Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Hrm...this might be a problem. Thanks for the info though.
    Yea, I bought my Pre early June 2009 so I guess I'm out of luck.
    I hope they offer this for the Pre 3 bc I don't need a tablet. I've had my Pre+ on ATT for a year now & it's still working & in good shape, but I'd take a Pre 3.

I just want to say that I hope that they do this for the Pre 3 bc I think that would be more valuable of an offer to the current owners.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    There will probably be other ways to satisfy the proof of purchase requirement other than using a receipt. The post said that details are to follow via email.

I sincerely hope though that the offer is expanded to include the 16GB model... then the deal is golden. As it stands, the 32GB model is horribly overpriced to begin with. $100 more for just an extra 16GB of storage? That's ludicrous in my opinion.
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    So this is why the launch have been delayed for months and months, to make sure as many as possible throw their reciepts away. I can't even get a credit card statement more than 15 months back.

I hope we get some kind of offer for devices bought in Europe, 2-3 weeks before it launch so plenty of time left to announce.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Shame they didn't announce this prior to starting pre-ordering. I might have pre-ordered the 32 GB had I known. As it is I have a 16 GB ordered and unlikely to benefit.

Odd timing. HP shouldn't be training consumers to wait instead of jumping to buy their products.
    I would actually upgrade to a 32gb if Best Buy can swap my preorder around... only 50 bucks more for double memory. not bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    So this is why the launch have been delayed for months and months, to make sure as many as possible throw their reciepts away. I can't even get a credit card statement more than 15 months back.
    hehe, although I am not sure thats the reason, I do feel extremely sad that HP is actually make exceeding conditions for loyal customers to get $50 discount.

If they can check your S/N on line to tell you "no update for you", they sure can built a simple database and do rebate that way.

Not to mention that limit of 32GB only.

They really don't care, they just want to get more from you, thats it.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    hehe, although I am not sure thats the reason, I do feel extremely sad that HP is actually make exceeding conditions for loyal customers to get $50 discount.

If they can check your S/N on line to tell you "no update for you", they sure can built a simple database and do rebate that way.

Not to mention that limit of 32GB only.

They really don't care, they just want to get more from you, thats it.
    Good luck finding a tablet you like thats made by a not-for-profit.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    its a pretty good deal if u add the sams club discount... thats nearly 70 bux off... not bad at all...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    this does not help me and my 16gb purchase.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nshave8881 View Post
    I would actually upgrade to a 32gb if Best Buy can swap my preorder around... only 50 bucks more for double memory. not bad
    I was wondering the same thing. Again a real shame HP couldn't have announced this prior to June 19 (which would have made more sense).
    If Obama could come up with a birth certificate, we can come up with a receipt.

No seriously, what do you suppose HP should ask for? Send in your old pre? A screenshot of your carrier's account online that shows which phone you have? And it seems like this offer is only for US customers... be glad they're offering something.
    in the end, they don't owe you or any Palm user anything, regardless of what they said about "making it right". It didn't matter what they decided to do to make it right , most folks would find a reason to complain - it's in our nature. Well, it's in the P|C communities nature, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Midway99; 06/28/2011 at 06:08 PM. Reason: quoted language removed
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    And it seems like this offer is only for US customers...
    Canada too
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Would they really need a receipt? Shouldn't they be able to link it to your palm profile?
    I don't fall into this category, but if I did, I don't think I'd be too impressed with this offer. If they made it a flat $50 off your next WebOS purchase, that'd be one thing. But they are restricting the discount to the most expensive WebOS item to buy. Obviously, they're trying to "bribe" people into buying the TP.

Anyway, they weren't obligated to do anything so I guess people can't complain too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Would they really need a receipt? Shouldn't they be able to link it to your palm profile?
    You would think so. Just make it more difficult than it should be for you.
    As far as the receipt issue goes, you can use your bank statement or credit card statement to get reprints of a receipt. I've had to do that before for a couple things. Not sure the exact process I went through, but I know I went to my bank statement and found that transaction and got a reprint receipt. I think I just went through my bank and didn't deal with the retailer at all.
    yep. Should be by active palm profiles
    good for HP
    Actually quite the deal.. get the larger one for just 50 bucks, instead of a 100.

thou, i must admit, i would much rather have them ship me a free case since it's equal value in dollars (not margin obviously)
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast