Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I seem to recall hearing something about an embargo on reviews until tomorrow. You KNOW the major outlets (including this site) have review versions in hand.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I certainly look forward to seeing some reviews
    i have been waiting and waiting for that embargo to be lifted.... how many days before release do they usually lift those?
    i looked back... the playbook was released APril 19 and Mossberg released his review on the 13th..

I am guessing tomorrow or Tuesday.
    I'm frightened of reviews tainting my expectations either way.
    I'd hope to start seeing some reviews Monday or Tuesday, the longer an embargo is drawn out the more nervous I get. There are some exceptions to the rule (i.e. Rockstar holding off sending games out for reviews before games are released), but I'm usually wary of products kept out of critics hands or embargoes close to a release.
    Well Mossberg is going to be Thursday. I'm sure everyone with be obsessed with APPPSSSSSS but hopefully he is impressed with the groundwork in webOS. I plan on playing with a model at Costco or BB this week.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I'm frightened of reviews tainting my expectations either way.
    I plan to read a variety of reviews and then decide on an iPad2 or the TP. I've been on the fence over which one to buy.
    I'm almost more interested in seeing the SDK NDA lifted than seeing the reviews. I'll review it myself!
    reviews will go something like this:

webos looks great on a larger screen
    flash support is great, but its a battery drain
    software is mostly fast, though email and calender sometimes stall
    app catalog is relatively bare but apps should come
    doc editing needed
    skype and video calling work as expected
    cannot assess touch to share features until phones with upcoming software updates are supported
    battery life good, could be better
    browser is top notch
    bluetooth and onscreen keyboards are good
    and lastly, this is a first gen device, but with hp's scale webos will be here to stay

how's that for a review?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post

doc editing needed
    cannot assess touch to share features until phones with upcoming software updates are supported
    browser is top notch
    and lastly, this is a first gen device, but with hp's scale webos will be here to stay

how's that for a review?
    Were they reviewing it from inside Walmart?

Seriously though, wasn't the calendar slowness attributed to the lack of a network connection?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Were they reviewing it from inside Walmart?

Seriously though, wasn't the calendar slowness attributed to the lack of a network connection?
    This is true! The demo mode is laggy in stores due to lack of internet connection and the fact that it's not truly the real model.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    This is true! The demo mode is laggy in stores due to lack of internet connection and the fact that it's not truly the real model.
    Yes, nothing is ever the real model or final product. Even when you go out and buy a touchpad, it won't be the real model... you'll just say "first gen software wait for it to mature" even though it's 3 generations old. The demo units at walmart are the shipped versions of the TP, it's silly to think that these stores have sub-par TPs that people are going to be getting bad impressions from and then getting an ipad. HP is not full of *******.
    your not taking into account the day 1 update/patch which always seems to happen these days.

and NO CARRIERS to get in the way of releasing updates, quite happy about this. Carrier QA never seems to accomplish anything and takes forever.
    P|c will likely do it first, so you won't miss it.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    My question is, will Dieter or Josh (or everyone) review the TouchPad at This is my next..
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    My question is, will Dieter or Josh (or everyone) review the TouchPad at This is my next..
    I bet Josh will. Dieter most likely will have his HP/Palm coverage shrunken being that his GF works for the company.
    I think webOS will review it before P/C. Seriously though the calendar is laggy still?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I think we will get a review later on today or early tomorrow. The site's been super quiet since last night, no new articles or anything at all as of late. We normally see some type of article monday mornings, but today is way way too quiet.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post

doc editing needed
    browser is top notch

how's that for a review?
    That's pretty much it. You forgot to add that they're all going to mention the weight & thickness versus the ipad 2.

Personally, I couldn't care less about reviews bc they'll follow the same predictable pattern you outlined. Anatech will prolly be the one to do a review that doesn't follow the standard template.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast