Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Absolutely incorrect. Anyone that says "there's no relationship there" doesn't understand marketing basics. No, there's not a 1 to 1 relationship there, but the fact that HP sells lots of PCs not only will affect their ability to sell the TouchPad, it will also affect the confidence developers have in the ability to sell.
    I will let the cold fact to decide who is correct in 3 months.
  2. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    developers (businesses) that want to expand their business will give HP app's a shot . . the ones who get in early are afforded the most to gain. I can't blame developers from sitting on the sideline prior to this, but the ones scratching their heads on whether to put effort into HPs product are getting behind everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    Sooooo, it sounds like their approach is, 'build it and they will come'. Again, that's the arrogance talking to justify a lazy approach I already mentioned.

Dev support and encouraging developers to create quality apps are two distinctly different things. Support is assisting what you have. My point is that HP hasn't given the outward appearance they are dedicating the resources necessary to attract developers.

I don't care about magazine subscriptions or the other flashy things. What will impress me (and others) is to see a number of diverse, quality apps.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    They aren't dedicating the resources? Putting WebOS on millions of laptops and computers and printers. ummm how much more resource dedication do you think is needed?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I will let the cold fact to decide who is correct in 3 months.
    I seriously doubt you will. I suspect you will continue to make predictions now, rather than wait for that 3 months worth of facts.

That's fine, nothing wrong with making predictions. But I can't quite figure out why folks do so, then pretend they're only giving facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I seriously doubt you will. I suspect you will continue to make predictions now, rather than wait for that 3 months worth of facts.

That's fine, nothing wrong with making predictions. But I can't quite figure out why folks do so, then pretend they're only giving facts.
    lol, you have been making success prediction all this time and you don't know why?
  6.    #46  
    For those in this thread that have been implied that HP is going to simply depend on folks to buy because it's HP, you need to look at this article about HP's "Startup Central".
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    lol, you have been making success prediction all this time and you don't know why?
    Seriously? It's a WebOS forum. I'm expressing an opinion, not stating it as fact.
    And actually, I've said very few times that the TP is going to succeed. I've given reasons why I think it will though.

So, are you really going to stop the doomsaying, claims that HP doesn't know what they're doing, etc etc, until the facts bear it out in three months?
    <<Thread closed>>
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123