1.    #1  
    Hi,

If I would get myself a new TP in the US and bring it back to the Netherlands, do I have to activate in the US right away (to get full access to the App Catalog), or can I wait with activating until I'm back in the Netherlands?
    From what I understand it doesn't matter where you activate it, it just matters what language you select when you do (as far as app catalog access goes).
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Well, the updated app catalog on webOS 2.x still restricts you to only a few companies, regarding the supported credit cards. The old app catalog did support Dutch credit cards with Pres activated in Germany or UK (& France, Spain, Ireland, I assume). Question is can you still use a Dutch credit card now in the updated app catalog when setting the location to UK, Germany,...

But I also read somewhere, that the Touchpad / webOS3 app catalog will be a worldwide catalog. But this still has to be confirmed I guess, and also questioned whether this will be the fact from day 1.

I.e. I'm really interested in an answer too. I'm considering ordering a Touchpad in UK or Germany.

I already asked some important questions for a Touchpad to be used in NL. No answers yet.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...territory.html
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    spud101: I think we have to wait a few days for our questions regarding use in other countries and accessing the App Catalog, changing the keyboard layout etc. Once its released in the USA and/or NDA is lifted for the ones already using demo units im sure many of our question marks will be straighten.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Yeah I know. But it's only a question of "weeks" now LOL