Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    So I got to play with a touchpad for the 3rd time, I paired my Pre2 with it and called voicemail on it. But I didn't have anybody text me or anything, also I don't know what the deal is but every time they had to turn it on, and after about 20 seconds it freezes for about 10 or 15 sec and then its fine
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    So I got to play with a touchpad for the 3rd time, I paired my Pre with it and called voicemail on it. But I didn't have anybody text me or anything, also I don't know what the deal is but every time they turn it on, after about 20 seconds it freezes for about 10 or 15 sec and then its fine
    I'll text you, give a shout out if you are playing with it tonight.
    To everyone who keeps freaking out of sluggishness or delays, etc, remember this is not the final build. I'm quite sure they'll be having us update on July 1st to a new build. It's only going to get better..
    mine froze up too. After its done freezing it runs great. I dont think the avg user will tolerate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    To everyone who keeps freaking out of sluggishness or delays, etc, remember this is not the final build. I'm quite sure they'll be having us update on July 1st to a new build. It's only going to get better..
    Just to clarify before anyone out there freaks out, since "build" is related to hardware versions. We're talking about firmware and/or OS updates -those are the ones that will, most likely, get an update on day 1.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    And are "you sure" because you know something or because you work for HP? Otherwise your just making S up.
    I hope not, if all the reviewers are getting the none-final build, the review will not be as good.
    At BestBuy now:
    Mighty Meeting app which stores presos in cloud and shares with others;
    HP BookPrep (see bookprep.com) which has older books;
    Worldfactbook.com;
    Whitepages yay;
    Box.net app does not say how long gigs are free

Precentral one of the search engine in just type. Nice.

Profile was HP Personal. When I touched it message read:need internet to connect to HP's Cloud Services

Acid3 test score was 92

Edit: took video of easter egg will post later (see post below for video link);

TouchPad successfully found Pre with metadoctored 2.1 but could not receive call not sure why;

Kodak rep guy wandered by. He owns ipad1 and says plastic feels nicer than alum; he thought it felt heavier than ipad 1 but says bestbuy lock is heavier than thin lock for ipad so that could make the difference in the store.

He had beats pdiddy headpbone and plugged it in and says it sounds nice.
    He says inline proprietary vol adj and track control only works w Apple but likes sound on TouchPad as well as Apple with the headphones.

Music speakers sound good.

edit2: kodak rep said display looked good, asked if it was higfh def but then said screen too small to make difference anyway
    Last edited by bluenote; 06/27/2011 at 11:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    at store now bestbuy
    there is mighty meeting app which stores presos in cloud and shares with others; there is hp bookprep see bookprep.com which has older books; there is worldfactbook.com; whitepages yay; box.net app does not say how long gigs are free
    precentral one of the search engined in just type. Nice.
    profile was HP Personal. When I touched it message read need internet to connect to HP Cloud Services
    Take a video of the angry birds fling
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    open the music app!! how do the beats audio speakers sound???
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I hope not, if all the reviewers are getting the none-final build, the review will not be as good.
    I'm hoping he made a mistake when he said "built", since all these devices are final and, instead, meant to say some firmware/OS update, as I mentioned earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I'm hoping he made a mistake when he said "built", since all these devices are final and, instead, meant to say some firmware/OS update, as I mentioned earlier.
    Yes, thx for clarifying what I meant. Talking about software update, not hardware.. To those saying the reviews will be bad if this is true, notice we have 4 days till release and still not a review. Almost wouldn't be surprised if HP makes them wait until release day and tells them to base their review off the firmware update and not what it shipped to them with.. I could always be wrong..
    Yes, thx for clarifying what I meant. Talking about software update, not hardware.. To those saying the reviews will be bad if this is true, notice we have 4 days till release and still not a review. Almost wouldn't be surprised if HP makes them wait until release day and tells them to base their review off the firmware update and not what it shipped to them with.. I could always be wrong..
    Reviewers need about a week to be with the final product, hardware and software, they cannot possibly write a credible review based on one day experince with the product.

I sincerely doubt there will be a launch day OS upgrade, at least not a significant one.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    I played with a touchpad at my local Walmart today. I made a call on it with my Pre 2 but could not make a call with my fiance's Pre Minus. (Mine is actually a Franken Pre2 running on Sprint).

I planned on downloading a PDF magazine, but my Pre2 was on roam and it was taking too long.

I loved the build quality. However, I was the first customer to try it out so it was downloading all of the demos almost the entire time I held it. this slowed it down a bit.

It did connect to the internet with my FreeTether app.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Many times, reviewers will be made privy of updates that would otherwise be released to the general public on launch day only, so as to make the reviews as close to the final product as possible.

clevin: wanna bet a dollar that there will be a significant update on July 1st?
    Angry Birds easter egg video here
    Most certainly will have to have some changes to final version as there was no music or video connectivity from the phone to an HP service.
    Rats won't let me upload; here's a youtube link:

Last edited by bluenote; 06/27/2011 at 11:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    And are "you sure" because you know something or because you work for HP? Otherwise your just making S up.
    To be fair, the original Pre had a day 1 update as well. "Making S up" is a bit harsh, I'd say more of a guess based on past experiences.
    As a reference , playbook reviewers received several updates during the week leading up to its launch...
    We're hoping not to tread the same path as the Playbook.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    We're hoping not to tread the same path as the Playbook.
    Releasing updates prior to launch isn't unique to the playbook, nor is it a signal that the launch will resemble the playbooks. This is actually very common w/ software nowadays. Many phones update the day you buy them, and plenty of video games do it as well. Its often the only way to meet ship date AND have the best OS build on the device day 1.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast