1.    #1  
    I just received an alert from my Amex card (I have alerts setup) that HP had charged my card for the amount of the TouchPad order. I seem to recall that the HP rep said the card would only be charged when the order is ready for shipment.

Although the order status page still shows a July 2nd shipment with July 3rd delivery (which isn't correct, as per the HP rep), I'm hoping the status will change through the day or perhaps tomorrow.

Anyone else noticed this charge this morning? I can almost see the Fedex package making its way towards its final destination...
    This sounds like a great opportunity to call and play the jerky customer.

"I was told I would not be charged until it ships, so it better be on a plane today or refund my money"

Please do so, because if they really are shipping early, I will be calling my HP rep pronto
  3.    #3  
    You have got to stop reading my mind... I'm actually on hold with HP now.
    Now, now, be nice to those folks! Do you know how hard it was juggling twelve different stories about one product all in an attempt to close the sale?!

Good luck: you may be Early Adopter Double -O -One if yours shows up on Friday!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Mine says estimated ship of 7/10. He said the accessories would ship later, but I sent him an email to confirm what is happening with the Touchpad shipment itself.
    Edit: He said it will indeed ship 7/1 and probably deliver 7/5. Fair enough.

My order status says "credit approved" but my credit card does not show a transaction. I assume the credit card company only shows settled transactions. I work for a logistics company and our standard practice is to settle the credit card upon shipment.
    Last edited by drimo; 06/28/2011 at 08:11 AM.
  6.    #6  
    HP rep says most likely (since she can't see it yet in her systems, as the charge is quite recent) the shipment is about to be released from the warehouse.

Great, if the delivery happens on the 1st, I'll have to make a trip to work, where the delivery was set to be. I'm working from home that day...
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    wow seems like u may get it by friday -=)
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Great, if the delivery happens on the 1st, I'll have to make a trip to work, where the delivery was set to be. I'm working from home that day...
    Best laid plans... I absolutely believe that on the HP Touchpad release date - didn't you pre-order one at BB? - you will be hard at work doing your usual and customary job duties... So if it shows up at the office, how do you sneak in there and then sneak out with out having spend the day working diligently at your desk?
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    I have a feeling that in the HP T&Cs it says something about them reserving the right to charge your card because the pre-authorisation amount for the purchase expires after a set number of days....it might be imagining that though..
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    Best laid plans... I absolutely believe that on the HP Touchpad release date - didn't you pre-order one at BB? - you will be hard at work doing your usual and customary job duties... So if it shows up at the office, how do you sneak in there and then sneak out with out having spend the day working diligently at your desk?
    I actually have a three-pronged approach to ensure I maximize my chances to get a TouchPad on July 1st:

- HP SMB pre-ordered on 6/20, though I never expected (and still don't) that this will net me a TouchPad. But at least will guarantee me one by the 5th, should there be any shortages, which I now doubt will be the case. This is being delivered at work.

- BBY pre-ordered on 6/25: this seems the best bet to get a TouchPad on 7/1, though I'm waiting a day more to call them and inquire about their inventory.

- Walmart at midnight: this actually seems to be the safest bet, but again, nothing is guaranteed.

Since I'll be home on Friday, if the mailroom guy (who I believe cannot wait for the TouchPad to arrive, if only for me to simply shut up about it calls me with the good news, I'll simply make a trip to the office to pick it up.

//edit: for those taking notice in the peanut gallery, yes, there's a chance I may end up with two TouchPads. I'm debating if I'll simply return one or sell it on eBay... Hmmm, maybe I should create a poll?