Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Surprised that they didn't want to get the reviews out earlier (think last week) so people thinking of getting a tablet would read them and hold off til the first.
    Very soon.
    Either there is secret stuff they dont want to share until closer to launch (which the reviewers will be informed of) or they are scared of terrible reviews.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Josh is going to be the reviewer most likely at thisismynext but joanna seems to be reviewing all of the tablets right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Josh is going to be the reviewer most likely at thisismynext but joanna seems to be reviewing all of the tablets right now.
    I prefer Joanna's reviews bc she tends to review the products for what they are & not what she had hoped they would be. But yeh, Josh will likely review it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    With the launch 4 days away, I am really surprised that the reviews aren't up yet. Hopefully they start to go up later today.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I prefer Joanna's reviews bc she tends to review the products for what they are & not what she had hoped they would be. But yeh, Josh will likely review it.

Yeah, I think Joanna's reviews are more fair & unbiased, but I definitely respect Josh's reviews.

It would be cool if Dieter ended up reviewing the TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Yeah, I think Joanna's reviews are more fair & unbiased, but I definitely respect Josh's reviews.

It would be cool if Dieter ended up reviewing the TouchPad.
    For me anyone but Josh for this. He has too much invested in this. As such I don't think Dieter should review for the same reason & his GIRLFRIEND works for HP in dev relations.

It's a crazy day when I think that Walt Mossberg will do a less biased review of the product than Josh T. I love Josh, but not reviewing webOS or Apple products.

Wait....If its true that the TouchPad can take incoming calls from any Bluetooth connection, I hope that the reviewers mention this. Not that its a deal-maker for anyone, but it can add some value and offset some of the shortcomings.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Josh's review will be interesting and engadgets review should be nice. even tho theyre tanking.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    Josh's review will be interesting and engadgets review should be nice. even tho theyre tanking.
    I agree that engadget is tanking, but has there been any released stats to support this? To me, it's just a 'feeling' that they're not the same since the exodous of JT and crew. Is gizmodo (a site I never could get into) filling that space?
    Honestly, I thought for sure there would be reviews at midnight Monday morning, but I guess I was wrong. Maybe late tonight / early Tuesday morning, though?

Not that I had any actual information to go by, just that it seemed like that would be the time to release them, if the product's out on Friday.
    I dont understand why review embargo dates would be part of the nda.

I wouldn't expect any reviews until July 1st, at the earliest.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    I wouldn't expect any reviews until July 1st, at the earliest.
    That's what I think. At the earliest Wed or Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by cwhead321 View Post
    I agree that engadget is tanking, but has there been any released stats to support this? To me, it's just a 'feeling' that they're not the same since the exodous of JT and crew. Is gizmodo (a site I never could get into) filling that space?
    Kinda but they're new site is annoying and its a different type of news than Engadget. Engadget is more consumer normal non techie focused while gizmodo ramps up the nerdage.

Was hoping that Vladd and Myriam would jump ship to thisismynext too.
    Kinda but they're new site is annoying and its a different type of news than Engadget. Engadget is more consumer normal non techie focused while gizmodo ramps up the nerdage.

Myriam barely writes any articles but she does podcast. I think that some of the Engadget writing is lacking but it's still a very good tech news source.

Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Myriam barely writes any articles but she does podcast. I think that some of the Engadget writing is lacking but it's still a very good tech news source.

Myriam is a well-informed person, but she comes across as a sensationalist. Everything is a either "smooth as butter" or elicits a rant as to why its wrong. Needless to say, I have stopped listening to the Mobile podcast.

I do hope that some of these reviews get into the specifics about how the device works, and less on how it compares. Not that I am trying to hide from the iPad or Galaxy 10.1, but I am starting to feel that these reviews are losing the purpose of a review and they are concentrating too much on a comparison.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    3 Days away from launch & still no reviews. What is going on here???
    I am waiting for a WHOOOAAAAA announcement of a special thing relating the Touchpad now, which they had to hold back until the last day.

In all other circumstances I can't understand the NDA practices.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast