1.    #1  
    I forgot to try it at walmart, but does a full side to side switch apps? Like the advanced full gesture swipe does on the pre to switch apps quickly? I'm really gonna feel odd not having the back gesture! I use it a lot on my Pre.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I thought the TouchPad used a physical button and not "gestures" anymore...
    the flick-up-from-bottom-to-go-into-card-view gesture has been added back (pressing the button still works).

what the O.P. was asking about is the advanced-app-switching gesture that we have today on our phones, where you do a full-swipe to switch from one app to another WITHOUT having to go into card-view and clicking on a card.

i'm interested in this as well, so if anyone is able to test this out please report back. thx!
    there isnt a side ti side advanced gesture. Hopefully someone will cewate a patch to make a gesture off tne left amd right sides to do that like it does from the bottom.
  5.    #5  
    yea, i tried the up swipe and it works great to minimize to card view. I love the gestures but the average user never understood them it seems. Maybe why there is confusion sometimes with new users. Getting rid of this may help them. I dunno, but its going to be hard to retrain my mind without certain actions I am used to on my Pre.
    Maybe they can do a multi-finger gesture like Apple does?
    this tnread is about the touchpad, mot the ipad
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    this tnread is about the touchpad, mot the ipad
    Can't make suggestions now that relate in any way to the iPad? It wasn't a dig at the TouchPad or anything but merely a suggestion for what HP could do to bring back the "advanced gesture" to webOS 3.0.

In any case, without a dedicated gesture area, it's about their only option for fast-app switching.
    Its a fine gesture on a phone, it becomes hideous on a 10" surface.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    there isnt a side ti side advanced gesture. Hopefully someone will cewate a patch to make a gesture off tne left amd right sides to do that like it does from the bottom.

You have just given me an idea. They have brought the up gesture back by sensoring the 1st pixel on the bottom. Well for the left and right advanced gesture wouldn't it be possible to sensor the 1st pixel on the right and left of the screen, say if you swipe on to the screen on the right between 10% and 40% of the way up the side then it goes to the next card on the right?
    I wouldn't mind seeing a side swipe action for going to the next card in a stack. I'm new to WebOS, could it do that now? Because I would think that this would work in a web browser as a substitute for not having tabs.
    swipe side to middle or 1/4th middle to change card in stack would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude90210 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a side swipe action for going to the next card in a stack. I'm new to WebOS, could it do that now? Because I would think that this would work in a web browser as a substitute for not having tabs.
    Yes, look here :

Know your gestures: Full Swipe (Advanced Gesture) | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net

or

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...hing-apps.html
    A full side to side swipe would be insane on a device this size I think. What would be awesome, I'm thinking, is the corner. Imagine holding the device by the edges and swiping with your thumb in an arc up through the bottom and out the right side of the screen to advance to the next application. The reverse would also work swiping in from the right and out the bottom. Not as convenient as the gesture area, but a good approximation.
    There is an option in the Touchpad for Advanced Gestures...I'm pretty sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.