Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    How can you declare an unannounced product as un-innovative before even knowing what the specs are?
    I am actually wishing it comes out with at least the same specs as Opal, however looking at how the hardware has sucked and lacked a generation on Palm/HP I am giving it a high probability that Opal specs would be more like pixi. I can conjure cant I? thats what analyst do all the time. No body tell them please dont say what Apple's revenue would be next quarter as it hasnt happened.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    To the OP:

Do you enjoy this?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    To the OP:

Do you enjoy this?
    no, but I sometimes get really angry why H/P doesnt see what so many other people see and what other OSes have achieved in terms of hardware. So not enjoying rather frustrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I sure hope so, but I am not confident, look at Touchpad, 1024x768, no rear camera, 8hr battery, plastic, thicker than many tablets out there. I don't know if HP actually put "best hardwares inside and out" at a high enough priority.

It seems many big computer maker turn tablet makers just don't get it, remember DELL puting out a 7" tablet with 800x600 several months back? Its just hard to guess what these people were thinking.
    It's been revealed that most of the TouchPad design (and perhaps even Opal) was developed by Palm. If you look at the higher end laptops/desktops from HP, they're fully capable of producing much more refined products -not to say that the TouchPad is shabby at all.

I fully intend to sell off my TouchPad once a higher end model is announced -most likely, the trademarked TouchPad Pro. I just hope that the Touchstone technology allows for a metal/AL back, as I have a feelling that Touchstone somehow limits the types of materials used for the device's back cover.
    Perhaps they could use a rubberized material, similar to the one in the original Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    no, but I sometimes get really angry why H/P doesnt see what so many other people see and what other OSes have achieved in terms of hardware. So not enjoying rather frustrated.
    I agree completely. Same feelings here too. Frustration.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    It's been revealed that most of the TouchPad design (and perhaps even Opal) was developed by Palm. If you look at the higher end laptops/desktops from HP, they're fully capable of producing much more refined products -not to say that the TouchPad is shabby at all.

I fully intend to sell off my TouchPad once a higher end model is announced -most likely, the trademarked TouchPad Pro. I just hope that the Touchstone technology allows for a metal/AL back, as I have a feelling that Touchstone somehow limits the types of materials used for the device's back cover.
    Perhaps they could use a rubberized material, similar to the one in the original Pre?
    So you are saying they have kept one year old design in a fast moving tech world?
  7.    #27  
    after the sad TP reviews, I hope opal is top of the line for hardware, though not much competition in 7 inch. Opal may soon become number one selling 7 inch tablet. Period. H/P play it right and hard!
  8.    #28  
    so a 64 gig TP model and then Opal, I think H/P has potential, just make this 7 incher really really top of the hardware class.
    My worry is that Opal would be a stripped down TP with all the bad TP traits... like being fat and heavy and lacking many key hardware features. It's only selling point again will be webOS.
    Considering the most expensive part of any tablet is the screen, a 7" Opal Tablet with the same specs as the Touchpad, but =<399 dollars could be very tempting (With better build quality, not necessarily metal, playbook-like would be more than enough). Specially, if WebOS performance is good as it should be by then.
    I don't think a 7" tablet should have same resolution as a 10" one, its not the same ratio of length/width.

it should be, however, 1024px at least on the length. This is the minimum requirement for web and pdf. if its smaller, it will just fail, because it would be no better than a phone.

Battery should last at least 8hrs.

CPU can be the same, memory should be >1G.

HP should NOT intentionally water down hardware in 7" pad to differentiate it from touchpad, this type of pure business decision will more likely reduce Opal sales, instead of generating touchpad sales.
    The Asus MeMo 7" Android Tablet will have a resolution of 1280x800 when it is released this Fall. Because it is being released in the Fall, it may be running ICS instead of Honeycomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    The Asus MeMo 7" Android Tablet will have a resolution of 1280x800 when it is released this Fall. Because it is being released in the Fall, it may be running ICS instead of Honeycomb.
    thats super high resolution.

I would be satisfied if Opal has 1024x600.

resolution smaller than 1024 at horizontal would be a crippling shortcoming. I hope HP remembers that.
  13.    #33  
    thats super high resolution.

I would be satisfied if Opal has 1024x600.

resolution smaller than 1024 at horizontal would be a crippling shortcoming. I hope HP remembers that.
    As I said before: Blackberry resolution is 1024x600 pixels and that is a 7 inch tab. Apple in IP-3 will come out with retina display with pixel density around 330 dpi. that means double the resolution of current TP. If apple can do it, H/P should be able to push the TP resolution onto a 7 inch tablet. Time for H/P to get up and become a do-er than say cant be done.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12