Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey folks..has there been any announcement regarding HDMI output on the TP yet. This would be the only thing that will make me wait on the Opal if the TP doesn't have the capabilities. Ive posted on HP FB wall and no one has answered me yet.

Thanks,
    On sept 9th they announced that the TouchPad that goes on sale july 1st will not have it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    On sept 9th they announced that the TouchPad that goes on sale july 1st will not have it.
    Oh wow!!!!! Useless!!
    totally useless i was only going to use mine with my tv. never without so it's completely useless. *extreme sarcasm*
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by corn13read View Post
    totally useless i was only going to use mine with my tv. never without so it's completely useless. *extreme sarcasm*
    I understand its other uses my friend but this is supposed to be a buisness oriented tablet that is defenitely supposed to support any type of video out if it didn't have the market standard HDMI. From a business standpoint and what I need it for it will be useless to me and many!! Just doesn't make sense. I still think its a secret that just hasn't been let out yet. No HDMI or video out?? Nawwww can't be
    You can't pigeon hole the "business use" term to mean that it MUST have video out. There are countless uses for a tablet without video out and the TouchPad would definitely fit the bill.

I'm quite sure that an "uber" TouchPad will be announced ("TouchPad Pro" perhaps?) that will have video out and all the bells and whistles.
    The Qualcomm chipset used in the Touchpad supports HDMI video out (mirrored) if i'm not mistaken. Don't know if that it means the Touchpad can utilize the chips ability in some form though. I'm hoping...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    You can't pigeon hole the "business use" term to mean that it MUST have video out. There are countless uses for a tablet without video out and the TouchPad would definitely fit the bill.

I'm quite sure that an "uber" TouchPad will be announced ("TouchPad Pro" perhaps?) that will have video out and all the bells and whistles.
    what kind of business uses is touchpad addressing then?

Lets refrain from predicting future since thats not a sure thing. and, whatever a "touchpad pro" may or may not have, really have no impact on touchpad itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by splisskin View Post
    The Qualcomm chipset used in the Touchpad supports HDMI video out (mirrored) if i'm not mistaken. Don't know if that it means the Touchpad can utilize the chips ability in some form though. I'm hoping...
    They may be able to come up with some convertor, we shall see. hopefully won't be too expensive.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post

Hahaha ..this is laughable..I understand that you are a fan of this product and you want it to succeed. Trust me and I do as well..But in this case you are out numbered my friend. In a world with Hulu, netflix, youtube and all of the other countless media avenues out there it is important that HP fixes this foolishness. I mean what were they thinking when they did this??? We are going to beat the Ipad1??? Laughable..and like I said i think this is a mistake..There is no way it doesn't have HDMI or a video out..lol..I just know better. Even the 350 transformer has HDMI out
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dguidry12 View Post
    Hahaha ..this is laughable..I understand that you are a fan of this product and you want it to succeed. Trust me and I do as well..But in this case you are out numbered my friend. In a world with Hulu, netflix, youtube and all of the other countless media avenues out there it is important that HP fixes this foolishness. I mean what were they thinking when they did this??? We are going to beat the Ipad1??? Laughable..and like I said i think this is a mistake..There is no way it doesn't have HDMI or a video out..lol..I just know better. Even the 350 transformer has HDMI out
    Heck that horrid "cruz" tablet has HDMI output..This is why i think that HP is hiding something.. I just wish they would state it already.
    Not all business situations require a video out...just sayin.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Oh wow!!!!! Useless!!
    I have found that tablets are not very portable if I also have to carry a bluetooth keyboard and a 42 inch flatscreen TV.
    I understand its other uses my friend but this is supposed to be a buisness oriented tablet that is defenitely supposed to support any type of video out if it didn't have the market standard HDMI. From a business standpoint and what I need it for it will be useless to me and many!! Just doesn't make sense. I still think its a secret that just hasn't been let out yet. No HDMI or video out?? Nawwww can't be
    something to look forward to on the TouchPad-2
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLandfair View Post
    Not all business situations require a video out...just sayin.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I bet that at least 80% of business environment does. Hey it does not good in trying to defend something the TP does not have that cost only 3$ and brings a world of functionality with at just like a rear camera. Reviewers are going to eat this thing alive.. Theres absolutely no reason at all something delivered 7 months into the year 2011 shouldn't have a basic functionality. Bone headed if HP doesn't have somehting up their sleeves.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    something to look forward to on the TouchPad-2
    Foolish to try and use the Apple model with a flagship product.. Do you understand this?? Apple has a drone type fanbase that will buy almost ANYTHING they put out. But HP does NOT!! Foolish to deliver an unfinished product when the brand was already hurt by the Palm Pre
    Foolish to try and use the Apple model with a flagship product.. Do you understand this?? Apple has a drone type fanbase that will buy almost ANYTHING they put out. But HP does NOT!! Foolish to deliver an unfinished product when the brand was already hurt by the Palm Pre
    not necessarily = maybe the price could be lower, but this is HP's first tablet and I'm sure the next gen touchpad will have this. Right now, HP has to get their product out there. I wish it had video out too, but it's not a deal breaker at least for me. Prob sell it for touchpad 2 when it comes out.
    I don't think the decision to exclude HDMI out had anything to do with price or hardware. It likely was software. Getting the software to work nice and friendly with HDMI would have taken more dev time.
    I'll be happy if there will be a VNC server for the touchpad, that is able to push out at least 24 (60@720p) fps over wifi. Maybe incorporate DXT5 (maybe FastDXT) compression for realtime presentation.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I don't think the decision to exclude HDMI out had anything to do with price or hardware. It likely was software. Getting the software to work nice and friendly with HDMI would have taken more dev time.
    Then you do what Moto did with USB. Make it have HDMI capabilites then come back with a software update a few weeks down the line. Excluding it is just crazy
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    I'll be happy if there will be a VNC server for the touchpad, that is able to push out at least 24 (60@720p) fps over wifi. Maybe incorporate DXT5 (maybe FastDXT) compression for realtime presentation.
    That would be nice.. Some type of video is a must
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast