Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    yep. Should be by active palm profiles
    Which would leave out those of us who gave up and went to the Veer, which I guess is sort of the point anyway (though not sure I would have jumped so fast if the pre minus got the update, but anyway...)
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    well they said they would release mroe details. we shall see... hopefully they can see ure profile and see if it is active. who know... its a decent deal. i was really hoping for 100 bux or more though...
    i hope with pre3 u could get a big discount with a new contract...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Doh! I moved last week and found (and pitched) my Pre receipt. I bought my phone from Sprint, though, I bet the purchase/activation is on a bill or something, too.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I think they should link it to your palm profile and give you $50 app catalog credit
    lol, ***...

Glad I didn't order my Touchpad until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepr View Post
    I think they should link it to your palm profile and give you $50 app catalog credit
    It's okay, I'll take cash.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    Well, I guess this qualifies as "making things right". Pretty lame, though.
    If they apply this to the 16gig I will buy one.
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    So this is why the launch have been delayed for months and months, to make sure as many as possible throw their reciepts away. I can't even get a credit card statement more than 15 months back.

I hope we get some kind of offer for devices bought in Europe, 2-3 weeks before it launch so plenty of time left to announce.
    Yep, that was HP's insideous plan from the beginning. Stall people to give them time to throw away their receipts (which they haven't even stated they are requiring yet). Yep, that was it. Surely.
    /sarcasm
    At least those kind of deal would never happen with a company like Apple. Go ask all those professional recording studios. They needed to through away all their all Mac OS 9/Motorola system. When Apple bought an audio software called Logic Audio way back they said to get rid of their PC and buy Macs if they wanted to use Logic as Apple would drop the windows version. We are talking about many 1000s of $$$.
    I am glad i never bought another Mac again since my Mac classic and my old Powerbook. That was painful to learn even though I never used Logic on PC. I don't believe Apple told anyone they would make it "right"... Ever.

That story is not linked to this thread, not directly anyway, but a little bit of perspective from past history could help.

Money is money and $50 is still money.
    So if they are planning on shipping 3M tablets over the next 12 months...... and if it upsets the 1000 people that come to this site with the $50 rebate and they lose a few customers......it's a molecule in a drop in a barrel. Just sayin.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    So if they are planning on shipping 3M tablets over the next 12 months...... and if it upsets the 1000 people that come to this site with the $50 rebate and they lose a few customers......it's a molecule in a drop in a barrel. Just sayin.
    hehe, true, if they only manage to sell 100,000, that would be 1% tho.
    Luckily, I purchased my Pre through Letstalk.com and still have a receipt in my email box. Between the $50 rebate from HP, $40 from Amazon for applying for their credit card and $90 in change I cashed in at Coinstar for an Amazon Gift Certificate, I'm feeling pretty good.
    Great news to me. I know it isnt as much as people hoped, but it is still $50 extra in your pocket. I think of it as with the $50, I can buy an accessory for the TouchPad, and in a sense, would be getting the 32 GB Touchpad for $600 with a free accessory.

I bought a Sprint Pre two years ago. How much can I really expect from HP just because they have moved on from 2009 and have made massive improvements to webOS and its devices? Its not their fault that 2 years have passed and the Sprint Pre is old news.

I say "Thanks for the $50!" and bring on the Preł

For those who are upset and want to vent, start a thread in the forum and have a group session.
    Last edited by LordSecksie; 06/28/2011 at 06:03 PM.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Would they really need a receipt? Shouldn't they be able to link it to your palm profile?
    The website said nothing about a receipt. It said "proof of purchase". There are many ways to provide proof of purchase. As is typical here, some folks are simply jumping the gun, and making things up as they go.

It's really sad the degree to which what should be a support forum is turned into a "I hate HP" forum.

Got better for a while, but we're back. Hope it starts improving again soon.
    email says S/N not recipt
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    email says S/N not recipt
    I haven't gotten the email yet. Could you post it to this thread?
    HP, did you fracking listen at all? I said I don't want no stinking tablet. A tablet does not replace a phone.

I'm still stuck with this bloody 3 year contract that costs me $480 + DECF to cancel.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSecksie View Post
    Great news to me. I know it isnt as much as people hoped, but it is still $50 extra in your pocket. I think of it as with the $50, I can buy an accessory for the TouchPad, and in a sense, would be getting the 32 GB Touchpad for $550 with a free accessory.

I bought a Sprint Pre two years ago. How much can I really expect from HP just because they have moved on from 2009 and have made massive improvements to webOS and its devices? Its not their fault that 2 years have passed and the Sprint Pre is old news.

I say "Thanks for the $50!" and bring on the Preł

For those who are upset and want to vent, start a thread in the forum and have a group session.
    Not quite ur getting the touchpad for 599 still and a free accessory or the touchpad for 550 and a case for 50 so u still pay 600 not 550
    Having trouble viewing this email? See it online.

Our customers deserve something special. From July 1 through July 31, 2011, you may qualify for a $50 mail-in rebate off the purchase of a new 32GB HP TouchPad. This mail-in rebate is good wherever you shop for TouchPad, including any preorders or reservations.
    What you’ll need:
    1. Serial number of your eligible webOS smartphone*
    2. Receipt from your 32GB TouchPad purchase
    3. UPC code from your TouchPad package

Stay tuned for instructions on how to get your rebate and find your smartphone serial number.

* Eligible smartphones are Palm Pre, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi, and Palm Pixi Plus.

Internet access within wireless coverage area only. Wi-Fi within range of 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi network. Some Wi-Fi hotspots may require fee for usage. Not all web content may be available. Email and related information required for setup and activation.
    © 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Not all apps available on all devices. All screen images simulated.
    Privacy Policy
    The content of this message is based on your HP Newsletter profile. To modify your profile or unsubscribe, click here. Or, unsubscribe by replying to this message with “unsubscribe” as the subject line of the message.
    Hewlett-Packard Company, 950 W Maude Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94085-2801
    jcm888 likes this.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast