1.    #1  
    i paired up the device and had my wife call me. We both thought it was so cool. I was not able to get sms to connect though... I think the issue is with the demo sms version
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    that means that my pre- running 2.1 should also work with some luck. Happy days
  3.    #3  
    ithe touchpad says pair your webos device under bluetooth options. Not sure if all phones can be paired
    Wait... Are you a developer? How do u already have a touchpad??
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I can't get messaging to work either with my FrankenPre 2 on Sprint, with the demo unit at Walmart.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubby323 View Post
    I can't get messaging to work either with my FrankenPre 2 on Sprint, with the demo unit at Walmart.

hp said that texting would require webOS 2.2 or higher but phone calls should work on any version.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 06/26/2011 at 09:47 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    hp said that texting would require webOS w.2 or higher but phone calls should work on any version.
    The Pre 2 runs WebOS 2.1.
    doesn't work on the Pre 2 with 2.1 either. will need another minor update.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    WebOS 2.2 is the version I belive that will give TTS and SMS/Call touchpad pairing. What the pre3 /should/ ship with and what the Veer should get shortly
    mine is 2.0.1 because i am on verizon.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    mine is 2.0.1 because i am on verizon.
    Didn't they just push the update to 2.1 for VZW pre 2's?
    apparently they only let it out for a few devices as a test. No one else has it,,, and I'm wondering uf they found a problem?