1.    #1  
    Hi all,

To me the last two paragrpahs say it all.

take care,

Jay

Can HP’s Pivot Point webOS Adoption in the Right Direction?
    Jun. 27th, 2011 by Dave Courbanou

Can HP's Pivot Point webOS Adoption in the Right Direction? | The VAR Guy

HP’s TouchPad webOS tablet and other associated webOS 3.0 devices will include HP webOS Pivot, a veritable catalog of what’s what in webOS. The TouchPad and associated technologies go live July 1, 2011, so what can we expect and should the channel care? Read on for the details …
    Pivot is, in essence, a monthly guide to what’s happening in technology and media. Think of it as a news and information resource not unlike Apple/News Corp.’s “The Daily,” plus a guide to the latest in webOS apps and developer news. HP sees it as introduction and a springboard to get the most out of webOS; HP believes it’s not just about the apps with webOS, it’s also about integration and interoperability and being the most productive mobile platform to work on. That’s certainly a novel concept in an app-centric iOS/Android world.

When a user reads Pivot, they’ll be presented with a featured list of applications from the webOS “App Catalog,” allowing both customers and aspiring developers to see what’s happening on the apps scene. Pivot will come out once a month, and will not just showcase applications, but also include “… original content by journalists and photographers affiliated with leading publications … editorial pieces, columns from notable guest writers sharing their perspectives on digital culture [and] feature stories focused on applications …”

Pivot will also strive to showcase the unique features of the HP TouchPad, offering high-resolution images and content specific to different regions of the world. Pivot will be published in English, French, German and Spanish at launch, and more languages will be added later.
    While HP hopes Pivot will attract non-webOS developers to the webOS fold, HP is also including a new discount structure for existing developers and incentives for longtime developers, such as those who previously were Palm developers. Developers can access the new webOS 3.0 portal July 1, coinciding with the TouchPad’s launch date.
    The TouchPad will come with 16GB and 32GB options, at $499 or $599, respectively, and noticeably absent is a 64GB option. Such a move could be strategic for HP — the company could be tracking which iPads (and other tablets) are selling the best and taking its cues from those numbers. Deciding to not spend time or money building a larger-capacity unit for an initial launch may pay off for HP.

Meanwhile, I’ll be looking to get my hands on a TouchPad for a 30-second review. If webOS 3.0 and the TouchPad are deemed worthy (not just by me, but by the broader technology community in general) the channel may see a huge influx of support requests for webOS, thanks in large part to its device integration. Neither Apple with iCloud nor Google with Honeycomb enable smartphones to communicate with a tablet, allowing users to extend their phone features to a tablet. I still truly crave that kind of integrated “big screen at home” and “small screen on the go” experience.

Plus, HP, unlike Apple and Google, is a name much more synonymous with the “PC” world. People trust HP, with entire fleets of HP computers, printers and servers running in a company. With webOS hitting the desktop sooner or later, the channel may find webOS the mobile platform of choice in the SMB and enterprise.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Jay, this already posted in the Pivot thread thanks
  3.    #3  
    H all,

HP and webOS are sure getting a great deal of coverage the last few days.

Here is another example:

Take care,

Jay

HP To Offer Pivot Digit Magazine For webOS
    June 27, 2011 By Charles Pullman

HP To Offer Pivot Digit Magazine For webOS

HP is launching their 9.7 inch tablet and it is set for July 1st and there are many waiting to be able to purchase this new tablet computer running the webOS that HP purchased from Palm last year. This is something new from HP and the TouchPad should provide some real competition for Apple and their iPad. That is something that many are hoping for and it will be interesting to see if HP can live up to the expectations. With the launch, HP is now announcing a new HP digital resource for those purchasing HP products that are using the new webOS software called Pivot.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

To me the last two paragrpahs say it all.

take care,

Jay

Can HP’s Pivot Point webOS Adoption in the Right Direction?
    Jun. 27th, 2011 by Dave Courbanou

