Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a pc & laptop. I am debating getting rid of my tower so I can clear out the room a pc desk takes up & just having the touchpad & the laptop. I surely plan to upgrade to HP PC/Laptops down the road as webOS becomes available on them too. For the most part I see the Touchpad taking over nearly most typical tasks, I cant wait!
    I'm actually getting a Touchpad instead of a laptop. I have a desktop that I can use when I need to do serious document editing/creation or large e-mails, but for everything else, the Touchpad should cover it. I probably won't use my desktop much after getting the Touchpad since it's pretty rare that I'm doing serious work on my home PC (serious work is done on my work laptop).

-Skippy
    If Grooveshark and Google Music work, does that mean that the Touchpad will allow Flash to run in the background? That's one thing I want my Pre 2 to do, but if the Touchpad will do it then hopefully they'll include that option in a future update for the Pre 2.
    I thought I read somewhere that there was a patch for flash in the back ground... Or was that youtube.

Hopefully the function of web items running in the background is a function of enyo. Since the newer devices should have enough ram and processor capability to run those multiple background processes.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that there was a patch for flash in the back ground... Or was that youtube.

Hopefully the function of web items running in the background is a function of enyo. Since the newer devices should have enough ram and processor capability to run those multiple background processes.

I believe that patch is to allow video content to continue playing when the screen is minimized. It is called no video pause when minimized.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    That's it, sorry I'm a lil off today...

I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I wrote on this forum some months back that my Pre replaced about 30-35% of the web browsing that I normally do on my home PC (a laptop). I suspect that TouchPad is going to bring that closer to 90%. Most of the non-web browsing stuff I do can also be done on the TouchPad. So, I suspect at home (work is another matter completely), I figure the laptop will get used a very tiny fraction of what it is now, and will be just about completely replaced by the TouchPad; only to be used when there's something that must be done on a computer.
    Ditto here, although what percentage my SPre took over I've never really thought about. But, I do almost exclusively use SPre to check weather info & radar, whereas prior to it I would break out the laptop, which sucked when it was not booted up. I can see using the TP much more for my weather "obsession" (as some would call it - but, what can you expect from an Iowa farm boy? )
    I see pandas.
    Yeah it's just Youtube, but I really want a patch to allow flash in the background.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Ditto here, although what percentage my SPre took over I've never really thought about. But, I do almost exclusively use SPre to check weather info & radar, whereas prior to it I would break out the laptop, which sucked when it was not booted up. I can see using the TP much more for my weather "obsession" (as some would call it - but, what can you expect from an Iowa farm boy? )
    Only thing I have to check weather for is how hot it will be (love my California sunshine ).

I never thought about the web browsing my Pre has taken away from my computer either... but for weather and news reading, pretty much 100%. It has also indirectly resulted in my 360 and Wii almost never getting played, I can get my gaming fix (or waste of time fix) with the Pre. Unless we are playing the Wii the only game I ever play any more is some MLB on XBL with my brother on the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    How was the sound quality, I know that they said it would sound better with Beat's headphones.
    It sounds pretty loud and clear. Was playing the Palm cast through google music and it was good. I'm no audiophile so not sure if I'm one to ask for sound quality but for me, it's good enough

So I am guessing Grooveshark didn't view it as a mobile device? That right there would be awesome news, especially when the 7inch tablet comes out.
    Nope, you get the desktop version and I love how it seems to be made with the touchpad in mind. The color layout seems to go well with the browser.

Awesome!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12