Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    great video man
    thanks for that.. probably one of the better ones we've seen

every time your phone went off i thought it was mine.. but then i realized it was yours in the video

can't wait till July 15
    haha I was getting a bunch of work emails.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    the second half of the video was a lot smoother. i'm surprised it went so well off tethering from a sprint pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Wow, if that demo is what was slowing it down and making it unresponsive, that's horrible. That's going to make a LOT of people think the tablet sucks. It was as slow as a Pre- with 10 apps open.
    +1.

I know that the demo is necessary to compensate for, um, poorly informed sales personnel, but it's certainly a double-edged sword.
    Thanks a lot for the videos! Nice to find that tethering and calling work. No texting we could live with.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Also great to see that flash works pretty decently. To bad the update came in at the end of the video though...
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Did that Touchpad boot up in less than 10 seconds?
    NNJ
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Did that Touchpad boot up in less than 10 seconds?
    No. I would guess it was less than 60 though.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Great video
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Thanks for the videos.

Was it Youtube or the demo device that was buggy? I sat there saying to myself "Sweet, lets see a Jordan clip" and it ended up showing Stockton?!?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Off topic: Did you say john stockton was the greatest of all time?! You can't be serious!!You ever heard of Micheal Jordan?! John Stockton wasn good but he wasn't even a Larry Bird.If I'm not mistaken jordan stopped him from getting a few rings.Unless you were kidding.

Back on topic: Nice video,
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwhead321 View Post
    No. I would guess it was less than 60 though.
    The unboxing video is 1 minute long. They started taking stuff out the box at the start of the video. It looks to me like they took the Touchpad out at 30 secs, but at 40 secs they started playing with it.
    NNJ
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Ok Ok I know and admit that Jordan (not Stockton) was the GOAT. It was just a little homage to my boyhood hero. After he hit 'the shot' to send us (yes I include myself there--I'm that big a fan) to the finals the first time we drove to the SLC airport to welcome back home the team. Enough said about that.

Seriously though, hooking it up to my pre- for that phone call was awesome and without that stupid demo running I can tell this thing will blaze. It's getting so hard to keep telling myself I'll wait for a netflix app or when they have it on sale down the road...
    Quote Originally Posted by cwhead321 View Post
    Ok Ok I know and admit that Jordan (not Stockton) was the GOAT. It was just a little homage to my boyhood hero. After he hit 'the shot' to send us (yes I include myself there--I'm that big a fan) to the finals the first time we drove to the SLC airport to welcome back home the team. Enough said about that.

Seriously though, hooking it up to my pre- for that phone call was awesome and without that stupid demo running I can tell this thing will blaze. It's getting so hard to keep telling myself I'll wait for a netflix app or when they have it on sale down the road...
    just buy it dude

you'll sleep better at night

all-in
    So if it tethers with a pre minus will it tether with a pixi plus? ?
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    great video man
    thanks for that.. probably one of the better ones we've seen

every time your phone went off i thought it was mine.. but then i realized it was yours in the video

can't wait till July 15
    Okay, I don't feel so stupid now for grabbing my phone about 4 times before I realized where the notification sound was coming from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siah1214 View Post
    So if it tethers with a pre minus will it tether with a pixi plus? ?
    If you can use a Bluetooth headset with a pixi, then you can use the call-forwarding on Touchpad with one.

<edit> - sorry, didn't notice your post had to do with tethering. I don't know about Pixis, but if you can get Freetether working on one, you should be able to tether it just fine.

My wife and I just took a cross-country drive. She has an LG Lotus, so internet browsing is sub-optimal. However, she brought along an iPod (prolly about 5 years old), I fired up Freetether and she was able to web-browse while I was avoiding deer on the highway.
    "No texting we could live with."

You might find alot of people would rather have the texting feature instead of making calls on the Touchpad.
    mmmm auhhhhhh touchpad... <3
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    "No texting we could live with."

You might find alot of people would rather have the texting feature instead of making calls on the Touchpad.
    If you have the TouchPad wouldn't you prefer to use Google Chat or another client?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12