Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    For those lucky ones that live near a BB or Wallys with a working tPad, why not log into google docs via the browser and see how it looks/works/feels on the tPad.

If it's decent, would this not be at least a temporary solution until an official editing app comes out?
    This is the document editing solution that HP is currently advertising on the TP website.
    Problem is that TouchPad is aiming at business solution tablet. There's few company out there doesn't like the idea of using Google doc, that include mine.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    This is the document editing solution that HP is currently advertising on the TP website.

For me (someone who will just do a quick edit here/there) my work uses gDocs like crazy so this is getting so tempting. If there was a netflix app then I'd almost have no choice but to whip out the plastic.
    Hopefully, Scratch will scale well to the TouchPad's screen.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Aren't there any other cloud-based Office apps that will also work and offer MS Office compatibility and maybe even offline work (Wasn't that an HTML 5 feature).
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Problem is that TouchPad is aiming at business solution tablet. There's few company out there doesn't like the idea of using Google doc, that include mine.
    Doesn't the Citrix receiver app allow for full Microsoft Office use?
    This isn't the solution I'd use. Google Docs is good for me, but businesses could use Citrix.
    I need a good offline document editor as I will not be getting the 3G, even as impressively widespread free wifi is becoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    +1000

There are 2 issues - editing (which using Google Docs would solve) and inability to use the cloud, due to corporate standards/security, or poor reception, which does not have a solution at this point. That second issue is a show stopper for many corporate users.

But who knows, maybe doc editing will come soon...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.