Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    HP is telling people via twitter a web site with all details is on the way. Hopefully soon (prior to Friday)...

Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    HP is telling people via twitter a web site with all details is on the way. Hopefully soon (prior to Friday)...

Twitter
    My money is on them not releasing it by July 1st.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    OK, for all you people that feel so "wronged" by HP. What is it exactly that you are missing out on? What features are so important in 2.0 that make you so angry not to have? I love updates as much as the next guy but it isnt exactly something im "owed".
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post

Twitter
    Thanks for that - missed it somehow. I'm sure they're not going to deny valid claims (or if they do accidentally, they'll have an appeals process). I'm not too worried about not having received the email (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    OK, for all you people that feel so "wronged" by HP. What is it exactly that you are missing out on? What features are so important in 2.0 that make you so angry not to have? I love updates as much as the next guy but it isnt exactly something im "owed".
    Best to leave that explosive issue alone, methinks ...
    I'm looking forward to saving $50 as I was getting the 32g anyway. With no shipping or tax from Amazon i'll get the touchstone and case for about nothing! I'm happy! :-)
    This is what Jon Zilber wrote on Palm's website (my emphasis added):
    This really isn't intended to specifically address the issues that specific customers might be facing (e.g., deciding to stick with Sprint and in need of updated webOS hardware). That would be logistically impossible. It's intended more generally as a thank-you (and as an incentive) for early adopters. It's really that simple.

We know there are lots of folks who are weighing a choice between a newer webOS phone vs. a newer phone on Sprint. As many have pointed out, we don't control Sprint's product plans, and people will make the choices they make.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Exactly....Sprint decided not to be first in line for the Pre 3 so they are willing to let many (me for one) of us walk (I'll be running) to another carrier (Verizon) to get updated webOS hardware. Foolish mistake.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Where did you see that?

What about those who are stuck (but not decided to) with Bell and need updates?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    It would just be nice for them to follow up on the "making it right" comment once and for all.

6 months after the fact it would just be nice to finally put a nail in the coffin of those words or at least say they are still intending to do something.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, seems sprint is finally realizing the mistake its making about the pre3. but at this point, even if sprint should decide to get the pre3 in stock, i pretty much convinced myself that att would be a far better choice. yes i would pay more but i would also get 3.5g and be able to surf and talk at the same time.
    the only way i can see myself staying is if the pre3 comes out for sprint the same date as other carriers.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    It would just be nice for them to follow up on the "making it right" comment once and for all.

6 months after the fact it would just be nice to finally put a nail in the coffin of those words or at least say they are still intending to do something.
    I think its now clear, from those reviews, that HP marketing was trying to court more buyers ahead of the flood of reviews. It was not really a designed, thoroughly thought through, attempt to "make things right".
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I think its now clear, from those reviews, that HP marketing was trying to court more buyers ahead of the flood of reviews. It was not really a designed, thoroughly thought through, attempt to "make things right".
    Or could be both attracting more buyers AND a pathetic attempt at an "alternative plan". Can go both ways. Depends on whether you see half empty or half full.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Where did you see that?

What about those who are stuck (but not decided to) with Bell and need updates?
    On Palm's website.
    As his explanation noted, "This really isn't intended to specifically address the issues that specific customers might be facing (e.g., deciding to stick with Sprint and in need of updated webOS hardware)." I would infer from the statement that it's also not intended to specifically address issues with Bell.

From his statement, this has nothing to do with cellular providers, it's "a thank-you (and as an incentive) for early adopters. It's really that simple."
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post

I agree. The problem though (and he hinted at that with the "logistically impossible" statement) is how do they "make it right" at this point in time?

There's no Pre 3 for anyone yet.
    There apparently won't be a Pre 3 for the largest bulk of the early Pre adopters (Sprint users)

So, how would they fulfill that promise at this time.

I don't think they can. Not yet. I'm really beginning to believe that my guess was closer than I originally thought. I believe they'll have multiple similar offers, and eventually say "We tried to get everyone, hope we succeeded".
    On Palm's website.
    As his explanation noted, "This really isn't intended to specifically address the issues that specific customers might be facing (e.g., deciding to stick with Sprint and in need of updated webOS hardware)." I would infer from the statement that it's also not intended to specifically address issues with Bell.

From his statement, this has nothing to do with cellular providers, it's "a thank-you (and as an incentive) for early adopters. It's really that simple."
    Yes, but which one? Link?

I checked blog.palm.com and it's not there.

I saw an email somewhere that said you need your Pre serial number (not a receipt) and a receipt for the TouchPad to get the rebate. That's easy enough for me, I'm happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Yes, but which one? Link?

I checked blog.palm.com and it's not there.
    It's a Palm site, but is by invitation from Palm. However, there are several other users on here that know the site, and can confirm that it's what he said.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Just an fyi... I was pressing Palm on Twitter about my specific question... can you get the rebate on an inactive (but still in your possession) Pre minus, and whether we would know for sure by Best Buy's opening tomorrow. They said full details will be out "soon." I fear the lack of a direct answer means I won't know by 10am tomorrow, but we shall see...

Twitter
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910