Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I think SMS works as well but you must be signed I to your profile from the TP so all contacts sync although I can't confirm this.

Do you just "think" it works, using a legacy device running webOS 1.4.5 or have you or someone you know of actually seen it work? Big difference.

Now that Touchpads are showing up in the wild, I'm done postulating, and want to know if it works in real life or not.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  2. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    with the developers (and the special people) having tPad's from HP it would seem more info (maybe a screen shot) could be posted . . . any1 able to provide anymore insight on the 1.4.5 and tPad interation?

1 July can't get here quick enough
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Now that Touchpads are showing up in the wild, I'm done postulating, and want to know if it works in real life or not.
    The problem with actually trying one of them "in the wild" is that you must log the device into your profile. I suspect most folks are going to be pretty hesitant to do this on a demo unit that's not theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    with the developers (and the special people) having tPad's from HP it would seem more info (maybe a screen shot) could be posted . . . any1 able to provide anymore insight on the 1.4.5 and tPad interation?

1 July can't get here quick enough
    Anyone who has a device early from HP, should be under NDA and unable to post any screen shots unless approved by HP.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    It does work for phone, but not for SMS. I tried it myself with 1.4.5 Sprint Pre-.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ered-more.html
    Maybe we can ask nicely and have someone code in the bluetooth profile we are missing. I am sure it could be done.

& That is right in regards to the NDA. If anything posted, we would get the boot. That is why i rather see it as it comes to the Central and post my opinion on what people find.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    I did this today at Best Buy with my Pre running 1.4.5. My father called me and I was able to answer and talk to him. All the fun of talking on a speaker phone, but I totally geeked out.

What I found most interesting was the TouchPad's name: Palm Device.

Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    I wonder if this means that it will work with every bt phone.
    The TouchPad's Bluetooth Preferences screen has a menu of device types to look for and one of them is "webOS phone" so while it may be technically possible, the TouchPad's software may limit how much this actually works. I do think it would be wise for HP to allow any capable phones to push phone calls and text messages onto the TouchPad. Get people hooked on webOS now and then they will want a webOS phone when their contract expires.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12