Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    you missed most important feature when people put their eyesight on it.

the resolution.

I just went to a bestbuy over the weekend, although I didn't find a touchpad, the display of Acer iconia 500 and Samsung galaxy tab 10.1. the 1280x800 is indeed marvelous.

The thinness and style of samsung galaxy tab 10.1 is also extremely attractive.

Like you, we all know how powerful webOS can be, Im just extremely concerned that it will not get its fair chance with consumers because HP refuses to put top notch hardware inside and out.
    higher resolution = tiny text = harder to read. Other than watching video, I think the lower res is an advantage. That's why the ipad isn't running HD resolutions.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 06/27/2011 at 09:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    I've played with the honeycomb on Samsung Tab 10.1 and Xoom and as far as a smooth transition from one e-mail account to the other and the ability to view your mail side by side to your list of other e-mails WebOS dominates.
    wait until you play with Touchpad email app to decide which is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    higher resolution = tiny text = harder to read. Other than watching video, I think the lower res is an advantage. That's why the pad isn't running HD resolutions.
    well, that sure is an interesting reasoning. I think you have a point, but lets see if buyers buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    you missed most important feature when people put their eyesight on it.

the resolution.

I just went to a bestbuy over the weekend, although I didn't find a touchpad, the display of Acer iconia 500 and Samsung galaxy tab 10.1. the 1280x800 is indeed marvelous.

The thinness and style of samsung galaxy tab 10.1 is also extremely attractive.

Like you, we all know how powerful webOS can be, Im just extremely concerned that it will not get its fair chance with consumers because HP refuses to put top notch hardware inside and out.
    I don't think resolution is important with the android tablets, otherwise the lower resolution ipad2 wouldn't be outselling the android tablets 10 to 1.
    higher resolution = tiny text = harder to read. Other than watching video, I think the lower res is an advantage. That's why the pad isn't running HD resolutions.
    Higher resolution also equals clearer text. And you can resize the size of text (pinch to zoom) if you have higher resolution. Even though I am not certain that this capability doesnt already exist, I couldnt see how hard it is to incorporate re-size-able system fonts to suit the user's preference, a la the TouchPad virtual keyboard.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I don't think resolution is important with the android tablets, otherwise the lower resolution ipad2 wouldn't be outselling the android tablets 10 to 1.
    Honeycomb is new on the market, and the best buy here can't keep them on the shelf. I got the last acer

Oh i gotta give huge props to sprint today they let me junk my crashberry and keep my palm that was due an upgrade on the 1st. So should sprint have a hppalm anytime in the next 6 months I have an upgrade waiting to jump on it!

I am not a TP fan, but I do love webos, and want a new webos phone.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Higher resolution doesn't equal tiny text...
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    obviously apple brand carry a lot of weight, nobody can deny that. I don't think admitting the influence of apple's brand equals to resolution being unimportant.
    lolwut?

Any how, the TouchPad is .5 pound lighter than my ExoPC, and the weight of that is no issue for me. it is also just slightly slimmer, and I find the ExoPC to be quite thin enough. So I am not worried about the dimensions. If you are, then you are going to have to choose an iPad 2, Galaxy Tab 10.1, or wait on a future HP tablet.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345