1.    #1  
    For all those who went to best buy or walmart and got to play with the playbook did any of you guys also play with the playbook or a honeycomb tab. If so how did they stack up in regard to feel and native apps?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Never used a playbook, but I love the tPad!

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ered-more.html
    yes, i played with it. my experiance with it convinced me to buy one. i'll be ordering mine tonight from amazon with 1 day shipping with my amazon prime.
    I played with a Galaxy Tab and another Android tablet (can't remember name now... they all tend to blur together). I find Android tablet experience to be annoying, to say the least. Every single one is completely different from the last one, no consistency. The Galaxy Tab looks smooth and its fun to scroll around etc. but functionality wise: I launched about 4 or 5 apps, 3 crashed before launching, the other two were extremely laggy. The autofocus camera on the back was actually pretty nice, when it worked. Other than that, I really disliked Android. I'm not sure what version it was running, but it just felt mashed up. After using the Touchpad and then My Pre 2, they both just seem to flow together so nicely. Even though they're running an entire version apart (and Enyo vs. Mojo), there's still this solid feeling of consistency and familiarity. I feel the "ecosystem" thing that HP talks about a lot while using these two devices. I guess I understand why Apple ******'s can't get back to using any other device. Once you get used to/familiar with the environment, it feels amazing and completely fluid to go between any device size. Android, while having specs and feature sets on paper, just doesn't seem to stack up on a personal/comfort level, at least for me.
    I played with the Acer Iconia at BB. They didn't have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 at the time. Mostly I wanted to compare portrait mode vs landscape mode smoothness. It was pretty much what I had read about before (android issue 15958), that Honeycomb/Tegra2 tablets take a performance hit in Portrait mode.

There was a noticeable difference in smoothness in scrolling in portrait vs landscape. The UI and browser lags and had stutters when in portrait mode.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude90210 View Post
    I played with the Acer Iconia at BB. They didn't have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 at the time. Mostly I wanted to compare portrait mode vs landscape mode smoothness. It was pretty much what I had read about before (android issue 15958), that Honeycomb/Tegra2 tablets take a performance hit in Portrait mode.

There was a noticeable difference in smoothness in scrolling in portrait vs landscape. The UI and browser lags and had stutters when in portrait mode.
    I heard that most android tablets stutter in potrait mode. This however isn't a deal for me as i would only use potratit mode when using kindle.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I gave my iPad 2 to my girlfriend and now own a Galaxy Tab 10.1 which I love. I've played with the Playbook quite a bit as well. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the TouchPad and may even return my Tab which I bought last week if the TouchPad does impress me. But from the videos of it being played with in Walmart, it looks like it's quite laggy and it's making me a bit worried. Even with the demo program running, it shouldn't lag that much.
    I went to my nearest Frye's Electronic store and I compared tablets. I thought the HP TP was nice and pretty quick in performance but the model I had didn't have much apps on it, I wanted to see the Media player and test out the Beats audio but there was no player. They didn't have a Tab and some of the other Android competitor's tablets were busted. They had a cheap Mylong but you get what you pay for with that product. I think HP TP will do well with the current market.
    Quote Originally Posted by gianf150 View Post
    I went to my nearest Frye's Electronic store and I compared tablets. I thought the HP TP was nice and pretty quick in performance but the model I had didn't have much apps on it, I wanted to see the Media player and test out the Beats audio but there was no player. They didn't have a Tab and some of the other Android competitor's tablets were busted. They had a cheap Mylong but you get what you pay for with that product. I think HP TP will do well with the current market.
    I tried a TP yesterday at Fry's (Zanker in SJ). The demo was laggy in places, but the apps themselves seemed quick. No Facebook app. The sales critter was pitching Galaxy Tab 10.

I've played with Playbook (very smooth), Galaxy Tab 7 and Acer Iconia at Staples. The Android tabs work similarly to the phones. Android has the advantage of a large number of apps. In the end, that is what will make or break TP. Hopefully, Mojo apps will work okay until a large number are ported to ENYO.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan