webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > ProStudios type App for HP Touchpad?
ProStudios type App for HP Touchpad?

Old 06/27/2011, 06:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

My question is, and has been for awhile. Will the Touchpad come with a recording app like Prostudio for the Ipad, and Iphone? I do alot of prerecording on my laptop, and essentially this is the only thing I would need to know about, before flipping my laptop for the touchpad. Does anyone know, or has heard about any kind of recording software that will be available, or coming to the touchpad at all? thanks in advance.
wellwellwell11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2011, 07:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

I would love to see some development on this side too as I do a lot of home recording using Ableton with control surfaces, etc. The Touchpad would be great for this. I'm not sure if audio/midi capability is built into the hardware/software and I would love to find out.

b
brentdowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2011, 01:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentdowney View Post
I would love to see some development on this side too as I do a lot of home recording using Ableton with control surfaces, etc. The Touchpad would be great for this. I'm not sure if audio/midi capability is built into the hardware/software and I would love to find out.

b
def my thing is since it should have at the min the same componets as the ipad, it should be able to run a similar program.
Old 06/27/2011, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Not sure about ProStudio, but it was just announced that David Guetta will be releasing some sort of mixing app for the Touchpad this fall.
Old 06/27/2011, 01:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm curious how you're supposed to get a line-in to the Touchpad for a mixing app to work... unless they're going to support USB host or something.
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2011, 02:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Suspect initially the headphone/microphone jack. Hopefully it won't be too long before USB host is incorporated into WebOS. Maybe that's one reason David Guetta's mixing app isn't planned for release until around September. Just pondering out loud in here.
Old 06/27/2011, 06:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

oh that makes sense, so intially the touchpad does not have a USB port?
Old 06/27/2011, 09:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Touchpad has a microUSB port but from what i understand it is like the pre: used for charging and file exchange only....

It is not configured as a USB host yet where u can plug up any USB device (like a USB microphone or hard drive) and the TouchPad will recognize it and allow data flow between the two devices like on a laptop or PC...

If they get that happening it will be awesome tho!
dj ozone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/28/2011, 07:42 AM   #9 (permalink)

Can this be used?
Griffin DJ Cable

Suggestion, if you are seriously wanting some cool and productive music production apps, you should check out a IOS site called ProMusicApps. See what is already available and ping those developers for a webos version. This site has cool music production apps and hardware to attach to tablets.

I don't do music production but if I did I want this stuff on the Touchpad since it can handle multitasking better.
sinsin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/28/2011, 03:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
Can this be used?
Griffin DJ Cable

Suggestion, if you are seriously wanting some cool and productive music production apps, you should check out a IOS site called ProMusicApps. See what is already available and ping those developers for a webos version. This site has cool music production apps and hardware to attach to tablets.

I don't do music production but if I did I want this stuff on the Touchpad since it can handle multitasking better.
thats not a bad idea, Ill def do that thanks for the advice.
Old 06/28/2011, 03:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
Touchpad has a microUSB port but from what i understand it is like the pre: used for charging and file exchange only....

It is not configured as a USB host yet where u can plug up any USB device (like a USB microphone or hard drive) and the TouchPad will recognize it and allow data flow between the two devices like on a laptop or PC...

If they get that happening it will be awesome tho!
oh ok I see thanks for letting me know, hopefully they do allow 3rdpartys access through the USB Port.
Old 06/28/2011, 04:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

Could there be some sort of bluetooth device to record audio in?
Old 07/01/2011, 10:21 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinime View Post
Could there be some sort of bluetooth device to record audio in?
I don't think Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR is fast enough to support multitrack recording/playback. With the Beats focus, there might be hardware support hiding in the Touchpad that is yet to be exploited. With the product now released, hopefully we'll hear from HP about other multimedia features that have been eluded to.
Old 11/29/2012, 10:59 AM   #14 (permalink)

I'm curious - has there been an update since this thread started that would allow one to use a USB mic (with appropriate adapters of course) with a TouchPad? I have a Blue Yeti mic. If I can figure out a way to do field recordings using it and the TouchPad, I'd be over the moon.
Matt Zink is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0