I read this whole thread and all the emails posted, and somehow completely ignored that line. Thanks for setting me straight.
    Hmm $50 off now or wait 3 months till it's slashed down $100... Decisions

I will sell my serial for $10, any buyers?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Sent from my iPad2 lol... But for the person who said apple never did anything like this..

I bought the original iPhone for 600 dollars and after they dropped the price to 500 apple gave early adopters a 100 apple gift card to use on whatever we wanted to buy from apple.. Not just on a specific item
    I thought the price was a $200, and wasn't it literally 2 weeks after the device was released that Apple dropped from $599 to $399. That's a tad different than what's going on with this offer.
    Last edited by hparsons; 06/28/2011 at 06:54 PM.