1.    #1  
    So, does anyone know if the Touchpad's microUSB might allow us to use a micro USB storage device (which could be a regular USB drive with a USB Female to Male MicroUSB)?

I would guess someone in Homebrew will make a file manager, which would mean fairly unlimited storage, right?
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
    Depends on if the USB port has host capabilities or not.
    The TP does not have host I hear
  4.    #4  
    One of the reviews (many of which haven't been too complimentary) stated that it does not now, but that it could be activated in the future. I would guess someone in the Homebrew community might figure that one out.
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
    Yes, that's why I'm eagerly waiting for webosinternals on that matter. If anyone can clarify it's them.
    I'd be happy if homebrew could do this. though dont think they can hack on any video out sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by atremorer View Post
    So, does anyone know if the Touchpad's microUSB might allow us to use a micro USB storage device (which could be a regular USB drive with a USB Female to Male MicroUSB)?

I would guess someone in Homebrew will make a file manager, which would mean fairly unlimited storage, right?
    Assuming a file manager that is Box.net-aware comes out soon, you might not need expanded storage. However, HP should have included the ability to insert a memory card for easy local data movement and to allow editing of photos from a camera storage device. Hopefully something that will be added to future devices. HP could seek a happy medium between the rigidity of Apple and the chaos of Android.
    Dan Donovan
    Quote Originally Posted by atremorer View Post
    One of the reviews (many of which haven't been too complimentary) stated that it does not now, but that it could be activated in the future. I would guess someone in the Homebrew community might figure that one out.
    I read the PreCentral review as saying it might be possible to add hosting capabilities with a software update. That's uncertain at this point, though, and I would think that HP would have said something about it by now. Just like video out. I'm taking HP's continued complete silence on the issue as an admission of the lack of hardware capability at this point.