Can HP's Pivot Point webOS Adoption in the Right Direction? | The VAR Guy

HP’s TouchPad webOS tablet and other associated webOS 3.0 devices will include HP webOS Pivot, a veritable catalog of what’s what in webOS. The TouchPad and associated technologies go live July 1, 2011, so what can we expect and should the channel care? Read on for the details …
    Pivot is, in essence, a monthly guide to what’s happening in technology and media. Think of it as a news and information resource not unlike Apple/News Corp.’s “The Daily,” plus a guide to the latest in webOS apps and developer news. HP sees it as introduction and a springboard to get the most out of webOS; HP believes it’s not just about the apps with webOS, it’s also about integration and interoperability and being the most productive mobile platform to work on. That’s certainly a novel concept in an app-centric iOS/Android world.

When a user reads Pivot, they’ll be presented with a featured list of applications from the webOS “App Catalog,” allowing both customers and aspiring developers to see what’s happening on the apps scene. Pivot will come out once a month, and will not just showcase applications, but also include “… original content by journalists and photographers affiliated with leading publications … editorial pieces, columns from notable guest writers sharing their perspectives on digital culture [and] feature stories focused on applications …”

Pivot will also strive to showcase the unique features of the HP TouchPad, offering high-resolution images and content specific to different regions of the world. Pivot will be published in English, French, German and Spanish at launch, and more languages will be added later.
    While HP hopes Pivot will attract non-webOS developers to the webOS fold, HP is also including a new discount structure for existing developers and incentives for longtime developers, such as those who previously were Palm developers. Developers can access the new webOS 3.0 portal July 1, coinciding with the TouchPad’s launch date.
    The TouchPad will come with 16GB and 32GB options, at $499 or $599, respectively, and noticeably absent is a 64GB option. Such a move could be strategic for HP — the company could be tracking which iPads (and other tablets) are selling the best and taking its cues from those numbers. Deciding to not spend time or money building a larger-capacity unit for an initial launch may pay off for HP.

Meanwhile, I’ll be looking to get my hands on a TouchPad for a 30-second review. If webOS 3.0 and the TouchPad are deemed worthy (not just by me, but by the broader technology community in general) the channel may see a huge influx of support requests for webOS, thanks in large part to its device integration. Neither Apple with iCloud nor Google with Honeycomb enable smartphones to communicate with a tablet, allowing users to extend their phone features to a tablet. I still truly crave that kind of integrated “big screen at home” and “small screen on the go” experience.

Plus, HP, unlike Apple and Google, is a name much more synonymous with the “PC” world. People trust HP, with entire fleets of HP computers, printers and servers running in a company. With webOS hitting the desktop sooner or later, the channel may find webOS the mobile platform of choice in the SMB and enterprise.
    I liked that comment too:
    Jack Says:
    June 27th, 2011 at 11:17 am
    WebOS will really become interesting when HP launches SMB and Homservers/NAS/printing set up and controlled by a WebOS administration UI.
    HP has already announced that they are ditching Microsoft Homeserver.
    Basicly it will become the first Home/Nas/SMB/print server that is manageable for users with low/medium competence.
    Let’s face it: Being a Linux user myselv – There are many good server solutions based on Linux, but none well adapted to the “one click generation”. Microsoft Homeserver og Apple’s server leaves a lot to be desired too.
    HP will get a huge advantage as their users will be able to connect and easily handle everything from routers and printers to pads, smartphones and cameras +++ through a unified WebOS UI.
    Neither Apple, Microsoft or Google are even close to such ecosystem.
    Cloud shouldn’t be an issue either. HP can easily launch a cloud structure to feed the ecosystem using the very same WebOS UI for administration – enabling everything from strictly cloud to backup and redundancy.
    I’m not a huge fan of HP, but I am really convinced that HP is about to nail this one. In economical terms: You could do a lot worse with other stocks.
    When? Within 6-12 months.