Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Just got back from my local Walmart and I've got some great videos I'm uploading to youtube right now. Links to follow...

Update:

I got to my local Walmart (Orem, UT) and got them to pull this fresh out of the packaging and fire it up for me to play around with.

Looks great. Was a bit laggy because of the 'demo' mode which kept trying to play and launch--I think it runs constantly in the background.

Feels great in the hand and I wowed the Walmart employees later by showing them multitasking and answering a phone call from my Sprint Pre- through the touchpad.
    Last edited by cwhead321; 06/28/2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: new info
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Packaging:

Internet and general use:

Wow great content!!! Can't wait now.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    This looks great.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    You're in Orem? Lucky. I'm in Logan, and no one has them out of their displays t be played with.

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    ooohhh la la....
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLandfair View Post
    You're in Orem? Lucky. I'm in Logan, and no one has them out of their displays t be played with.

This one was in an hp shipping box under the display and I just asked them to take it out so I could see it and they did!
    Wow, if that demo is what was slowing it down and making it unresponsive, that's horrible. That's going to make a LOT of people think the tablet sucks. It was as slow as a Pre- with 10 apps open.
    I was reading some guys review, and he was talking about keyboard lag, I didn't see any lag on the vid. There was some lag, but I think it was due to the fact, that it had just been connected to the internet.
    HURRY UP FRIDAY!!!!

Nice! Can't wait for Friday.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nshave8881 View Post
    I was reading some guys review, and he was talking about keyboard lag, I didn't see any lag on the vid. There was some lag, but I think it was due to the fact, that it had just been connected to the internet.
    HURRY UP FRIDAY!!!!
    I agree. When I connected it to freetether that was the first time this unit has been connected to the internet since it left the factory. There was a 'checking for updates' notification there. Plus, it was installing all the bloatware games, apps, and sample data.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwhead321 View Post
    This one was in an hp shipping box under the display and I just asked them to take it out so I could see it and they did!
    WTH. I had been to that Orem store 3 times trying to get them to open it and show me and they wouldn't.

Lucky bastage.
    answering a phone call from my Sprint Pre- through the touchpad.
    This. This is brilliant news especially if it applies to all phones capable of bluetooth call forwarding
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    WTH. I had been to that Orem store 3 times trying to get them to open it and show me and they wouldn't.

Lucky bastage.
    Try again now that I've sweet talked them into opening it up.
    Did you see the other TouchPet videos from cwhead321
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Wow, if that demo is what was slowing it down and making it unresponsive, that's horrible. That's going to make a LOT of people think the tablet sucks. It was as slow as a Pre- with 10 apps open.
    I notice that no matter the product demo units are usually laggy and unrespnsive. I used an ipad 2 at best buy and the unit was slow and took long for apps to open. The same thing when i tried the xoom at a verizon store. The thing is when i used my friends ipad and xoom non of these lag or unresposiveness in those models.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I'm gonna have to call around and see if any places around me have them out. I just traded in my iPad 2 for a Galaxy Tab 10.1 last week and now this is coming out. I've always loved the Pre and webOS although I've never owned one. Depending on how the TouchPad is, I may be switching over from Android to webOS. It just doesn't seem very smooth in the videos. I know there is a demo running in the background, but it shouldn't be slowing down the device that much. Makes me a bit skeptical and worried about taking the risk with it. I'll probably end up waiting for a few reviews and try it out a few times myself before taking the plunge.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Did you see the other TouchPet videos from cwhead321
    HaHa thats our dog Phil. He's the bomb!
    great video man
    thanks for that.. probably one of the better ones we've seen

every time your phone went off i thought it was mine.. but then i realized it was yours in the video

can't wait till July 15
    HaHa thats our dog Phil. He's the bomb!
    Yes its a touchPET.
    Thanks for the vid.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast