Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Wow! Nice find! Our first TouchPad unboxing before the release date!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  2.    #3  
    TouchPad connects with Pre minus running 2.1 over bluetooth and can take calls presumably as Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile device
    I wonder how he got this so early.. I'm jealous.
    Sprint Love
  4.    #5  
    he won in the hp facebook competition - mentioned at the beginning of the thread. it's a prerelease modell as germany atm only has these. next week it'll be changed with the real one
    Here are the pictures in the German forum. I was also kinda surprised to see that they all read PreCentral. At least enough to want to try out the new Angry Birds thing in the blog post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I seriously can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Curious what keyboard the german version comes with or if it its possible to swap between QWERTZ, QWERTY and different localized versions.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
  9.    #10  
    Profile sharing with 2.1 Pre minus works including all free and paid apps. Apps run like expected in Phone emulation mode.
    swipe up gesture works for launcher.
    What surprised me is:
    Und da ja die Profile seit neustem auch für mehrere Geräte geeignet sind, ist mein Pre immer noch voll.
    Means:
    Since the profile is capable of syncing to multiple devices my pre still is untouched.

Seems he synced his pre- running 2.1 with the same profile as the touchpad.
    I just ask him if this is true. Here the answer:
    Habe ich gemacht und zum Glück geht das.

Nur der App Catalog will nicht funktionieren. Vorhin ließ er sich noch öffnen, jetzt geht gar nix mehr. Vielleicht sind die da etwas überlastet.
    Translation:
    Yes I used the same profile and it works. Only the appcatalog is not working now. Some time before it worked.

I didn't expect that you already can use the same profile with a 2.1 device.
  12.    #13  
    yes that's great, so no hoping for a release of 2.2 for those legacys, profile sharing works out of the box for 2.1 devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Profile sharing with 2.1 Pre minus works including all free and paid apps. Apps run like expected in Phone emulation mode.
    swipe up gesture works for launcher.
    Oh you mentioned that before ;-)
    I was to late. But this is really great news.
    Thanks
  14.    #15  
    Skype incl. video seems to work out of the box: TouchPad Pretest - Hardware - Nexave Palmforum
    what is the version and build number for the webOS it came with? And did it offer an updated version or say that it's still the most current version? I want to compare it to what I find at Best Buy
    oooooooo......shiny
  17.    #18  
    New Facebook screencaptures: TouchPad Pretest - Hardware - Nexave Palmforum

- Calendar seems to be a bit slow and also only syncs 4 weeks backward.
    - 720p fullscreen vids are running fine

App Updates today:
    Adobe Reader
    Quick Office (still no edititing)
    App Catalog
    Box (which seems to be the "Box 50GB TouchPad"-App --> Box.net offering 50GB Free Cloud Storage to TouchPad Owners | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net )
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Curious what keyboard the german version comes with or if it its possible to swap between QWERTZ, QWERTY and different localized versions.
    erh of course... hey all pres/pixis/veers (except for the pre2) exist with localized hardware layout, so i would be really surprized if they for no reason crippled localization on webos3

the only thing i wonder is if its switchable on the fly.
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gnark View Post
    erh of course... hey all pres/pixis/veers (except for the pre2) exist with localized hardware layout, so i would be really surprized if they for no reason crippled localization on webos3

the only thing i wonder is if its switchable on the fly.
    Well, its not proper localization so far because some countries got more letters in their alphabet than a UK/US layout meaning they have to tap the SYM-key quite a bit to be able to type in there native language.

Look at this picture of the Touchpads German keyboard layout.

Compare it to a proper German QWERTZ-layout.

Notice how the Touchpad lack three letters (next to the letters P and L).
    I can understand why these were omitted on the tiny hardware keyboards of the Pre and Pixi but on tablets with virtual keyboard space ain't as limited.

Im not sure how a virtual keyboard for a German Android or iPad tablet looks like but on the Swedish versions you get a full keyboard.
    Last edited by Andreas; 06/29/2011 at 09:11 AM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast