Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By FenrirWolf
  • 1 Post By danbailey007
  1.    #1  
    German tablet website tabletcommunity.de yesterday evening catched an official HP pdf-document (or a screenshot from it), with some specs of the Touchpad inside.

Interestingly, there were 3 new things mentioned:
    - white model
    - 64GB
    - 1.5 GHz

As soon as they reached out to HP Germany, the document was taken offline and no answer was given.

Screenshot of the pdf:

Source:
    HP TouchPad in weiß, mit 1,5GHz-Prozessor und 64GB Speicher? » Tablet Community
    Wow, great find.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    1.5ghz = TouchPad Pro?
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Maybe all of them will be clocked at 1.5ghz?

last minute design change

edit: I can't read the whole thing before I post, but that would be sweet
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

5.    #5  
    to be honest...I'm a little bit afraid, that to catch up on Apple, they will try to release new products more often.

You know...like a Touchpad v1.0 in july, Touchpad v1.1 in september, Touchpad v1.2 in december, Touchpad v2.0 in april, ...

(remember, that when we got the first pdf-document about the touchpad here on precentral, there was mentioned a "Touchpad v1.0" on the bottom!)
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    (remember, that when we got the first pdf-document about the touchpad here on precentral, there was mentioned a "Touchpad v1.0" on the bottom!)
    That was the document version, not the hardware version.
    this would be great.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I read elsewhere on the forums that the touchpad processor is rated for 1.5GHz but is clocked at 1.2 for the touchpad. So a 1.5 overclock should be possible without much hassle
    IGNTNUNLMTD likes this.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    It's the exact same proc for the 1.2 and 1.5 GHz so yeah.
    Do the 'Preinstalled' and 'Supported' headings apply only to the OS spec or to all the specs. If all, then that supports that the CPU is actually a 1.5 underclocked at 1.2. Interestingly, there are two CPUs listed, with identical model numbers and just different clock speeds so the underclocking theory REALLY seems to be the case and NOT different version of the touchpad.
    I've just found specs for a white 64GB Touchpad on the Tesco website, priced at £559.00 so could it be possibly coming out soon?

HP TouchPad 64GB wifi - Tesco.Direct
    Rnp likes this.
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Nice find! I'd save a copy of that before it is pulled.
    Quote Originally Posted by danbailey007 View Post
    I've just found specs for a white 64GB Touchpad on the Tesco website, priced at £559.00 so could it be possibly coming out soon?

HP TouchPad 64GB wifi - Tesco.Direct
    Nice find. I note it says "White" rather than "Glossy Black". Does this mean it's going to be matt like the Veer.

If it had GPS, I would be tempted to go for this model.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I'll buy a white HP Touchpad with 3G and GPS!

Hopefully it's not coming too late
    Just been checking the Tesco website again, the 64GB version had disappeared for a while but is now back with a note saying *THIS PRODUCT IS AVAILABLE ESTIMATED FROM LATE SEPTEMBER*

Do you think we will see a price drop for the other versions when this comes out?
    We've already seen a price drop on the existing versions. =P

What I figure is that the new model will follow a similar path. Starts off at a high asking price, but then various rebates or other deals will show up later on down the line.