1.    #1  
    Hey everyone I was wondering...does anyone know if the Touchpad will support writing on it like the HTC Flyer does? While I would prefer something with the size of the HTC Flyer, I can handle something...bulkier, if it has webOS and supports writing like the Flyer....since as a college student, I really would like it to support that...even though it's not strictly a requirement for me when buying a tablet, it's about as close to being one as is possible without actually being a requirement...and while I would love to have the Touchpad, since it is a webOS device, I would probably be willing to settle for the HTC Flyer if it doesn't support writing....to be honest I'm slightly leaning toward the Flyer anyway since it support the use of the stylus in more situations...as far as I know...but my opinion is pretty evenly split aside from that. So does anyone know if the Touchpad will support writing on it like the HTC Flyer does? And if so will I need to do anything special to get it to do so?
    I haven't heard any such rumors, but I would certainly buy an app like that so I hope someone is working on such an app...
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Not gonna happen on this version of the touchpad.
    I use the 2730p, I highly highly recommend the HP 2760p tablet PC.
    It is awesome when used with onenote

The Buzz: Tablet Computer News - HP 2760p is finally for real

who knows, maybe you'll be able to put webOS on this too soon
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Not gonna happen on this version of the touchpad.
    What's your rationale?
  5.    #5  
    Okay...well since it's not going to support it in the way the HTC Flyer does, does anyone know if there will be any apps like Penultimate or Pen and Paper for the iPad? Please guys, I'm really eager to get a Touchpad, since I'd rather have webOS than Android or iOS and I'm not going to even consider the Blackberry Playbook, so I'm hoping there is some app like Penultimate or Pen and Paper for the iPad...only on the TouchPad...someone please tell me, honestly, that there IS at least one decent or better app like that?
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neruda6000 View Post
    What's your rationale?
    It would need to use an ntrig screen to have both capacitive touch and also a pen digitizer. Maybe there are other brands available but my point is that its not as simple as using a sausage pen on a capacity screen. I believe the htc flyer uses a special digitizer which knows when you are using the pen and turns off the capacity part of the screen when you are using it so you don't smear 'ink' on the screen or make it go haywire while writing. That is the way the 2760p works. Capacitive with the finger and active digitizer with the pen.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Have you tried writing on the ipad? Even w a funky special pen, it really stinks. For now I'd get a tablet pc if you can swing it (esp if you want to replace your current computer soon. Otherwise get a flyer. In school you will need a fluid writing instrument. I wouldn't go with anything else.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums