Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I went to Bestbuy today, hoping to see a demo of the Touchpad, and two of the Bestbuy employees said that the HP rep. had the unit and wasn't in on Sunday.

But they also went on to say that I should get anything but the Touchpad. They said that they were being trained on it, and said the display was lacking, the unit was big and heavy, seemed rushed.

I am taking this with a grain of salt, cause I don't think they realized the potential of WebOS, the homebrew, and the interaction that the Pre3 can have with the Touchpad.

But it was just interesting, as WebOS is starting late in the game, and wondering how many more employees are going to tell customers to get the iPad 2, Galaxy Tab or the Xoom.
    As is my wont, I will respond with the reactions from several Twin Cities Minnesota Best Buys.

"Is someone looking at webOS!?!? I'll be right over!!"

I guess we have better Best Buys. =)
  3.    #3  
    I think the setup they had was interesting too. It was right next to all the Android tablets. I think that people are just going to mistake the TouchPad for another Android tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashakouri1 View Post
    the unit was big and heavy.
    Not a great sign, might be good to post store address with your experience in the rate your bestbuy thread

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html
    they shouldnt be dispsredging products. Pop in when the hp rep is there and point out the best buy rep...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    they shouldnt be dispsredging products. Pop in when the hp rep is there and point out the best buy rep...
    +1^^^

It's like asking a Sprint or Verizon rep about WebOS. "No but try this Android phone, it's the best." Lol

Also, go to Wal-Mart and try one for yourself. I've heard just the opposite about the speed and weight of it.

You also have to remember that just because the TouchPad is a tablet, it is still a WebOS device which means that reps will still continue to push Android or iOS (and nothing else) which shouldn't be surprising if you're in these forums.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    agreed.

try going back to the store when the hp rep is there. maybe the hp rep is subliminally sending this message to its stores by saying/doing something wrong.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    *disparaging

and yes, i completely agree. Best Buy really needs to send out a memo for its employees to show equal respect for all brands. the consensus seems to be: "oh it runs the Pre software? well the Pre phone 'failed' so therefore this product is no good".
  9.    #9  
    I am gonna go to Wal-mart right now. It was the San Diego Best Buy in Mission Valley.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    As far as the weight goes, we've known the official weight from HP for the 32GB TouchPad is 1.6 pounds. That's about a third of a pound heavier than others. Or the negative types would say it's 30% heavier.

Sure, some will make that an issue. Here's how I see it....

A third of a pound is 5 ounces. That's less than half the weight of the beverage I just drank. Or - Just realized the TP weighs 26 ounces, which is the equivalent of two bottled beverages overall. Not too bad when viewed from that perspective.

Speaking of beverages... I'm thirsty.
    How bout HP opens its own retail stores. They can sell laptops, printers, WebOS phones and tablets. This way they don't need to rely on 18 year old sales reps working summer jobs at best buy and staples to push their products.
    I really wish that HP had their own stores. It is completely plausible because they have a wide enough range of devices for a continued source of revenue. It would help them alot. The hard part about it is rolling them out. HP has enough money to be able to invest into stores and they would bring back their amount in money within a year. #Wishful-Dreaming
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    As far as the weight goes, we've known the official weight from HP for the 32GB TouchPad is 1.6 pounds. That's about a third of a pound heavier than others. Or the negative types would say it's 30% heavier.

Sure, some will make that an issue. Here's how I see it....

A third of a pound is 5 ounces. That's less than half the weight of the beverage I just drank. Or - Just realized the TP weighs 26 ounces, which is the equivalent of two bottled beverages overall. Not too bad when viewed from that perspective.

Speaking of beverages... I'm thirsty.
    Weight ounces and fluid ounces are a tad bit different.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    How bout HP opens its own retail stores. They can sell laptops, printers, WebOS phones and tablets. This way they don't need to rely on 18 year old sales reps working summer jobs at best buy and staples to push their products.
    Ahh that hurts. I'm an HP Rep and I've been one for a year, I'm 19 too and I feel like certain reps just aren't ready for the type of job this is. I influence other sales associates at BB, Wal-Mart to push HP products and I can see it working, though some associates are always going to be *******.
    My best buy guy said "well it is only running 3.0, and the other android tabs are running 3.1..."
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
    Quote Originally Posted by mclark2112 View Post
    My best buy guy said "well it is only running 3.0, and the other android tabs are running 3.1..."
    That's the best one I've heard yet.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mclark2112 View Post
    Tell him to click on the 3.0.0 and it'll say a bigger number.
    It's not HP's fault; it's a 'soft launch'!
    Hopefully HP is not resting its future on minimum wage earners and take a page from Apple, commercial every other break on every channel for 6 months.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    Weight ounces and fluid ounces are a tad bit different.
    heh... guess somebody needs a sense of humor
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast