Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 88
  1. #61  
    [QUOTE=kevr1990;3005052]iPad 1 is heavy and successful.[/QUOT

    I agree and that`s my point
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    iPad 1 also has no competitor for most of its lifetime.
    Why haven`t people talked more about that?? It was the same way with the Iphone and people are amazed of their sells.Well if they had no competition,then who else could have been number one but apple??
  3. #63  
    Guys, how you don't get it? TouchPad is not heavy in general, it's only heavier than competition. TouchPad is not thick in general, it's only thicker than competition. TouchPad is not slow in general, only slower than competition. TouchPad is not built cheap, it's plastic only feels cheaper than competition's built materials. Where TouchPad meets competition is only a price. None of the above matters to WebOS user, but it does matter to undecided customer who is not pre-biased toward WebOS.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Guys, how you don't get it? TouchPad is not heavy in general, it's only heavier than competition. TouchPad is not thick in general, it's only thicker than competition. TouchPad is not slow in general, only slower than competition. TouchPad is not built cheap, it's plastic only feels cheaper than competition's built materials. Where TouchPad meets competition is only a price. None of the above matters to WebOS user, but it does matter to undecided customer who is not pre-biased toward WebOS.
    Generally agree with the above.

    We should look at it with non-webOS fanatic goggles on.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Guys, how you don't get it? TouchPad is not heavy in general, it's only heavier than competition. TouchPad is not thick in general, it's only thicker than competition. TouchPad is not slow in general, only slower than competition. TouchPad is not built cheap, it's plastic only feels cheaper than competition's built materials. Where TouchPad meets competition is only a price. None of the above matters to WebOS user, but it does matter to undecided customer who is not pre-biased toward WebOS.
    agreed, Touchpad is not in vacuum, but HP surely is formalizing marketing strategy like it is, they compare it to iPad 1, and ignore the android, is that really a sounds strategy?

    Samsung, Acer all have dedicated stands in bestbuy, so does apple, when presented 3 tablets with same prices, buyers gonna check all out, not just playing with one and be happy with it.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Guys, how you don't get it? TouchPad is not heavy in general, it's only heavier than competition. TouchPad is not thick in general, it's only thicker than competition. TouchPad is not slow in general, only slower than competition. TouchPad is not built cheap, it's plastic only feels cheaper than competition's built materials. Where TouchPad meets competition is only a price. None of the above matters to WebOS user, but it does matter to undecided customer who is not pre-biased toward WebOS.
    It is not slower than the competition, this is simply not true.
  7. #67  
    When HP bought Palm I expected serious regrouping and fierce attack with shiny arsenal. I expected something with wow factor, something that will not be hard to promote, something that stands out from the crowd by it's looks and feels. But TouchPad indeed looks like something that near-bankruptcy-Palm could release and not something like Envy line of HP products. I think HP underestimated taste of this so called prosumer, and overestimated attraction of WebOS.
  8. #68  
    Well, I played with the demo unit (Fry's in Plano, TX) today. I did not notice that it was heavy (and I own an ipad1). For me, I like the look and feel of it. It reminds me of the iphone 3GS withe the sleek and rounded glossy back. To me, it is more comfortable to hold than the aluminum angular sides of ipad1...haven't really held the ipad2 much, but at some point, I think there is such a thing as too thin. The rounded edges feel ood in your hands. Did not notice any real lag compared to ipad...in short, I am satisfie with the device. Having said that - when you go to the Apple store, they have their pads loaded up with a ton of "magical" apps? They better be pulling a slew of popular apps out of a hat before July 1. Whitepages is not going to cut it in the consumer tablet market. The had better really have the "'important" couple hundred consumer apps (and some nice surprises like the 50GB Box.net) in order to compete. What was pre-loaded on the demo unit is not at all competitive.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    When HP bought Palm I expected serious regrouping and fierce attack with shiny arsenal. I expected something with wow factor, something that will not be hard to promote, something that stands out from the crowd by it's looks and feels. But TouchPad indeed looks like something that near-bankruptcy-Palm could release and not something like Envy line of HP products. I think HP underestimated taste of this so called prosumer, and overestimated attraction of WebOS.
    I disagree.
    I honestly think WebOS is the best operating system than could be on any tablet at this time.
    iOS is truly a phone OS.
    Android is too complicated for most consumers to enjoy.
    Blackberry playbook is a rip off of WebOS and not as productive.

    With the Touchpad they bring the best operating system to the big screen and with some major upgrades as well.
    The only thing that people like you keep complaining about is the size and weight of the tablet when the original iPad has similar size and weight and did extraordinarily well.

    The specs on the Touchpad are just as good if not better than the competition.
    The Operating System blows any others out of the water.

    With true multitasking, HP synergy, a better e-mail application, notifications that aren't intrusive and I find very useful, and the ecosystem that this tablet will be surrounded by come next year....I don't see where your disappointment comes from.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    I disagree.
    I honestly think WebOS is the best operating system than could be on any tablet at this time.
    iOS is truly a phone OS.
    Android is too complicated for most consumers to enjoy.
    Blackberry playbook is a rip off of WebOS and not as productive.

    With the Touchpad they bring the best operating system to the big screen and with some major upgrades as well.
    The only thing that people like you keep complaining about is the size and weight of the tablet when the original iPad has similar size and weight and did extraordinarily well.

    The specs on the Touchpad are just as good if not better than the competition.
    The Operating System blows any others out of the water.

    With true multitasking, HP synergy, a better e-mail application, notifications that aren't intrusive and I find very useful, and the ecosystem that this tablet will be surrounded by come next year....I don't see where your disappointment comes from.
    I disagree

    1. you completely underestimate the importance of the hardware design, for people who aren't particularly well informed about the OSes (like most buyers), hardwares, looks, listed prices are all they can check in a short encounter.

    2. the specs on Touchpad is not as good or better than competition, you are making the common mistake in ignoring android tablets in your comparison.

    3. your argument against blackberry playbook simply won't register with normal buyers.

    4. webOS email app is not a better app, it may have more functions, but its not nearly as responsive as android mail app.

    5. with new iOS,, all platform has none-intrusive notifications.

    I agree webOS is probably the best mobile OS out there. But thats the most difficult message to convey when most buyer only have a minute or two to spend on it before moving on to check out others. The attractive physical design is important, and there can not be any significant inferior aspect.
  11. #71  
    1.2 Dual Core Processor, 1GB Ram. As for the main players currently in the market what am I missing? Besides the rear camera.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I disagree

    1. you completely underestimate the importance of the hardware design, for people who aren't particularly well informed about the OSes (like most buyers), hardwares, looks, listed prices are all they can check in a short encounter.

    2. the specs on Touchpad is not as good or better than competition, you are making the common mistake in ignoring android tablets in your comparison.

    3. your argument against blackberry playbook simply won't register with normal buyers.

    4. webOS email app is not a better app, it may have more functions, but its not nearly as responsive as android mail app.

    5. with new iOS,, all platform has none-intrusive notifications.

    I agree webOS is probably the best mobile OS out there. But thats the most difficult message to convey when most buyer only have a minute or two to spend on it before moving on to check out others. The attractive physical design is important, and there can not be any significant inferior aspect.
    +1
  13. #73  
    In my opinion, WebOS should be reimagined along with WebOS devices. And before that, to be able to do such serious task guys at HP mobile division have to break prejudice regarding competition. Prejudice like: "iOS is truly a phone OS" and "Android is too complicated for most consumers to enjoy."
    You see, WebOS is not some truth seeking religion based upon belief. It's a consumer product depending on market rules and to be successful it should act accordingly. You know how market is fierce and how many great products was destroyed.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    1.2 Dual Core Processor, 1GB Ram. As for the main players currently in the market what am I missing? Besides the rear camera.
    you missed most important feature when people put their eyesight on it.

    the resolution.

    I just went to a bestbuy over the weekend, although I didn't find a touchpad, the display of Acer iconia 500 and Samsung galaxy tab 10.1. the 1280x800 is indeed marvelous.

    The thinness and style of samsung galaxy tab 10.1 is also extremely attractive.

    Like you, we all know how powerful webOS can be, Im just extremely concerned that it will not get its fair chance with consumers because HP refuses to put top notch hardware inside and out.
  15. #75  
    And about the e-mail application, the android e-mail application does not match up with WebOS at all. I feel like the E-mail application is probably one of the strongest features of the Touchpad.
    The non-obtrusive notifications on iOS 5 are not as easily accessible as your notifications on WebOS, on WebOS you can ignore certain messages/e-mails by simply swiping them away where as on iOS 5 if i'm not mistaken you have to open them to do anything.
    The Playbook is nice but the problem it has is the sensitivity to swiping between its cards, it's a "Me-too" 7-incher that is really a me-too in direct aim at WebOS. The lack of e-mail is a HUGEEEEEE problem for Blackberry, unless you have a Blackberry phone you're screwed.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    you missed most important feature when people put their eyesight on it.

    the resolution.

    I just went to a bestbuy over the weekend, although I didn't find a touchpad, the display of Acer iconia 500 and Samsung galaxy tab 10.1. the 1280x800 is indeed marvelous.

    The thinness and style of samsung galaxy tab 10.1 is also extremely attractive.
    Resolution on a tablet is like resolution on a netbook...It can only get to a point and after that point the change is not visible to the human eye.
  17. #77  
    Just a quick note, we haven't gotten to that point but really everything I've seen on an iPad was crystal clear and I couldn't really ask for a better resolution for any specific reason.
    (note iPad is same resol at HP Touchpad)
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    And about the e-mail application, the android e-mail application does not match up with WebOS at all. I feel like the E-mail application is probably one of the strongest features of the Touchpad.
    The non-obtrusive notifications on iOS 5 are not as easily accessible as your notifications on WebOS, on WebOS you can ignore certain messages/e-mails by simply swiping them away where as on iOS 5 if i'm not mistaken you have to open them to do anything.
    The Playbook is nice but the problem it has is the sensitivity to swiping between its cards, it's a "Me-too" 7-incher that is really a me-too in direct aim at WebOS. The lack of e-mail is a HUGEEEEEE problem for Blackberry, unless you have a Blackberry phone you're screwed.
    Google has made drastic changes with email app for honeycomb, its different now.

    I agree notification of webOS is the best, there is really no argument there at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    Resolution on a tablet is like resolution on a netbook...It can only get to a point and after that point the change is not visible to the human eye.
    true, but 1024x768 is definitely not that limit. Not after I witnessed the samsung galaxy tab 10.1.
  19. #79  
    I've played with the honeycomb on Samsung Tab 10.1 and Xoom and as far as a smooth transition from one e-mail account to the other and the ability to view your mail side by side to your list of other e-mails WebOS dominates.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    agreed, Touchpad is not in vacuum, but HP surely is formalizing marketing strategy like it is, they compare it to iPad 1, and ignore the android, is that really a sounds strategy?
    I don't think HP has compared the TouchPad to the iPad 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Samsung, Acer all have dedicated stands in bestbuy, so does apple, when presented 3 tablets with same prices, buyers gonna check all out, not just playing with one and be happy with it.
    Samsung and Acer don't have dedicated display booths in Bestbuys in this area (that I've seen), but I really don't think HP is counting on the booths exclusively.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions