1.    #1  
    One of the Walmarts with Touchpad display models, that is. Now I'm really curious whether you can do call forwarding AND sms with a lesser OS than 2.1..

I've heard both from these forums. The person who most recently visited said the Touchpad prompt was something like "forward calls and texts from any webOS phone", which others seem to have some more authoritative source that says it's only 2.1 and above.

I keep trying to find a display unit here in the Twin Cities, but we have the worst Walmarts in the country, I think.. =/
    I was thinking the exact same thing, and even went out with my Pre- today. No Touchpads to be found.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Been to 3 Walmarts to test this and no Touchpads
    Check out this post

Touchpad with Sprint Pre
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    Check out this post

Touchpad with Sprint Pre
    I must have missed where there was a reference to pre-2.1-pres..

Frankly, if the call and sms forwarding is done by bluetooth, then I can totally see where call-forwarding would act the same as any other BT headset. The SMS stuff may be a little more tricky.

Again, I expect that our awesome homebrew community will be able to make a workaround, though. I'd just like to find out whether that prompt the Walmart shopper saw really meant "any webos device", or "any webos device produced by HP"
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Hopefully there is a patch or something that can be built... If so I will use mt Pre- until it completely falls apart.
    There shouldn't be a difference; it's all in the software for making calls and routing sms through the TouchPad. The only thing you need a Pre 3/Veer for is the touch-to-share which is restricted by hardware (and software).
    Quote Originally Posted by doodad64 View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing, and even went out with my Pre- today. No Touchpads to be found.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsueks View Post
    Been to 3 Walmarts to test this and no Touchpads
    Same here.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    @ my Walmart... "whats a touch....pad...?"
    The Wallys close to my house, 2 of them "super" do not have a TP on display, but in one of them the guy in charge of the electronics dep said they already have "a few of them HP TouchPads in the warehouse", but could not get one out to show it to me
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif