Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    "Apart from the 9.7-inch tablet, HP is also planning to launch another 7-inch tablet in August according to Taiwan Economic News. The report said, Inventec has "received big-ticket orders for tablet PCs from HP," for both the 9.7-inch TouchPad and a 7-inch model launching in August. Reports show that Inventec has received orders for 400,000 to 450,000 Touch Pad tablet PCs to be produced every month for HP. That will help HP produce 3 million HP TouchPad’s this year."

From this link... By Elias Samuel | June 27, 2011 9:42 AM EDT

Will the upcoming 9.7-inch HP TouchPad rival Apple iPad 2? - International Business Times
    Sadlly switched from Pre- to Sprint Nexus S 4G - An 32Gb Touchpad
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    good, thats what they need to sell too. Lets see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    good, thats what they need to sell too. Lets see how it goes.
    If it does not sell well for 499/599, it will for 449 or 549
    That math doesn't add up. 400,000 - 500,000 TP's a month would be 4.8 million - 6 million tablets a year. Unless I'm reading this wrong?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    That math doesn't add up. 400,000 - 500,000 TP's a month would be 4.8 million - 6 million tablets a year. Unless I'm reading this wrong?
    I think they ment the rest of this year.... 2,400,000 - 2,700,000 but that is still not 3M
    Sadlly switched from Pre- to Sprint Nexus S 4G - An 32Gb Touchpad
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OleSalt View Post
    "...Reports show that Inventec has received orders for 400,000 to 450,000 Touch Pad tablet PCs to be produced every month for HP. That will help HP produce 3 million HP TouchPad’s this year."
    This year, the rest of 2011, 6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by OleSalt View Post
    I think they ment the rest of this year.... 2,400,000 - 2,700,000 but that is still not 3M
    Well if you are counting like I am, 7 months (these things had to start shipping in June to be shipping from retailers and in stores on July 1) equals 2.8 mil to 3.15 mil.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    This year, the rest of 2011, 6 months.
    Doh. You're correct. I read it (foolishly) as a year, not just this year. Carry on!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Well if you are counting like I am, 7 months (these things had to start shipping in June to be shipping from retailers and in stores on July 1) equals 2.8 mil to 3.15 mil.
    Yeah, that's probably it. Or they might be talking fiscal year, which ends January 31 for HP (I think). That would mean 7 months even if the counting starts on Friday.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    True, didn't think about the fiscal year.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    That's a petty huge order. There are 1 or both of these things are true, a massive ad campaign is on the way, and HP received substantial interest from corporate accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    That's a petty huge order. There are 1 or both of these things are true, a massive ad campaign is on the way, and HP received substantial interest from corporate accounts.
    or they will have a very largesurplu which will bring prices down
    Yeah, this is a pretty optimistic schedule. Phones, I can easily see selling that quickly but tablets - essentially a non-essential buy... I just don't know.

Given that they will need to have the Touchpad 2 on the market within 9 months to remain viable on the consumer side, I hope they have a good corporate sales plan in place to sell into the enterprise.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )